SamuelBeebe
Bjarke_Havardr

Students should have school off for Veterans day.

SamuelBeebe

Pro

Students should have school off for veterans day because they should be able to honor their veterans, and they should be able to know about what their soldiers have done to protect and serve their country, the veterans deserve a day where their children/friends/family can congratulate them on helping keep us all safe.
Bjarke_Havardr

Con

Veterans deserve to be thanked everyday of the year, not just a select few. If you truly need all of today at home to thank them, you are not thanking them as you should. Getting off today would just be an excuse to get out of work, not an actual appreciation.
SamuelBeebe

Pro

People should have work/school off because it is a day where we can celebrate, by doing parades, having cookouts, and many other things. Your argument is that we should celebrate them every day, although I agree, I do not believe that we should have parades, cookouts, and other celebratory activities. My father is 5th group 1st battalion in the united stated special forces, so I know about respect.
Bjarke_Havardr

Con

Yes, cookouts can be fun. Usually, if you're at one with beloved family members(exception of aunt martha) you will enjoy yourself.
In my experience, cookouts usually start at around 3:30 in the afternoon, still warm out but starting to cool down. In the United states, most high school convene at 2 pm, and most elementary and middle schools convene at 3pm. Just in time for the family cookout, no?
No school should be adding this day to the long list of holidays just because people want to be home to prepare the hamburgers earlier than usual.
There are parades on D-Day to remember veterans who fought and died for our country, so another on Veterans day would be a nice, although useless sentiment.
SamuelBeebe

Pro

SamuelBeebe forfeited this round.
SamuelBeebe

Pro

SamuelBeebe forfeited this round.
Bjarke_Havardr

Con

Bjarke_Havardr forfeited this round.
Posted by Effffort 1 year ago
Effffort
veterns day is off for me
Posted by Wylted 1 year ago
Wylted
I think Veterans Day should be considered a Jewish holiday, and maybe Jewish kids can get the day off.
Posted by Wylted 1 year ago
Wylted
How do soldiers going oversees and attacking countries that advance Jewish interests, but cause blowback at home like 9/11, actually protect the citizens?