"Stupid" is a name

Voting Style: Open Point System: Select Winner
Started: 2/15/2015 Category: Funny

First off I would like to thank my opponent for taking up this debate. It's really a passion of mine, informing the world "Stupid" is, in fact, a name.

INTRODUCTION: is a helpful site that has helped me and told me all sorts of reliable information before (for example, I learned my niece's name, Kayla, means "pure" in Greek--, and using that logic, here is all the proof you need to vote Pro:

If this reliable, well-known site says that "Stupid" is a name, you can't argue.

Best of luck to my opponent! I hope you win!

My argument is that "Stupid" is actually an adjective and NOT a name.

However, it can be used as a name.

As by the definition of stupid, it means,

"not intelligent : having or showing a lack of ability to learn and understand things"

And in English, stupid is not a name by definition. It can be used as a name, however that is irrelevant. It is not even a common used name because I will now criticize my opponent's source. It appears that no one has used the name "Stupid" in the U.S and they have only used it in their website. The name "stupid" has no definition or origin.

Simply put, in English, the word "Stupid" is NOT a name, however can be used as one which is not the case that my opponent is arguing for.
Posted by dandwhit 1 year ago
Also, I would vote for Pro but I can't because I haven't been in 3 debates :P
Posted by dandwhit 1 year ago
Oops, I messed up with the tenses a bit there.
In the first sentence I meant "their" not "your".
Posted by dandwhit 1 year ago
I think anything can be a name however if someone called your child Stupid, I don't think they had their child's best interests in mind when they came to that decision. I think anyone called Stupid would most likely be bullied and some people may consider calling your child "Stupid" as child abuse.
Posted by IWillDebateNow 1 year ago
I think anything can be a name. I've heard that "abcde" is a name pronounced absidee. And yes many names do have alternate meanings in languages such as Greek and Latin. I would have challenged but I don't disagree with you!
Vote Placed by AlwaysRight12345 1 year ago
Who won the debate:Vote Checkmark-
Reasons for voting decision: Really you can name your baby whatever you want. Free country.
Vote Placed by Theunkown 1 year ago
Who won the debate:-Vote Checkmark
Reasons for voting decision: Pro presents a source but makes no arguments. You cant expect readers to use your sources as arguments. Its not a source battle. Imagine if Con said "here is a dictionary which gives a defenition of Con, by this you MUST be convinced that Stupid is not a name." Its silly really, Con also made good arguments.