Superbowl 50: New England Patriots vs. Green Bay Packers

Started: 10/19/2015 Category: Sports

I will be arguing that the two teams that will face off at the 50th anniversary of the Superbowl will be the Green Bay Packers and the New England Patriots

1st round - Acceptance
2nd round - Pro Argues, Con Argues
3rd round - Rebuttal
4th round - Closing arguments

I agree with you with the AFC side of the New England Patriots going to the Super Bowl because they in fact have the best QB in the league. BUT, I do not believe the Packers will reach the Super Bowl. I feel that as the season stretches on, the fact that Jordy Nelson is out for the year will eventually take its toll on the team. I have Randall Cobb and Aaron Rodgers on my fantasy team and the past few weeks they have been slacking in points. Although, they are still winning. I believe that as the season progresses, teams will start to lock down their receivers and then they will rely on their run game which is not their strong point and thus causing them to lose either the first or second round of the playoffs.

Scorchtheblaze forfeited this round.

NotLebronJames forfeited this round.

Thank you con for accepting this debate and I look forward to debating against you.

The New England Patriots undoubtedly have the best offense in the game and one of the top 10 defenses in the league (Broncos probably have the best but that's irrelevant). The Packers, on the other hand, have one of the best offenses in their division as the bears, vikings, and lions have all been doing horrible this year. The Patriots are far more superior to the AFC teams (I am a Broncos fan which kind of makes me sad but I know its the truth) and have been crushing and dominating all teams that they come across.

Divisions -
NFC North - Packers (6-0) Bears (2-4) Vikings (4-2) Lions (1-6)

As we can see, the Packers are the dominant team in their division which basically already confirms that they have a spot in the playoffs. It becomes pretty clear as well that the packers have the potential to beat any team in their division which means that they can win the divisional round and move onto the conference championship where their only real opponent would be the Arizona Cardinals who have a 5-2 record.

AFC East - Patriots (6-0), Jets (4-2), Dolphins (3-3), Bills (3-4)

Obviously, the Patriots are leading their division like they do every year and they have basically secured themselves a spot in the playoffs thanks to the team that they have. The Patriots will win their divisional round and will most likely have to go against the Denver Broncos (6-0) or the Bengals (6-0) for a spot in the Superbowl.

Aaron Rodgers - #2 QB in the NFL, 15 passing touchdowns, 1,491 yards.
Randall Cobb - Primary receiver for Aaron Rodgers, 30 rec, 350 yards, 4 Touchdowns
Eddie Lacy - One of the best running backs in the NFL, 67 carries, 260 yards, 1 touchdown
Sam Shields - One of the best corner backs in the NFL, 25 tackles, 2 interceptions
Josh Sitton - One of the best guards for Aaron Rodgers allowing Rodgers to get more passes in
Clay Matthews - One of the best veteran linebackers in the league at this moment, 25 tackles, 4.5 sacks, 1 interception

Patriots -
Tom Brady - #1 QB in the NFL right now and one of the best of all time, 16 touchdowns. 2,054 yards
Rob Gronkowski - #1 tight end in the NFL, 34 receptions, 533 yards, 6 touchdowns
Malcolm Butler - Super Bowl lifesaver, 30 tackles, 1 interception
Julian Edelman - One of the better wide receivers in the NFL, 45 receptions, 503 yards, 4 touchdowns
LeGarrette Blount - One of the better running backs in the NFL, 52 carries, 246 yards, 4 touchdowns
Jamie Collins - Along with Matthews, one of the best veteran linebackers in the league, 49 tackles, 4.5 sacks, 3 forced fumbles

NotLebronJames forfeited this round.

My opponent has forfeited their round of the argument.

Extend all arguments

NotLebronJames forfeited this round.
Posted by Scorchtheblaze 1 year ago
I am currently out of town right now and I am not able to reach a computer to debate, I will return on Sunday but my opponent may use this forfeit against me
Vote Placed by ColeTrain 11 months ago
Reasons for voting decision: Con's full forfeiture as to Pro's single. Args: Pro gave the only case, still stands.