Joshguy77
lopoleaf

Subway is better than Mcdonalds

Started: 2/15/2015 Category: Places-Travel

Joshguy77

Pro

In this debate,I will argue why Subway is better and my opponent will argue why Mcdonalds is better.
lopoleaf

Con

I accept. Thank-you for this interesting debate topic, Pro. I will be arguing that McDonald's is better then Subway because studies have shown in multiple cases that Subway is not, in fact, healthier than McDonald's Big Mac; Subway just claim to be healthier to attract customers to their services instead of McDonald's services. Subway have been competing with McDonald's for years to be the top fast-food restaurant, but with McDonald's in first place and Subway in second this shows that McDonald's is the favoured fast-food restaurant across the world.

http://www.nydailynews.com...
http://www.diet-blog.com...
Joshguy77

Pro

Thank you lopoleaf,as you said their is no difference from Mcdonalds and subway health wise.Before you write your next argument please just take the time to compare these two pages

https://www.subway.com...

http://nutrition.mcdonalds.com...

Another thing to consider, is while they do appeal to children with toys,this causes them to want to go there and this repeated process causes child obesity.Just search up Mcdonalds obesity and you will find pictures of fat people next to Mcdonalds. Search subway obesity and well that's really just not a thing.
lopoleaf

Con

lopoleaf forfeited this round.
Joshguy77

Pro

It's too bad my opponent forfeited this round.I was looking forward to seeing he next point.But anyways,my next point is advertising and how smart they are.Going back to health,at subway they have this little chart saying: Want to reduce calories,Want to reduce fat,or Want to reduce sodium.Then it says want to get and want not to get for each category.So while Mcdonalds may be the same as Subway health wise,at least Subway cares.

Also,their mascot.Subway has Jared.A normal guy who likes a good sandwich.Now Mcdonalds. First Ronald.Early Ronald Mcdonald was super creepy.He was clown with terrifying hair and a CUP nose.What the frick. Then they had his gang,the hairy blob man,the bird pilot,which makes no sense because birds can fly,and the burger thief in a sombrero.Why a sombrero!Not to mention that this guy also promotes burger theft.Then later they got rid of them and just had Ronald.Later they had that one kid and his "farm" animals that got all big and mighty by eating right.Why would a company advertise against themselves.That is idiocy at it's finest.Now they have a happy meal box as their mascot. Seriously.WHO is their incompetent loser in their advertising comity. That's like cheerios making their mascot from a bee to a box because that's what it is sold in.Also they just had to put the creepiest face in the world on them.He looks like he is laughing at you because your are taking another step towards obesity.The saddest part is that some Mcdonalds serve happy meals in bags not boxes.But yet they put pictures of mutant happy meal boxes on happy meal bags. They are pretty much saying "Ha you wanted a happy meal and expected a box.Nope you get a bag.Also we will show you you cant get a box even more by showing you one,but nope no box for you.Now go eat it your greasy burger and fries and leave here extra fat." I can literally imagine the happy meal box saying that.

This is the end of my second argument.I do hope my opponent will not forfeit this round
lopoleaf

Con

lopoleaf forfeited this round.
Joshguy77

Pro

Joshguy77 forfeited this round.
lopoleaf

Con

lopoleaf forfeited this round.