nyfan57
Garipa

Summer is the best season of the year.

Garipa

nyfan57

Pro

Summer clearly is the best season. Winter, fall and spring cannot match the summer time. The definition of summertime in this debate is strictly a season, and how we experience the seasons in the North American continent, basically excluding Alaska, Canada and Hawaii for obvious reasons. This debate will be 5 rounds 8000 characters max per round.
Garipa

Con

My opponent states that summer is the best season in the continent of North America, excluding Alaska, Canada, and Hawaii. I presume that my opponent excludes these countries due to the reasoning of being almost pure season the entire year. By this I mean that it is almost either winter or summer all year around.

However, he forgets about the following countries:

The Bahamas
Barbados
Belize
Costa Rica
Cuba
Dominica
Dominican Republic
El Salvador
Greenland (Kalaallit Nunaat)
Grenada
Guatemala
Haiti
Honduras
Jamaica
Mexico
Nicaragua
Panama
Saint Kitts and Nevis
Saint Lucia
Saint Vincent and the Grenadines
Trinidad and Tobago

All of these countries are in the continent of North America. However, they are also almost pure seasons. For example take The Bahamas. It is almost summer the entire year. Also, Greenland is almost always winter.

I say that summer is not the best season due to the fact that this argument will be completely biased for some countries.

http://geography.about.com...
nyfan57

Pro

I am sorry for being deficient in defining the definition of a season for this debate. You are clearly right about North America consisting of The Bahamas
Barbados
Belize
Costa Rica
Cuba
Dominica
Dominican Republic
El Salvador
Greenland (Kalaallit Nunaat)
Grenada
Guatemala
Haiti
Honduras
Jamaica
Mexico
Nicaragua
Panama
Saint Kitts and Nevis
Saint Lucia
Saint Vincent and the Grenadines
Trinidad and Tobago
But the definition of season can be defined in many ways. for an example 1. One of four natural divisions of the year spring, summer, autumn, and winter in temperate zones. The definition of a temperate zone would be an area of latitude between a tropic and polar region. This is what I thought you would concur with when i mentioned Alaska and Hawaii because they do not fall under the definition of a temperate zone. So yes, I agree that these countries are located in north America by definition. Can we agree however that the definition of season is defined as a temperate zone? I would like to get back to the premise of this debate that summer is the best season rather then resulting to fallacies. Do you contemplate my inquiry?
http://www.thefreedictionary.com...- season definition I am sure i can find many more meeting the criteria of temperate zone.
Garipa

Con

So just to get this down, your saying that a season takes place in temperate zones. how ever you want to debate that summer is the best season in North America, excluding Alaska, Canada, and Hawaii. Yet, you forget the fact that besides America, there really is no greater land of temperate zone.

So, what you originally meant was "the best season in America (excluding Alaska and Hawaii) is summer". Why would you assume that America and Canada are the only two countries in North America? If so, your geography knowledge is quiet weak if you forgot the other ~20 countries, yet you want to debate their seasons. What do the seasons have to do with geography? Well, seasons are causes of weather, and weather can effect everything from the food supply of the nation to the landscaping of the country. If you want to debate this topic for developing your research skills, I highly suggest that you do your research before starting the debate.
nyfan57

Pro

nyfan57 forfeited this round.
Garipa

Con

well, this is disappointing.
nyfan57

Pro

nyfan57 forfeited this round.
Garipa

Con

hmm... I see...
nyfan57

Pro

nyfan57 forfeited this round.
Garipa

Con

This was the worst debate ever.
Vote Placed by 16kadams 4 years ago
16kadams
nyfan57GaripaTied
Reasons for voting decision: F