Jesus_loves_you
gryephon

Superman is Better Than Batman

gryephon

Jesus_loves_you

Pro

Superman can fly, therefore he can doge everything Batman throws at him. Superman has the power of: super strength and speed, x-ray and heat vision, wind and freeze breath, and super sight and hearing. Batman may be able to outwit Superman, but Superman could easily get out of the pickle.
gryephon

Con

I'll just go ahead and hop right into it.

ARGUMENT I: More Believable than Superman
As a simple character, it is easier to believe Batman would exist over Superman because which sounds more believable? A guy dressed up as a bat who knows karate or a space alien who can shoot lasers out of his eyes and gets allergic to green rocks (I’ve never heard of anyone getting the stomach jives from rocks) So Batman is better in terms of believability.

ARGUMENT II: Batman’s secret identity is way cooler than superman’s.
Let’s face it, Clark Kent is a guy who’s got the boring job as mild mannered journalist… and when he gets out of the daily planet he has to keep rescuing Lois lane (who always gets into trouble). While Bruce Wayne on the other hand is a multi-billion dollar philanthropist playboy who runs the most popular tech industries in the DC universe. If I had to pick which secret identity I wanted I think I’ll go where all the fame, fortune, and wild sexy women are going to, Bruce Wayne.

ARGUMENT III: Batman doesn’t usually leave as big of a mess
Think about it, superman often leaves collateral damage in the wake that probably costs thousands of dollars to repair then flies off and smiles for the camera. Obviously putting taxpayers dollars to work for cleanup (JERK! I wanna sue!) Actually, in the most recent film Man of Steel, the estimate of damage was about 2 trillion dollars’ worth, and an estament of 129,000 people dead [1].

Batman on the other hand is less likely to cause that much damage. He's more clean and cool.

ARGUMENT IV: Batman is a better Tactician
It’s factual, Batman has already shown that he can beat superman multiple times in Hollywood. In the dark knight returns batman beats superman [2]. Also as established in justice league doom[3] batman could beat superman in addition the entire justice league because the contingency plans that were stolen were designed by him. He often proves to superman that brains are better than brawns.

ARGUMENT V: Batman has a much larger fan base then superman
while superman is widely known; batman seems to have a stronger fanbase (more people like him more). You often hear people quoting "I’m batman" also there's a funny meme that kind of illustrates my point a little http://weknowmemes.com....

Rebuttals: To rebut the arguments you raised earlier.

Superman can fly, yes, but batman has the batwing. As to dodging anything Batman throws at him, I know that’s not true because batman has beaten superman as established in argument 4. Keep in mind that there are a number of ways batman could disable all of superman's powers ranging from magic, classic kryptonite, red sun solar radiation (and a few other trivial methods), so I disagree that superman can get out of all pickles when his weaknesses are exploited.

But anyway, these are reasons why I think batman is better.
--------------

[1] http://www.washingtonpost.com...

[2] http://youtu.be...

[3] http://en.wikipedia.org...

[4] http://weknowmemes.com...

Jesus_loves_you

Pro

Jesus_loves_you forfeited this round.
gryephon

Con

Extend my arguments.
Jesus_loves_you

Pro

Jesus_loves_you forfeited this round.
gryephon

Con

I think the winner is obvious, since pro forfeited all his rounds. And thanks for taking the time to read, I know some of my posts can be lengthy sometimes.
Posted by gryephon 2 years ago
gryephon
Haha, no problem. =)

It happens.
Posted by Jesus_loves_you 2 years ago
Jesus_loves_you
I really shouldn't start debates, I don't get on enough...
Vote Placed by PiercedPanda 2 years ago
PiercedPanda
Jesus_loves_yougryephonTied
Reasons for voting decision: ff
Vote Placed by dtaylor971 2 years ago
dtaylor971
Jesus_loves_yougryephonTied
Reasons for voting decision: Obvious voting standards here. Con wins conduct and arguments for forfeiture. Spelling and grammar goes to con because of obvious mistakes by pro, whereas there were none by con. Last, con used four sources and pro used none, so a full 7 point win for con.