hghppjfan
Travniki

Students should be allowed to pick their classes.

hghppjfan

hghppjfan

Pro

Hello! Whoever accepts me will make the rules.
Travniki

Con

Students totally shouldn't be able to pick their classes. That is ridiculous. Classes must always be picked and approved by a male adult, preferably a member of the clergy. And they totally can't pick their classes under the status quo. That is also false.
hghppjfan

Pro

This is why students should pick their classes:

A. It decreases the chance of skipping classes.
B. It increases the reason to go to school.
C. It helps students learn about scheduling.
Travniki

Con

Claims made without evidence may be dismissed without evidence so I would feel quite comfortable saying "NO IT DOESN'T" to all of the points.

Unfortunately, I am an educated gentleman of incredible class and wit so I will think of reasons why each (non clergy approved) claim is false.

Rebuttal:

A/B) It does not decrease the chances of students skipping. Students skip mainly because they are attracted to an activity (such as smoking cigarettes or a newly released movie) that happens outside of the classroom during school time. I think that students skip classes not because the class does not interest them, but because something outside the class is more appealing.

C) The actual act of picking the classes does not teach skills about scheduling. The act of attending and following the classes that have been picked is what gives you that skill. You will learn scheduling whether you pick your classes or someone else does.

My argument,

Children do not have the same capacity of looking towards the future as adults, nor do they possess the experience of adults. A child might cull the difficult courses like maths and sciences from their timetable because they are hard, and the child is living in the immediate present. This can limit the childs future and they will regret it when they are older.

Adults should, and must have the last say on a childs courses.
hghppjfan

Pro

Here is the rebuttals to your rebuttals:

Pro: I am educated to. Just because I am younger than you and am a female, does not mean that I am not educated.

Rebuttal:

Pro: Yes it does. People sometimes skip school because they are forced to take a harder class than their capable abilities.

Pro: Students will learn when someone else gives them an example, then goes into their footsteps.

My argument,

Children do not have the same capacity of looking towards the future as adults, nor do they possess the experience of adults. A child might cull the difficult courses like maths and sciences from their timetable because they are hard, and the child is living in the immediate present. This can limit the child's future and they will regret it when they are older.

Adults should, and must have the last say on a child's courses.

Rebuttal: If the student regrets it, people can say that it was their responsibility. I am saying that not all students are not capable of this, but if they choose that, it is their fault.
Travniki

Con

Travniki forfeited this round.
Posted by tennis47 4 years ago
tennis47
Travniki should have won. hghppjfan's arguments were weak, and she had lots of spelling errors.
Posted by MartinE 5 years ago
MartinE
Yeah....
Posted by adontimasu 5 years ago
adontimasu
Zaradi beat me to it.
Posted by Zaradi 5 years ago
Zaradi
This is really awkward because students CAN pick their classes..... .-.
Vote Placed by lannan13 5 years ago
lannan13
hghppjfanTravnikiTied