holla1755
Emilrose

Suffering Is Not Necessary

Emilrose has forfeited round #1.

holla1755

Pro

Suffering is not necessary. It is possible that I do not suffer. It is possible that I live a happy, pleasant life with no stress and no worry.

Sometime I suffer more than at some other time. So, there is at least one time at which I least suffer. It's epistemically possible with respect to me that it's logically possible that I do not suffer.

The belief that suffering is not necessary accommodates or is embodied in some people's motivation to achieve something. The advancement of technology, for example, occurs under the belief that by having better, more advanced technology, people suffer less. It may even occur under the belief that by having sufficiently good and sufficiently advanced technology, people do not suffer.
Posted by cakerman 11 months ago
cakerman
what does being a Christian have to do with suffering? This is why no one takes you seriously purushadasa
Posted by Purushadasa 11 months ago
Purushadasa
You are not a Christian.