james1014
sara_ann_dee

Students should wear school uniforms.

sara_ann_dee

james1014

Pro

I did some research on Patch.com and 50% of kids get bullied because of their clothes. Students want to wear what they want but it's only for a few hours and it's not going to kill you. Various People around the world kill themselves because of bullying. I know parents rather have their kids not where what they want for less causes of bullying. Students crying every day and night and we will put a stop to it if we have school uniforms.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Citations: http://patch.com...
sara_ann_dee

Con

What percentage of kids who do not wear uniforms kill themselves because of bullying about their clothes? Please back up your claim with clear evidence. If kids are being bullied because of what they are wearing - then they have several options before taking their lives: 1. telling a counselor or adult 2. switching outfits 3. defending themselves. Just because someone insults someone's outfit does not mean that they are going to kill themselves - and if that is the case then please prove it to me. The school systems right now in our country are an option - you can either go to private or public school. Under ammendment 1 of the constitution - every citizen in the united states has the freedom of speech, press, and religion. What clothes we wear is considered to be freedom of speech since we are expressing whom we are. If we make all schools provide their students with uniforms - then we are taking away the student's rights of freedom of speech, violating ammendment one of our constitution. Making this action highly unconstitutional. We should leave it at a choice for a parent to decide for their kid to go to a school where they wear a uniform or not because then freedom is still in everyone's hands and they can choose if they want to wear a uniform or not. Making kids wear a uniform will not decrease the amound of suicide in our youth - it is a much more complex issue then that.
james1014

Pro

Not all every day kids would do those 3 options. They would be to nervous to tell because they think the bully would make fun of them even more. Also 30% of students kill themselves because of bullies. You can see for your self on Bullying and suicide statistics. Do you know over a 160,000 kids don't go to school because of bullying. I think peoples feelings are more important then what to where I mean that is common sense to chose peoples emotions.
sara_ann_dee

Con

You need to cite your evidence because I feel as if you are making these statistics up - please provide links and citations. What someone wears will not change if they are going to kill themselves or not - that is an obsurd reasoning. It may help to not wear a spacific outfit to block out the bullies - but bullying is a more complex issue, as I stated before, then just someone's wardrobe. And bullying does not really have to do with uniforms at all - if a student is being bullied because of their clothing in a public school, then they can just move to a private school with uniforms as a requirement. More uniforms = more money needed to buy them? Where is the board of education going to find the money to pay for these uniforms? Who will manufacture and make them? There are much more problems associated with your claim then you think.
Posted by james1014 1 year ago
james1014
yes it's true I gave the website name
Posted by jprice19 1 year ago
jprice19
"Also 30% of students kill themselves because of bullies"

Really?
Posted by james1014 1 year ago
james1014
uniforms save money I forgot to write look it up every single sight will say it saves money and i rest my case James.
Vote Placed by Boesball 1 year ago
Boesball
james1014sara_ann_deeTied
Reasons for voting decision: Con wins because they didn't make up facts. They also handled all pro's arguments effectively while pro didn't take the argument very seriously.
Vote Placed by republicofdhar 1 year ago
republicofdhar
james1014sara_ann_deeTied
Reasons for voting decision: "30% of students kill themselves because of bullying" cracked me up - I think you mean that bullying is responsible for up to 30% of student suicides. The arguments on both sides were not spectacular so I'm leaving this a draw.