sanne6699
mlibb

Students should wear google glasses

sanne6699

Con

I do not agree on the statement that students should wear Google glasses during class, because students can cheat during test. When you wear Google glasses you can easily look something up on the internet, which is cheating. Secondly, many students forget to bring books to class, so they might also forget to bring this. When students forget to bring their glasses, (almost) everything they need during class, is not accessible.
mlibb

Pro

Google glass is a new technology that changes the way we do things. It is another avenue for people to cheat on tests but people already cheat on tests. With the creation of each new technology it is the responsibility of the educator to adapt new methods of learning. There is still a level of learning that needs to take place in order to use google glass on a test. There is also the argument that testing is ineffective as a learning tool and should only be used to help teachers adapt their teaching method. Perhaps more learning could take place in public schools if children had used google glass in a productive way.
sanne6699

Con

Firstly, I do not agree with you that people already cheat on tests. At my school there is no way I would be able to cheat during a test. But besides that, on a warm summer day the glasses might get sweaty on your head. I can imagine that you might want to take them of, even though the glasses are thin on one side. I don't think it's always comfortable to wear them. The physical bad side of the glass is that it damages eyesight and eventually can cause blindness. In a school where all students wear the glass, the books are very likely to be downloaded onto the device. If the students take the glass off, all the knowledge is gone. You come across the same problem when your device is suddenly empty.
mlibb

Pro

Your arguments seems purely speculative. I have not seen any research on Google glass causing blindness. They are not a permanent fixture and can be removed based on discomfort outside just as easily as one may set down a textbook that they no longer wish to hold on a hot summer day. As for losing the information when the Google glass are removed many schools, especially colleges, are making a switch to ebooks. When a student closes their computer after reading a text book is that knowledge gone? This seems to me like it may be a more convenient Eco-friendly way to learn.
sanne6699

Con

sanne6699 forfeited this round.
mlibb

Pro

In conclusion, to deny students access to google glass is to deny them an opportunity to reach there potential. This technology may not be the best fit for all student but for those that prefer it for learning it should be allowed.