MakeDebatingGreatAgain
TheUnexaminedLife

Subjective Morality/Moral Relativism ought to be encoraged over Objective Morality/Moral Realism [2]

MakeDebatingGreatAgain has forfeited round #2.
Voting Style: Open Point System: Select Winner

MakeDebatingGreatAgain

Pro

I will be arguing that subjective morality should be preferred to objective morality, for reasons to be discussed in my arguments. My opponent will argue for moral objectivity/moral realism. (Moral realism falls under moral objectivity.)

Subjective morality/Moral Relativism is defined as: Moral codes and laws can not be true of false from an objective viewpoint, but only from an individuals subjective viewpoint.
https://en.wikipedia.org...

Objective Morality/Moral Realism is defined as: Ethical sentences and laws are objectively true or false, and that they are applied objectively to features independent of subjective opinion.
https://en.wikipedia.org...

Rules for the debate:
No trolling
First round is acceptance ONLY
Do not stray off topic
No adhominen attacks
If you are confused, than please ask for clarification in theacceptance round, BUT DO NOT post an argument the first round.
Please don't accept if you don't have a basic knowledge of ethics and philosophy.

Thank you, and happy debating.
TheUnexaminedLife

Con

I will withhold making my position clear until I see the grounds by which you are establishing your two normative claims: 'that subjective morality should be preferred' and that 'objective morality should not be preferred'. I would only ask for you to elucidate the semantics behind the word 'preferred' here and whether this is an either/or argument, meaning that you can only follow one or the other moral systems at any given time.

And on a formal note, is round two for rebuttals or for opening arguments only? In other words, do you want me to establish the benefits of objective morality or simply act as a polemic against your arguments?
Posted by Repukesaretheworst 1 month ago
Repukesaretheworst
Unrelated to the topic, I just wanted to make sure the retard by "MakeDebatingGreatAgain" knows how much of a worthless, self righteous, willfully ignorant piece of garbage he is. One only needs a quick look at his profile to see just how big of a bitch he really is. It's funny when Reich-wing morons think they're 100% right 100% of the time, especially considering how much they like to deny science when it doesn't directly benefit them in the most insidious way possible. Nothing but pathetic pieces of crap on the Reich.
Posted by canis 7 months ago
canis
Subjects can not be changed by any so called objective morality, (made by subjects)..Subjects can change what we are able/want to call objective...
Posted by MakeDebatingGreatAgain 7 months ago
MakeDebatingGreatAgain
Ok, I will get started on that soon.
Posted by TheUnexaminedLife 7 months ago
TheUnexaminedLife
Yes, thanks for the clarification. I await your opening argument.
MakeDebatingGreatAgain
Only one of the moral systems can be argued for in this debate, and you are arguing that "moral realism ought to be encouraged over subjective morality" I am arguing for the title statement. What I mean by preferred is as stated in the title, as in which should be encouraged (I should have used the same terminology as the title). And as for no arguments in the first round, I meant not to post an argument in the acceptance statement by hiding it within clarification questions. The next round will be opening arguments, and we each establish the benefits of the morality form we are supporting, and we can each act as polemics for each others arguments also. Hopefully this comment clears everything up.