BigSky
josephd

Superman Vs....

BigSky

Pro

I will prove that superman is the most powerful being in the universe, (the exception being God). My opponent will choose a character he believes could beat the man of steel. We will make comparisons between our characters strengths, abilities, etc. to make a conclusion on who would win in a fight.

1) You cannot choose God.
josephd

Con

I choose that Gandalf the White is better than superman and would win in fight or conflict, or otherwise. I attack my opponent's premise that Superman is the most powerful being in the world and will start off with these main points.

1) Gandalf is the Master of the elements, he could easily summon up kryptonian fire or likewise and attack superman. Not to mention using Superman's flying as an extension of his strength- which is very much so weakened by the fire- He would not be able to fly away due to the drainage of his strength.

2) Gandalf's wisdom will help him conquer, not only is he strong but smart. And using intelligence as an extension of power we can easily see that Gandalf's cunning and experienced fighting style would help him win a fight, and obviously makes him more powerful.

3) We must compare past fights and experiences when determining power, as we can see a Wizard who has destroyed and conquered dragons, orcs, evil wizards, and all the collected forces of darkness and evil. When we compare this to a bald guy with a cape, tights and undies, we can see Gandalf powers.

Now to basically elaborate on my first point:

Gandalf is the master of elements. He can summon fire, smoke, ice, wind, water, etc... to combat superman and transitively prove more effective and powerful than superman. Superman can be easily deceived and injured, not to mention intimidated by these Wizard tactics. I will elaborate on this point fully in later rounds. But as we can obviously see Gandalf is ever so powerful and is a master of nature, not to mention master of fighting and deception.

Now moving on to my second point:
We must compare intelligence as well. Gandalf is a smart man who; Sees the future, Sees things happening elsewhere and knows how to save Middle Earth. When we compare that to a guy who has heat/laser vision and is living in an ice cave. Don't get me wrong, I'm not criticizing his living arrangements, it just seems like a guy with heat vision shouldn't live in an ice house. Not to mention Superman falls for a smart-mouthed reporter, who isn't very smart. Again I will elaborate on this fully in further rounds.

Finally on to my third point:
We must compare past experiences. When we look at Gandalf we see a strong, cunning and experienced wizard who has defeated armys of orcs and goblins not to mention has defeated Dragons and evil wizards like Saruman. When we compare this to Superman all we see is a Bald guy who has a weakness of a simple element; A glowing rock. Like all my other points, this one will also be fully elaborated on in further rounds.

It is for these reasons I think Gandalf the White is more powerful than superman, not to mention I have made 3 comparisons of Gandalf to Superman with Gandalf winning each one. Obviously we can see that Gandalf has better strengths, abilities, etc... than Superman,

It is for all of these reasons I urge you to vote for Gandalf.
BigSky

Pro

Thank you for the response, I am quite a fan of Tolkien's writing and therefore know a fair bit about Mithrandir (Gandalf). Before I make my argument to prove that Superman is the mightier being, I will point out several fallacies in my opponents opening argument.

"Gandalf is the Master of the elements, he could easily
summon up kryptonian fire or likewise and attack superman. Not to mention using
Superman's flying as an extension of his strength- which is very much so
weakened by the fire- He would not be able to fly away due to the drainage of
his strength."

I will first point out Gandalf is not a master of the elements, he was an Istar chosen by the Valor to help defend middle-earth from Sauron and Melkor. His power comes from his wisdom, and also from from his elven ring Narya, which gives him the power to control fire, but this is the only example of him showing elemental ability. His power was not shown in his fighting, but his gift to give courage to those around him. He cannot not bend the elements to make a kryptonian fire, but he could attack superman with a regular fire, which Superman is invulnerable to. Superman's strength comes from the sun, and therefore gives him strength, it doesn't take it away.

"Gandalf's wisdom will help him conquer, not only is he
strong but smart. And using intelligence as an extension of power we can easily
see that Gandalf's cunning and experienced fighting style would help him win a
fight, and obviously makes him more powerful."

I will not deny that Gandalf is more wise than Superman, but until you give an example of how this would help him over-power Superman, I can make no rebuttal.

"We must compare past fights and experiences when determining
power, as we can see a Wizard who has destroyed and conquered dragons, orcs,
evil wizards, and all the collected forces of darkness and evil. When we
compare this to a bald guy with a cape, tights and undies, we can see Gandalf
powers."

Tolkien or his son never wrote an actual account of Gandalf defeating a dragon, nor has he ever fought an evil wizard. He has defeated many orcs and goblins but this does not prove that he could defeat Superman. Unless you would like to debate whether or not Superman couldn't kill an orc. Theoretically, Gandalf didn't destroy the forces of evil, Frodo did, but Gandalf did contribute somewhat. This still does not prove his superiority to Superman. Superman is not bald.

"Gandalf is the master of elements. He can summon fire,

smoke, ice, wind, water, etc... to combat superman and transitively prove more
effective and powerful than superman. Superman can be easily deceived and
injured, not to mention intimidated by these Wizard tactics. I will elaborate
on this point fully in later rounds. But as we can obviously see Gandalf is
ever so powerful and is a master of nature, not to mention master of fighting
and deception."

As I stated above, Gandalf does not control any of these elements aside from fire. Superman's only weakness is the mineral krptonite. How is it obvious that Gandalf is a master of the elements? Never in any of Tolkien's works did he show any more power than fire. Gandalf is not a fighter, he is but a keeper of the peace. Superman's not exactly an idiot either. The comics state he is an 8th level intellect, only a 9th level is higher.

I will entirely skip your second point as I have summed it up in my last sentence.

"We must compare past
experiences. When we look at Gandalf we see a strong, cunning and experienced
wizard who has defeated armys of orcs and goblins not to mention has defeated
Dragons and evil wizards like Saruman. When we compare this to Superman all we
see is a Bald guy who has a weakness of a simple element; A glowing rock. Like
all my other points, this one will also be fully elaborated on in further
rounds. It is for these reasons I think Gandalf the White is more
powerful than superman, not to mention I have made 3 comparisons of Gandalf to
Superman with Gandalf winning each one. Obviously we can see that Gandalf has
better strengths, abilities, etc... than Superman"

Gandalf hasn't defeated a whole army of orcs and goblins, though I find that quite amusing.
He has never defeated a dragon, he has defeated a Balrog but died once in the attempt. He technically didn't defeat Saruman, the Hobbits did (according to the book) when they found him in the Shire. He didn't really die like he did in the movie. You have made three comparisons where Gandalf apparently beat Superman, but I have disported that these are even possible.

I will proceed to prove why Superman would win, and is the most powerful being in the Universe.

Flight

Superman's extraordinary ability to fly immediantly makes him a threat to any opponent, based off Tolkien's writings, Gandalf has no power that can keep Superman from flying, or hurt him once he is in the air.

Strength

Everyone knows Superman is extremely strong, but allow me to elaborate.
According to All-Star Superman he can lift 200 Quintillion tons. That's quite alot of weight.
His house key to his home weighs 500,000 tons. It was made from a neutron star.

Speed

"Faster than a speeding bullet."

Abilities

Heat vision, x-ray vision, freezing breath, invulnerability to fire, bullets, blades, etc.

Superman wouldn't ever actually fight Gandalf because even if they were in the same time period, they would recognize the good in each other.

If they did fight however, this is what would happen: Superman would approach the wizard slowly, taking into account any weaknesses, Gandalf would attempt to do the same. Superman would punch gandalf in the jaw, crushing his scull in the process, then in order to ensure his demise, he would shoot his heat vision at him until gandalf was ashes. Gandalf would die, once again, and ask to return to the earth to defeat Superman. His request granted, he would return to the earth as Gandalf the Pink ( He's running short on cloaks) and attempt to kill Superman. He would draw his sword and attempt to stab Superman. The blade would bend upon touching Superman's chest, and Superman would punt Gandalf to Tatooine.

Thank You for Reading, I await my opponents response.

Vote Pro

josephd

Con

josephd forfeited this round.
BigSky

Pro

My opponent forfeited. Vote Superman!!!!!!!!!!!!
josephd

Con

josephd forfeited this round.
Posted by BigSky 4 years ago
BigSky
This'll be interesting, I'll respond as soon as I can.