piefav
Cooldudebro

Subbed anime is better than dubbed anime.

piefav

Pro

This round is for starting the debate. Round 2 will be the first claim and counterclaim
Cooldudebro

Con

I accept your challenge. I will be using examples from my favorite animes. Such may include: Shakugan no Shana, Persona 4 The Animation, Persona 3 The Animation, and more.
piefav

Pro

Subtitled anime is closest to the original, and usually has better translation. As opposed to other companies buying the rights to the anime and subbing it like is done with dubbed anime, the official subtitled versions of the anime are often, if not, always subbed by the original animating company. Plus, when anime is fan subbed, there is little to no chance of mess up. The only thing they can do is do something terrible like put it in Comic Sans. On the other hand, fan dubs are usually hosts of quiet voices using $1 microphones.
Cooldudebro

Con

Cooldudebro forfeited this round.
piefav

Pro

Expand...
Cooldudebro

Con

Cooldudebro forfeited this round.
piefav

Pro

Expand....
Cooldudebro

Con

I would like to thank my opponent for hosting this debate.

Case 1: English translation
Many people, including me, can not speak Japanese, and want to be able to enjoy our anime in English so we can understand it. I'll ask the people this. Would you rather listen to a TV show speak a language you can't understand; or in a language you can understand?

I realize it would be unfair to post more arguments so I'll just refute my opponent's arguments.

Rebuttal:
My opponent's whole argument is that dubs are horrible because they are made by fans and are not like the original. Let me let you judge for yourself.
https://www.youtube.com...

This dub was made by Funimation who officially made Shakugan no Shana. How would you say the quality is?

I'm sorry for the late reply. Illness and homework has plagued me recently. I would appreciate another debate on the topic of anime.
Posted by Cooldudebro 2 years ago
Cooldudebro
Sorry. Way to much homework. I'll try to respond.