Super Man Vs The Infamous Jesus
Debate Rounds (4)
2.Jesus may have died for your sins, but Superman died to protect us from an intergalactic killing machine called Doomsday.
3.When Jesus died, he was resurrected 3 days later and then abruptly left. Superman died, was in stasis for a while, and emerged with long glorious 90R42;s hair. Unlike Jesus, however, Superman stuck around and has been busy keeping the world safe from evil.
4.Although not a God, Superman still risks his life all the time trying to combat super villains. Jesus, on the other hand, is apparently all powerful, and yet refuses to do something as basic as healing amputees.
5.Superman is an expert in dozens of languages, and is an accomplished journalist. Jesus never left any writings, or evidence of any of his works.
6. Jesus said "But those mine enemies, which would not that I should reign over them, bring hither, and slay them before me" (Luke 19:27). Superman, on the other hand, has a strict code of conduct that forbids him to kill anyone.
7.If you fell out of your apartment window and cried for help, Superman would try and save you. Not only will Jesus not even bother to save you; he will send you to hell for all eternity if you don"t believe in him.
John95 forfeited this round.
THISGUY23 forfeited this round.
Your arguments are mostly invalid. Jesus is God in the flesh; he was never meant to be like Superman. For example, read Revelations.
1. Jesus doesn't use threats; he PROMISED to return and bring a "rein of peace" with him.
3. Jesus and Superman are both very busy; Jesus is probably prepping for the Second Coming; Superman, on the other hand, is doing his own thing.
4. Jesus, according to the entire New Testament, did nothing but be God in the flesh; that is, he was perfect. Superman is mostly human, and is imperfect.
5. The entire New Testament is "evidence" of Jesus's life and work. And remember, Jesus lived mostly in the present territory of Israel.
6. Jesus IS God. And God, as shown in both Old and New Testaments, is "a jealous God." God has shown that he is "just." "Just," in this case, means "to stand by one's values/beliefs/etc." God was bound by his beliefs to rid his "people" of "servants of the Devil."
7. Jesus would actually "save" you, just not in the same way that Superman would.
THISGUY23 forfeited this round.
1 votes has been placed for this debate.
Vote Placed by Sagey 2 years ago
|Agreed with before the debate:||-||-||0 points|
|Agreed with after the debate:||-||-||0 points|
|Who had better conduct:||-||-||1 point|
|Had better spelling and grammar:||-||-||1 point|
|Made more convincing arguments:||-||-||3 points|
|Used the most reliable sources:||-||-||2 points|
|Total points awarded:||3||1|
Reasons for voting decision: Pro was right, Superman could easily kick Jesus into oblivion and further. Superman evidently saved, as we have pictorial evidence in the literature and even movie evidence on television. There is no evidence Jesus did nor could save anybody anywhere. Pro wins on evidence alone. Jesus couldn't survive the crucifixion, Superman could. Though Pro gave away a conduct vote by not returning to the debate as Con did.
You are not eligible to vote on this debate
This debate has been configured to only allow voters who meet the requirements set by the debaters. This debate either has an Elo score requirement or is to be voted on by a select panel of judges.