SirTinyHead
PureLogic

Suicide is selfish

SirTinyHead

Pro

People that commit suicide have people that love them. You are making people sad to end your sadness. If you are depressed you can talk to someone. If someone is being mean to you you can get help. Don't give anyone who loves you misery.
PureLogic

Con

Suicide is not selfish. Not all of people's depression can be talked out, or stopped. If you are cyber-bullied, or seen as an outcast, there is really nothing teachers can do to help. Some people want so desperately to escape that they kill them self. Other people are too overcome by fear or anxiety. Some people have severe depression or anxiety disorders, and it is a lot harder to help them. Suicide is sad for those close to the person, but it is not selfish, because the person never really killed them self. The fear, anxiety, or depression killed the person. Those who say it is selfish have never been as depressed as people who consider suicide.
SirTinyHead

Pro

I have considered suicide. if you feel depressed you have your family. if no one truly loves you then you may commit suicide unselfishly. but everyone has someone to love them. a mother never stops loving you. if she can't help you can move away as a last resort. if you're scared imagine how scared your loved ones wil be when they see you killed yourself.
PureLogic

Con

I had a friend who commited suicide, and i have friends who have considered it. I have never thought of my friends as selfish for it, though. I feel horrible that they got to such a dark place, and i didn't help. This is what most people feel when their family or friend commits suicide. There is no way to measure how bad things get for a person. Some people don't realize that people actually care about them. Some people feel completely unwanted, even if it isn't true.
SirTinyHead

Pro

By now I guess we can agree to disagree. I see your point though I'm not convinced.
PureLogic

Con

I see your points as well, though we will just disagree.
SirTinyHead

Pro

K add this last argument so we don't get emails
PureLogic

Con

ok i'm done
Posted by Andrea39 2 years ago
Andrea39
I understand why you would put it out there like that but please be very careful at the possibility of being insensitive. This is a subject I know a lot about. Things always look one way until you actually have to wear the shoes. I had some pretty strong opinions of it when I was younger when things were more black and white. Experience gives you needed compassion and understanding but you could choose to listen to someone who could give you a more rounded understanding