QueenMK
SJM

Students should rather learn how to solve real world situations.

QueenMK has forfeited round #2.

QueenMK

Pro

Students in the US are subjective to having to learn things that are not needed. It would be best that a student learns the necessities in life too. I'm not saying that the education is bad it's just that the students don't know how to communicate or pay taxes. They don't know the way into making a successful business. They need to learn how to become successful too.
SJM

Con

This resolution brings into question whether we should keep the current system of teaching students, or replace it with things such as communication and paying taxes. In my school, communication class (speech) is a requirement. However, since this is a cheap shot, I would rather just clarify this topic in order to have a meaningful debate, as opposed to me just using some cheap fallacious trick to win.

I assume this debate will be about whether we should keep education how it is, or replace it with an education that involves paying taxes and starting a business. The voters should notice the use of the word, replace instead of adopt, because the resolution includes the word rather. So it's this or that, not this or this and that.

Now as for my case, I would like to begin with the claim that current education is as necessary, if not more necessary, than things such as paying taxes and starting a business. To clarify, I hope we can agree that things such as paying taxes, is generally more easily learned, than our current studies. I would say that paying taxes, shouldn't take two semesters. This is why I venture to say that we should learn how to pay taxes, outside of our normal routine education. This does not exclude the possibility of having a class on how to pay taxes, as an extra.

The current educations teaches us how to even do math, in order to pay taxes. Without my opponent's proposal, we would all learn how to start a business and pay taxes, but not know how to plan out assets and liabilities in terms of business. Therefore we wouldn't be able to maintain the business. Without history, we wouldn't be able to know how successful businesses have been able to prosper. How did Bill gates get to where he is? The list can go on.

The current education is a prerequisite to starting a business and paying taxes. And because of current studies being a prerequisite to real world problems, not knowing the current studies itself must be a real world problem.
Posted by BryanMullinsNOCHRISTMAS2 9 months ago
BryanMullinsNOCHRISTMAS2
@SJM

Check this debate out:
http://www.debate.org...
BryanMullinsNOCHRISTMAS2
@SJM
check this debate out:
http://www.debate.org...

Vote for me because I'm the one who is on topic, not the con!
Posted by Jangle_WankFred 9 months ago
Jangle_WankFred
Promise me your soul and I shall teach you, sweet child.
Posted by QueenMK 9 months ago
QueenMK
By the way, this is my first debate ever and I have no experience at all so please feel free to leave a comment below on how I can improve. Thanks.