em34
logicinlife

Summer is better than Winter

Started: 3/28/2016 Category: Funny

em34

Pro

Summer is the better than winter in all aspects. In the winter, you have to travel through treacherous snowbanks, wear many layers of heavy clothing just to feel even a little warm, scrape/sweep your car off, shovel driveways, and hide indoors until the temperatures go close to 0 degrees (which takes many many months)

Travelling through snowbanks is the absolute worst, especially when you get snow in your shoes. Not to mention, it doubles or almost triples your travel time. Having to adjust my driving and go super slow is not enjoyable.

Summer is so much better because you don't have to wear multiple layers of heavy clothing. I love feeling the warm wind in the summer and not having to worry about getting hypothermia or frost bite. Also, multiple layers of heavy clothing makes you feel like a marshmallow and I definitely ain't about that.

Shovelling is such a chore especially when the snow is heavy and its cold out. You have to dress up warm so you don't freeze, but shovelling is such a big workout that you sweat in your heavy clothes and you feel drenched in clothing while simultaneously freezing. The ultimate confliction, if you ask me.

Finally, what the heck is there to do in the snow besides extreme snow sports (which i am not a fan of). In the summer, the activities are endless and enjoyable as the sun is out and the temperatures are warm and you can eat ice cream without freezing on the inside and out.
logicinlife

Con

Hello! I am arguing that neither summer is better than winter nor is winter better than summer, because the topic is dependent on a variety of factors. One of these factors on such a relative topic is location. This should be fun, thanks for hosting Pro.

I will be doing the copy/paste method.

"In the winter, you have to travel through treacherous snowbanks, wear many layers of heavy clothing just to feel even a little warm, scrape/sweep your car off, shovel driveways, and hide indoors until the temperatures go close to 0 degrees (which takes many many months)"

Here I would argue against pro by saying, I have owned a new jacket for the last ten years and have worn it roughly five times. In most cases I wear shorts in the winter along with short sleeve shirts. In south Texas, we don't have issue with snowbanks and we're lucky to get winter weather to 40 degrees. On the other hand, summer is a long span of 100 + degree heat pretty much every single day. Drenched in sweat from the gulf coast humidity. Between the droughts and the one flooding we typically get every two years, I would say summer is completely worse than winter.

But, as I said, my argument is that neither is worse or better because of how relative the opinion when looking at all of the factors.

"Travelling through snowbanks is the absolute worst, especially when you get snow in your shoes. Not to mention, it doubles or almost triples your travel time. Having to adjust my driving and go super slow is not enjoyable."

Having your A/C on full blast and still sweating, which includes sticking to the seats is hardly a walk in the park. In Texas summer you're wishing for some snow in your shoes.

"Summer is so much better because you don't have to wear multiple layers of heavy clothing."

This is true...to a degree. I could use this point to prove winter is better than summer; in winter you can throw on more layers to be dressed appropriately for the weather. In summer? You can only take off so much before you're arrested for public indecency. Not to mention sun burns, hot blacktop when you run outside for something you forgot, etc.

"I love feeling the warm wind in the summer and not having to worry about getting hypothermia or frost bite. Also, multiple layers of heavy clothing makes you feel like a marshmallow and I definitely ain't about that."

We literally have high school kids dying every year from heat stroke in school sports. And animals because people leave them in the cars and they turn into hot dogs. I'm completely fine with being a marshmellow. It is far better than wishing I could rip my skin off so it would stop burning or leaking.

"Shovelling is such a chore especially when the snow is heavy and its cold out. You have to dress up warm so you don't freeze, but shovelling is such a big workout that you sweat in your heavy clothes and you feel drenched in clothing while simultaneously freezing. The ultimate confliction, if you ask me."

Try working in the summer heat to keep your animals alive (chickens, ducks) and your vegtables, and fruits alive. Or if you need to do improvements on your property. Your sweating before you get out of the door and then you're as red as your tomatoes than you're soaking in sweat.

"Finally, what the heck is there to do in the snow besides extreme snow sports (which i am not a fan of). In the summer, the activities are endless and enjoyable as the sun is out and the temperatures are warm and you can eat ice cream without freezing on the inside and out."

Build snowmen, snow ball fights, the sports you menitoned, not die of heat stroke. HA! In most cases you don't want to leave your house in our summers. The best we have are going to the lakes to get some good splashing in here and there only to find your skin peeling off from all of the burns the next day. Skin cancer galore down here. You can't enjoy that ice cream if it melts within a minute of buying it. But of course, we'd rather swim in ice cream rather than eat it. Or snow. We'll take snow.

Hahaha.

-L.I.L
em34

Pro

I recognize that location is a huge factor in determining the "win". I see we're on both ends of the extremes. I experience extreme Canadian winters, and you experience extreme Texas summers.

Summer is a truly enjoyable experience when by the pool or on a beach, but i've discovered there is no where to go that makes winter an enjoyable experience other than staying in my bed. However, the demands of life don't allow for that, further increasing my winter sadness.

I can see how summer would be terrible having to work hard labour jobs the heat, but when possible i avoid that at all costs, totally not worth getting heat stroke for.

And in my location, winter lasts about 8 months and summer lasts for 2 months. SO not fair.
(I really only made this argument because winter feels like it is never going to end and i just can't wait for summer)
logicinlife

Con

"Summer is a truly enjoyable experience when by the pool or on a beach, but i've discovered there is no where to go that makes winter an enjoyable experience other than staying in my bed. However, the demands of life don't allow for that, further increasing my winter sadness."

My family is taking a vaction in the winter....to go get some snow before summer. Literally. That is why we are going in the winter. To get some cold. Play in the snow, ski, snow board. All that. As my life demands forces me to work in the heat of the summer, I believe I win in this respect as you can put on more clothes, while I burn.

"I can see how summer would be terrible having to work hard labour jobs the heat, but when possible i avoid that at all costs, totally not worth getting heat stroke for."

Not jobs, I actually work indoors at a pharmacutial company. I'm taking about work on my property, tending to our animals and crops. We also mow, plant, build, landscape, and all that. You know, things my wife would like me to spiff up.

"And in my location, winter lasts about 8 months and summer lasts for 2 months. SO not fair."

Winter lasts maybe 48 hours here. About 72 if we're lucky. Summer is typically from April to August. For the rest of the year we get a mix of all the seasons each day minus the winter. It'll be 70 degrees in the morning, 100 at noon, and 85 with 40% humidity in the evening.

em34

Pro

Yikes it does not get that humid here.

However, I personally would rather be burning hot as opposed to freezing cold. Nor do I enjoy being a marshmallow with layers. I believe it is much easier to cool off than it is to warm up.

I also do not have the responsibility of owning a property with animals to tend to, so I would not understand what that is like, especially in the heat. I could imagine it is a lot of work and very difficult to do while burning.

Winter lasting 48 hours is a dream to me, along with your high temperatures. However I hope you have a pool or a lake near by to attend to when it gets super hot!
logicinlife

Con

We have lakes. I must end this debate with the following; science has proven over and over again that the summers cause more deaths and extreme heat even leads to more crimes.

"Researchers have long known that heat waves kill more people than other weather-related disasters do. And amid the hottest year on record and a scorching summer in the United States comes new research warning just how deadly heat waves can be." (http://www.livescience.com...)

Thus! Winter is better than Summer. But of course, like this debate has proven, neither are TRULY better than the other when considering all factors.
Posted by the_best_debater12345 7 months ago
the_best_debater12345
Summer is better than winter. I say this because in the summer you can go outside and be free unlike in winter where you are trapped inside because it is too cold to go out. There are also so many more things you can do in the summer like swim, tan, and go for bike rides.
Posted by Argumentative_Squid 8 months ago
Argumentative_Squid
I so want to join this debate. But I like summer and winter. I hate the weather of the seasons though.