MakeDebatingGreatAgain
JustMasum

Subjective Morality (Moral Relativism) ought to be encoraged over Objective Morality (Moral Realism)

MakeDebatingGreatAgain has forfeited round #2.
Voting Style: Open Point System: Select Winner

MakeDebatingGreatAgain

Pro

I will be arguing that subjective morality should be preferred to objective morality, for reasons to be discussed in my arguments. My opponent will argue for moral objectivity/moral realism. (Moral realism falls under moral objectivity.)

Subjective morality/Moral Relativism is defined as: Moral codes and laws can not be true of false from an objective viewpoint, but only from an individuals subjective viewpoint.
https://en.wikipedia.org...

Objective Morality/Moral Realism is defined as: Ethical sentences and laws are objectively true or false, and that they are applied objectively to features independent of subjective opinion.
https://en.wikipedia.org...

Rules for the debate:
No trolling
First round is acceptance ONLY
Do not stray off topic
No adhominen attacks
If you are confused, than please ask for clarification in the acceptance round, BUT DO NOT post an argument the first round.

Thank you, and happy debating.
JustMasum

Con

What do you mean by acceptance? Sorry this is my first debate and I'm not completely acquainted with the structure of this debate.

I also have a number of questions which i would like to be answered:

- Can religion be used as an argument, if so, would we stray off to whether religion is true or not or can i use it as an example?
- If I do not believe in my position is that fine?
- Can i wish to exit at any point during the argument?

Posted by JustMasum 7 months ago
JustMasum
I'm fine with withdrawing from the argument since I agree with you already.
Posted by MakeDebatingGreatAgain 7 months ago
MakeDebatingGreatAgain
Um... Well this debate is a rather advanced debate, and for a user who has just joined, I wouldn't recommend that you continue with the debate. If you still wish to continue, than that will be fine I guess. You can use religion as an example, but I would rather that you don't try that, as it will lead to a straying off of the topic eminently. If you don't believe in your position, you can still argue for it, but I don't recommend this, as it will likely decrease the quality of your arguments. And if you want to leave the debate, than that's fine (as long as you do it in the next round), but it would be a stalemate, not a draw.