Tvirus
mlibb

Students should not wear uniform

Tvirus

Con

First round acceptance only
Second-five round arguments
Final conclusion and who you think had better argument
mlibb

Pro

You're on.
Tvirus

Con

Let me start of by saying that children should wear uniform to school . My reasons are listed in nice order and hope my opponent gives me a great debate . My links will be put in the bottom of my argument .
Reasons why students should wear uniforms.
1 . Not all students will be able to afford nice cloths so there would be a lot of bullying for those who can't afford it .
2 . Bullying has been found responsible many student suicide and making it a law will increase suicide rates .
3 . There would be an increase in rasisiam in my opinion meaning I don't have much evidence to prove it but its based in the taught that if you say something an giants one person of a race then evreyone will think that that's true about the entire culture .
I hope my opponent sees these as plausible reasons to why students should wear uniforms good luck.

http://www.nl.idebate.org...
mlibb

Pro

1. Within the school walls school faculty can prevent much of the discrimination that takes place among students. If a child is being belittled at school it is a failure of authorities within the environment.

2. You argue that uniforms will prevent students from being able to identify less fortunate students and single them out for bullying and therefor lessen the frequency of children committing suicide. However, many of the social groups formed in a school are based on activities outside of school such as sports, church, and scouts. The interactions or lack there of in these activities are far more likely to play a major role in bullying.

3. Your argument that clothes play a role in developing racist ideologies in children doesn't sit well with me. Racism is a learned idea created from within a child's environment and is based on race. Uniforms may mask cultural differences within a student body but cannot mask race.

4. Institutionalization limits creativity. People always express themselves though the clothes that they wear. A lack of variety may hinder the creativity of our youth resulting in a loss of the innovation that has been the driving force behind the United States success.
Tvirus

Con

You blame school authorities for letting bullying but most schools have over 1,000 students and a handful of staff about 3 dozen at most there's too much students to take care of .
My opponent claims that wearing uniforms takes children's creativity but the school helps give the student creativity by giving then an elective . Like me I chose music which helps me by giving me the chance to make music and you don't have to chose music you can choose art how does art not include creativity .
And my last argument you state that I stated the cloths but I said in my opinion bbecouse I might not have been fact but I still stay with my claim even if it doesn't have evidence
mlibb

Pro

1. According to the Dept. of Education the average student to pupil ratio is U.S. schools is 20:1 in High Schools the ratio is 16:1. The average elementary school has 450 students and the average high school 750. I believe it is possible for an educator to maintain a sense of order within the school walls and reprimand students who are caught bullying peers. Children's lives are not limited to school. Unless we are going to put children in uniforms from birth till graduation they will be exposed to each other in apparel other than a school uniform and bullying will still take place.

2. Limiting creativity to the arts is Cons. answer to helping young people be creative and build a sense of identity. If a child wishes to do something differently than their peers they should play an instrument or paint a picture. Unfortunately in a school these activities are highly structured and are meant to develop technique and not to develop one's own sense of artistic expression.

3. The problem with uniforms and structured learning is that it develops uniform people. The real problem is poor parenting. A child learns from it's environment to be a bully. Masking children's differences isn't going to make a difference, if anything it could prolong one's lack of acceptance of differences and create greater discrimination in adulthood.
Tvirus

Con

I can't belove it for years of asking this question you somehow one I give up you are clearly the victor I tried my bst and couldent won thanks for the debate .
mlibb

Pro

mlibb forfeited this round.
Tvirus

Con

Tvirus forfeited this round.
mlibb

Pro

mlibb forfeited this round.