kingcripple
nleachman

Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars was a great game

kingcripple
Started: 4/30/2014 Category: Games

kingcripple

Pro

Debate topic is Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars was a great game. As always I will leave definitions up to my opp and will let him state his opening argument in the 1st round. I will wait until the 2nd round. I am taking the pro position, while you are taking the con position
nleachman

Con

Mario is an big icon to the Nintendo franchise. Considerably, the most infamous character in video games in the last 50 years. Although, some of his games are quite fun, well when you were a kid, they had their flaws. When the production of
"Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars" came out on March 9, 1996, in Japan. This one had much

As a game developer, I can assure you the developmental sense of the game is dreadful. While games like Sonic 3D Blast, had used pre-rendering, and changed the face of gaming. Legend of the Seven Stars, was based on input, and had quite bad graphics. Although, they did have detailed designs.

It's role-playing which is terrible on it's own. The game involves lot's of user input, instead of user control. Which makes the game far more difficult to play.

Lastly, Legend of the Seven Stars was almost a rip-off for your money, for past games, like final fantasy.
kingcripple

Pro

Thanks for taking the debate

My opponent asserts that the graphics and development of Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars was "dreadful". First and for most calling the graphics/development of a game, any game, is subjective. However I can argue that the graphics of the game were REVOLUTIONARY. I do not recall a game with those graphics before this game came out. As much as I love Super Mario 64 (which was released in America a year after Super Mario RPG), and as much as I love the graphics in that game, they were not as smooth as Super Mario RPG.

My opponent says Super Mario RPG came out in March 9, 1996 and cites Sonic 3D Blast as a better game and changed the face of gaming. While I never played Sonic 3D Blast, it did come out some 8 months after Super Mario RPG, so you cannot really say that Sonic did it first, thus it would not be considered revolutionary.

Calling RPG's terrible is again subjective so this is an empty argument. As is calling it a difficult game to play. One could call it challenging, and it was. However many would say that gaming is dependent on a good challenge.

My opponent then goes off to call it a rip off of final fantasy. but what exactly is a rip off? In this context rip off means to steal from. However Super Mario RPG was developed by Square (now Square Enix) which is also the developer of Final Fantasy. Now, how could you rip off yourself?
nleachman

Con

nleachman forfeited this round.
kingcripple

Pro

My opp forfeited this round
nleachman

Con

nleachman forfeited this round.
kingcripple

Pro

Another forfeit by my opp
nleachman

Con

nleachman forfeited this round.
Posted by kingcripple 3 years ago
kingcripple
debate me anyway? :)
Posted by Kaneo 3 years ago
Kaneo
A great game that made me mad because the only Mario thing about it was the fact you played him. That entire world was not Mario land, it was swords, cloud people, puppets, and pirates. It was to anime also. All the melodrama (or Mallow-drama) was annoying and subtracted from gameplay. Also, the sewers and the pirate ship were to hard, and the guy in the forest was overpowered. Also.... Mallow sucks and is a wimp! But I agree, it was a great game nonetheless.
Vote Placed by lannan13 3 years ago
lannan13
kingcripplenleachmanTied
Reasons for voting decision: Forfeiture
Vote Placed by Wylted 3 years ago
Wylted
kingcripplenleachmanTied
Vote Placed by DeeAnn 3 years ago
DeeAnn
kingcripplenleachmanTied
Reasons for voting decision: Con failed to provide a clear argument and he forfeited.