Teslaj
Sidex

Superheroes

Teslaj has forfeited round #3.

Teslaj

Con

Is batman evil?,
How many people has he killed either in the comics or anything else. His existence just makes more superheroes want to kill him
Sidex

Pro

i is complete arguments requires a complete definition of evil. i would argue that any technical act of selfishness is construed as evil to some degree, but overall can be measured against good to determine the overall judgment of the person in question. However based on the technicality how your question and my definition, if Batman acts selfishly at any moment in his life, then he would be evil in some regard or another thus making him evil. An argument could be countered with, "Then is him being more good makes him not evil?" My answer to that is that if Batman is evil even a little bit, then he shouldn't deny that about himself. If he doesn't deny his evil, then wouldn't he be calling himself evil? If he calls himself evil, then why should i argue differently when he knows himself better than i does? But this is all predicated on an imaginary character so i doesn't really care if i is right or not.
Teslaj

Con

Batman is almost evil, he almost kills people. The definition of evil is profoundly immoral and malevolent batman is at least a littleimoral he just makes more villains want to face him he created the joker for godness sakes.
Sidex

Pro

I don't define evil as killing a person, I define evil as knowing that you are intentionally harming someone to inflate your own ego. Because he is human, he would inherently act on his ego in one way or another. Since he had a mansion and billions of dollars, he inherently decided that he was more worthy of his things than someone else. That creates the choice to either support someone else or support yourself. Any time you choose yourself over someone else, you are saying that you are better than them. We all act with a certain degree of evil because of this fact. To deny that your own selfishness is evil ends up denying wisdom and power. I would even postulate that due to Batman's intelligence, he himself would accept his own evil his heart and try to defy it as much as he possibly can through actions of saving others from such pain. But that's just why I think he's a hero.
Posted by canis 11 months ago
canis
Batman is as evil as it gets..I think he is the devil in person...Or visa versa...But great film(s)..