ldodd42
Zaradi

Students should be legally held for the bullying in schools

Zaradi

ldodd42

Pro

In a recent study that Dr. Mackrintzo did, proved that 1 out of 4 kids are bullied,
77% of students are bullied verbally, physically and mentally, 43% are experiencing cyber bullying and 3 in 5 students are said to be a bully
160,000 kids skip school because of the fear that they will be bullied.
Should we just focus on prevention and the protection of victims, or should the bullies themselves face the force of the law if their actions lead to loss of life?
Bullying has always existed in schools and will most likely continue to exist unless something is done.
It can lead to serious psychological problems, like depression and even suicide.
I am 100% behind the fact that anyone who bullies, intimidates, or abuses another person should be punished. If someone commits suicide and they were bullied, the bully is definitely the one guilty, they should be punished.
Bullying needs to be taken very seriously as it can DESTROY someone's life!
So I say:
REAL ACTIONS, REAL CONSEQUENCES!!
Zaradi

Con

The problem with this is that there's no actual enforcability. The definition of bullying is so varied that you could ask five different people what constitutes bullying and get five different answers. It's insanely hard to verify if bullying has actually transpired because most of this is personal and being dealt with inside of the person. If I say that you're bullying me, there's not much you can do except for turn it into a "your word against mine" debate, and I'm going to win that if I'm accusing you of bullying.

And what's the punishment for bullying? A fine? Jail time? Lethal injection? There's no good way to actually punish it.

There's no good way to hold someone legally accountable for bullying, like the way my opponent is suggesting. We do need to do something, I agree. But let's not be totally dumb and just jump on the first bad idea that pops up.
Posted by kristenharden 9 months ago
kristenharden
this is what i was look ing for thank you
Posted by Zaradi 3 years ago
Zaradi
Good question. He made it so i'unno.
Posted by Theunkown 3 years ago
Theunkown
Why would you have a 1 round debate?
The bare minimum to have a proper debate is 3 rounds in my opinion
Posted by Zaradi 3 years ago
Zaradi
1k characters in 5 minutes? Lol.
Vote Placed by judeifeanyi 3 years ago
judeifeanyi
ldodd42ZaradiTied
Reasons for voting decision: Both of them did not use any reliable source, or statistical data. Though pro made better argument
Vote Placed by johnlubba 3 years ago
johnlubba
ldodd42ZaradiTied
Reasons for voting decision: Con gave a good rebuttal to Pro's argument, and Pro never gave himself a chance to extend the argument, therefore Pro loses conduct points as well as argumentation for a one round debate, also Con had better spelling and grammar.