Saruul624ASU
21MolonLabe

Students should have to wear school uniforms

21MolonLabe

Saruul624ASU

Pro

School that have uniforms have more intelligent and efficient students, because they have uniforms. When schools have uniforms kids focus more on they're studies not on they're clothes or how they look. If everyone wore the same clothes no one can say theirs is better and no one will be teased of what they wear. When everybody wears the same thing their will be less prejudicism and more nationalism. Kids will get along better and create more social groups. Students spend less time deciding what to wear, because no one will judge what they choose because they're all wearing the same thing. Nobody likes to be mocked when you choose the best clothing you had and then the other laugh and bully him for trying. When theirs the uniform policy kids will be friendlier and smarter because of the intelligent decision the school made for the kids own good.
21MolonLabe

Con

As per your statement about students being more intelligent and efficient if they have uniforms, that is a common misconception. I point to Memphis City Schools as my evidence. Cordova High School has a very strict uniform policy, yet a very high fail rate. I know because I attended that school for two years. Out of the 500 people in my class, only half were passing. At my new school, we have no uniform policy, yet, it is praised as one of the top 5 schools in the State of Kentucky.

You are also wrong when you say, "When schools have uniforms kids focus more on they're studies not on they're clothes or how they look." Once again, I use MCS as my evidence. Every single day, girls would come into class and put on their makeup and guys would comb their hair with their hair picks, in total disregard for what the policy states. At my new school, everyone does their work and they don't really care about what other people are wearing.

Kids are not friendlier when there is a uniform policy in place. In fact, students are more hostile. In the minds of students, they are being forced wear something that they do not want to. Because they feel like they are being forced to do something, tensions can escalate quickly. At Cordova High, fights were almost an everyday thing.
Saruul624ASU

Pro

There's seriously no proof that that school even exists. What type of school has 500 students in one class!!! No wonder why half of them are failing. How can one teacher teach 500 kids at once. Don't blame it on the uniform, it has nothing to do about it. If your new school had a uniform policy it would be number one, but they decide they don't need it and all those intelligent kids aren't being used for they're full potential.

If those school have a uniform policy they wouldn't be putting the make up on and combing they're hair, because they would of did it at home because they would spent less time trying to choose what they should wear to school. No, the kids at your new school care about they're cloths. You just don't see it because your all caught up in your clothes not on other people and your school work.

Why would tensions escalate if everybody is wearing the same thing, no one is above or below anyone in their fashion. Fights don't start when kids are all wearing the same thing. They only start when one person knows the other kid is wearing something better than them and take the first blow. Think about it would you start a fight with someone who is wearing the same clothing or someone who keeps bragging about how much richer they're families and how stupid you're cloths look.
In my school there's a uniform policy and a lot of rich kids. All the kids are wearing the same thing so you can't tell who's rich and who's not. Students at the school I go to there are no rich cliques to bully the poor kids or poor tough kids that get angry real easy and start fights.

Also uniforms are good for the children's parents. Why, uniform cost a lot and schools require you to get them. In a school without uniform policy parents have to buy more cloths which cost more money and time to get them. Wearing one thing for the whole entire year is much cheaper for the parents and helps the child go to school faster.
21MolonLabe

Con

Maybe I should have been more specific.
The schools do exist. Look up "http://www.mcsk12.net... " My current school, Eminence High, also has a website. Look up "http://www.eminence.kyschools.us...; they exist. When I said 500 people per class, I meant in my graduating class, not every classroom. There is anywhere from 7 to 30 students per classroom, depending on what class it was. Also, there were 2 or 3 teachers per subject because there were so many students.

The school does have a dress policy. If you want to see what it is, go to this website: http://www.mcsk12.net...

I find your accusations very offensive. For your information, I am the smartest person in my GRADUATING CLASS. I am taking college courses at Bellarmine University. I focus on my school work. In fact, I take pride in my academic accomplishments. You have no idea what I do. I do not obsess about my clothes. I throw on what I pull out of my dresser. The truth is, I DO NOT CARE about my clothes. You would have to know me personally to know why. So you can assume all you want. But the reality is, you do not know me at all.

The kids Cordova High had a total disregard for policy. You are under the misconception that all kids like to follow the rules. Let me make a suggestion, go visit Memphis. Maybe that will open your eyes to the truth about students' feelings for policy. The fact is that students hate being told what to do. That is why tension rise. Not because everybody is wearing the same thing, but because they are being forced to wear clothes that are uncomfortable.

Your argument about why uniforms are good for parents is not very logical. Parents still have to BUY the uniforms, in addition to clothes that their kids wear outside of school. With no uniform policy, the students can wear what clothes they already have.

I think that I will list all of my academic accomplishments next round if you want me to.
Saruul624ASU

Pro

Okay so now your bragging about your academic accomplishments, not proving your point. Just so you know I'm 12 years not 21 in the profile description. I'm only twelve and still winning this debate. My school has a uniform policy and all the students are smart and intelligent. In my last school there was no such thing as an uniform and I couldn't spell us. I was that dumb back then and now with my new school and uniform policy, I'm smarter than you. With no uniform i only cared on what people wore, with uniforms I can study on my work. You're lying when you say you wear the first thing you grab out of the closet. What if you pull out a dress that your sister put in there.

Having uniforms make it an easier playing field for poorer students that can't buy fashionable clothing, to wear to school. They end up being teased, bullied or starting fights because there was no school uniform. If there was a uniform policy the other kids wouldn't even know that they were at all.

With the money the parents saved not buying clothes for school they can buy their kids some really fashionable clothing to wear on the weekdays or on breaks.

In Long Beach, CA, after two years of a district-wide K-8 mandatory uniform policy, reports of assault and battery in the district's schools decreased by 34%, assault with a deadly weapon dropped by 50%, fighting incidents went down by 51%, sex offenses were cut by 74%, robbery dropped by 65%, possession of weapons (or weapon "look-alikes") decreased by 52%, possession of drugs went down by 69%, and vandalism was lowered by 18%. http://school-uniforms.procon.org...

In my new school with the uniforms nobody is ever late, why? Uniforms help the students get ready faster in the mornings and improve attendance, which helps their over all grade. Instead of trying on each and every clothing in your wardrobe wear the one you wear everyday. Vote smartly.
21MolonLabe

Con

You say that wearing uniforms makes you smarter. Based on that logic, now that I am in a school without a uniform policy, I am nothing more than a blathering idiot, as well as ever other student in attendance, which is not the case. Everyone in Memphis City Schools would be a genius, which is not the case. Everyone in Memphis would be on time, which is not the case. There would be almost no crime in Memphis, which is not the case. There would be no fights, which is not the case. Do you see the pattern? Clothing does not change anyone's character.

You also say that parents save money by not buying clothes for school, if they wear school uniforms. I say, yet again, that if I buy schools uniforms, which cost more that the eight dollar pair of jeans and the seven dollar t-shirt that I can get from Walmart, I will not be able to buy clothes for use outside of school. But, if I go to a school that has no uniform policy, I can wear the clothes that I already have, instead of having to go and buy clothes specifically for school.

I have never known anybody that tries on every piece of clothing that they have before school.
I miraculously arrive EARLY to school despite the fact that it does not have a dress policy. (He said sarcastically)

In conclusion, clothing has no effect on your character. School uniforms does not save money, because you have to buy twice as many clothes, the uniforms, and clothes for after school. Nobody tries on all of their clothes before school. And oh, by the way, the last time that I pulled a dress out of my closet was never, because my sister prefers to keep her clothes in her own closet.
Posted by The-Voice-of-Truth 2 years ago
The-Voice-of-Truth
The Contender had a more sound argument. He used very good reasoning to counter the arguments of The Instigator. Also, proper grammar, capitalization, and punctuation was used by The Con; I cannot say the same thing for The Instigator. Besides, I used to attend Cordova High School as well (and the website is legit too), and I can back The Con in saying that even though we had to wear school uniforms, There were still fights, drugs, stabbings, shootings, bomb threats, human trafficking, uniform infractions, gangs, racism, and DEFINITELY NO SENSE OF EQUALITY AMONGST THE STUDENT BODY.
Posted by 18Karl 2 years ago
18Karl
Give it 10,000, and 72 hours and then I'll gladly accept this.
Vote Placed by The-Voice-of-Truth 2 years ago
The-Voice-of-Truth
Saruul624ASU21MolonLabeTied
Reasons for voting decision: The Contender had a more sound argument. He used very good reasoning to counter the arguments of The Instigator. Also, proper grammar, capitalization, and punctuation was used by The Con; I cannot say the same thing for The Instigator. Besides, I used to attend Cordova High School as well (and the website is legit too), and I can back The Con in saying that even though we had to wear school uniforms, There were still fights, drugs, stabbings, shootings, bomb threats, human trafficking, uniform infractions, gangs, racism, and DEFINITELY NO SENSE OF EQUALITY AMONGST THE STUDENT BODY.
Vote Placed by Leo.Messi 2 years ago
Leo.Messi
Saruul624ASU21MolonLabeTied
Reasons for voting decision: School uniforms are unnecessary. Con convinced me.