Students should not wear uniform
Debate Rounds (5)
Second-five round arguments
Final conclusion and who you think had better argument
Reasons why students should wear uniforms.
1 . Not all students will be able to afford nice cloths so there would be a lot of bullying for those who can't afford it .
2 . Bullying has been found responsible many student suicide and making it a law will increase suicide rates .
3 . There would be an increase in rasisiam in my opinion meaning I don't have much evidence to prove it but its based in the taught that if you say something an giants one person of a race then evreyone will think that that's true about the entire culture .
I hope my opponent sees these as plausible reasons to why students should wear uniforms good luck.
2. You argue that uniforms will prevent students from being able to identify less fortunate students and single them out for bullying and therefor lessen the frequency of children committing suicide. However, many of the social groups formed in a school are based on activities outside of school such as sports, church, and scouts. The interactions or lack there of in these activities are far more likely to play a major role in bullying.
3. Your argument that clothes play a role in developing racist ideologies in children doesn't sit well with me. Racism is a learned idea created from within a child's environment and is based on race. Uniforms may mask cultural differences within a student body but cannot mask race.
4. Institutionalization limits creativity. People always express themselves though the clothes that they wear. A lack of variety may hinder the creativity of our youth resulting in a loss of the innovation that has been the driving force behind the United States success.
My opponent claims that wearing uniforms takes children's creativity but the school helps give the student creativity by giving then an elective . Like me I chose music which helps me by giving me the chance to make music and you don't have to chose music you can choose art how does art not include creativity .
And my last argument you state that I stated the cloths but I said in my opinion bbecouse I might not have been fact but I still stay with my claim even if it doesn't have evidence
2. Limiting creativity to the arts is Cons. answer to helping young people be creative and build a sense of identity. If a child wishes to do something differently than their peers they should play an instrument or paint a picture. Unfortunately in a school these activities are highly structured and are meant to develop technique and not to develop one's own sense of artistic expression.
3. The problem with uniforms and structured learning is that it develops uniform people. The real problem is poor parenting. A child learns from it's environment to be a bully. Masking children's differences isn't going to make a difference, if anything it could prolong one's lack of acceptance of differences and create greater discrimination in adulthood.
mlibb forfeited this round.
Tvirus forfeited this round.
mlibb forfeited this round.
No votes have been placed for this debate.
You are not eligible to vote on this debate
This debate has been configured to only allow voters who meet the requirements set by the debaters. This debate either has an Elo score requirement or is to be voted on by a select panel of judges.