Superman is far better then Batman

First round is for accept.

I accept! Batman is better by far!

Alright I"ll begin by talking about housing.

Fortress of Solitude V. Bat Cave: For starters in terms of a base the bat cave is far inferior to the fortress of solitude. For starters the fortress of solitude was created after Superman defeated Lex Luthor and received a crystal from a Kryptonian battle ship, after the victory superman cast it into the arctic, thus forming the fortress. The fortress serves as a repository of all Kryptonian knowledge, and has the ability to control solar eclipses, time, and even space itself, the fortress is the single most powerful object in the universe.

*Super Strength
*Super Speed
*Super Breath
*X"Ray Vision
*Super Hearing
*Accelerated Healing
*Heat Vision
*Mental Powers (learning languages quickly)
*Ice Breath
*Super Hypnotism (apparently to hypnotize himself into not having powers, and keep his identity secret)
*Super Ventriloquism
*Microscopic Vision
*Telescopic vision
*Energy Absorbing (yellow sun)
Although Batman does not have any 'superpowers', he has elevated himself to near superhuman status through years of rigorous training. Through these years of training, he has obtained peak human strength, agility and skills in acrobatics. On some occasions, Batman has been known to be able to perform humanly impossible feats such as punching through brick walls or kicking down trees. He is a master of 127 different forms of martial arts, thus making him a very unpredictable opponent to his enemies. Batman was also trained as a League of Shadow ninja assassin, becoming a master of stealth, and escape artistry, thus having the effect as being "invisible." Through years of deep study, he has become one of the world's greatest scientists, criminologists, tacticians and detectives and a master of disguise as well.

Batman: For some reason Batman has chosen to spend all his time chasing a deranged clown and fighting Penguins to bother with real threats.

Lex Luthor: Lex Luthor is one of the most dangerously intelligent men on the planet- a super-villain, a brilliant scientist, a billionaire industrialist, and Superman's greatest enemy. This combination makes him an extremely powerful and formidable opponent; he is ruthless, efficient and creative. In addition to his personal vendetta against the man who thwarts his every scheme, he despises the alien Man of Steel from an ideological standpoint for contradicting his human achievements. He has always been a controversial figure in the public eye due to LexCorp's corrupt business dealings, but he has also maintained political popularity. He has been a member of the Injustice Gang, the Injustice League, the Secret Six, the Secret Society of Super-Villains and Project 7734.
I thank my opponent for this debate, vote for me! :D

Batman is better than Superman for five main reasons:

1. He is more relatable.

2. He sacrifices himself for others again and again.

3. Superman renounced his US citizenship!

4. His one rule.

5. Because he's Batman!

Let's start with number one.

Batman is more relatable to the average Joe. He is not a bullet-proof alien from another planet who can defy gravity. He has had tough times in his life just like you and me. His parents die, he has problems with women, and his friendships constantly are changing status. Yes, I understand that he is a millionare-playboy, but still. He's human.

Batman has sacrificed so much for others. No matter what, he has the sacrificed his money, his friends, his relationships, heck, he got his back broken! He always has the safety of Gothan in mind and will sacrifice anything to keep it safe.

Enough said.

4th. Superman kills. Heat ray, freeze-breath, strength that can lift building? Odds are he will kill people, often. Batman is much more moral than Superman and never kills. he sacrifices a lot to keep this rule.

5. He's Batman. See the video. 'Nuff said.

I'm disappointed that my opponent never refuted any of my arguments, but eh that's life. :(
1. "He's more relatable."
If you find a guy who cant show his face and creeps around at night relatable the that's your problem, atleast Superman is social enough to show his face. And Superman lost his parents also except they died in a nuclear explosion when krypton was destroyed. He also has lady problems, example Lois Lane.
2. "He Sacrifices himself for others again and again."
So does superman, every time he stops Lex Luther he is sacrificing himself because we all know that Lex Luthor is the only one who posses kryptonite on earth. And Superman also protects the whole world, he overall does more good then Batman will do in his life.
3. "Superman renounced his US citizen ship!"
Well considering Superman lives in the arctic i'm surprised he was ever a US citizen.
4. "His one rule."
I don't know what comics you grew up reading but superman has the same moral code, and if he does harm an innocent human he will use the fortress of solitude to reverse time and redo his mistakes.
5. "Because he's Batman!"
Irrelevant. conceded.

Sorry for the weak argument i'm wicked tired...:(

I'll admit that Superman has some cool powers, but he is still not better than Batman. Someone being better doesn't necessarily mean what their abilities are, but who they are.

Batman is just better than Superman on the inside. After all, it isn't what you are on the inside, but what you do than defines you.

Back to my contentions:

1. More relatable

Let's compare Superman and Batman:

Bullet-proof alien from another solar system that can defy gravity and hold buildings in his left hand.

Human with cool gadgets and money.

Batman is certainly more relatable, he's human.

2. Sacrifice.

Superman is invincible. Batman is human, when Superman sacrifices himself, he will usually live. Batman can die much easier, making his sacrifices more.

3. Superman renounces citizenship!

Superman is a traitor to his own country. He was all for "truth, justice, and the American way" until it got hard and he just checked out like a wimp. Traitor!

4. Batman's one rule.

Superman's powers are meant to kill. Laser vision. Freezing breath. Strength to crush rocks. Superman kills pretty much everyone he touches. Even with his smallest punch, he could probably shatter skulls. Batman just cripples his opponents but lets them live. Tough to do. See video.

5. Because he's Batman.

See second video.

Alright once again my opponent has failed to refute my points from the first round, i'm willing to over look it.
1. More Relatable

Okay simply being human does not make him more relatable, say you have a cannibal but he's human, but you have an alien who has all the emotions and thoughts as a human. But under your definition the cannibal is more relatable just because he's human. Simply being human does not make you more relatable.
So now lets compare the two:

Superman: Sure he has super powers, but at least he isn't worried about people knowing his secret identity, and lets not forget he doesn't creep around at night and attack random clowns.

Batman: Billionaire playboy who creeps around in the dark, sure he wont kill people but really whats more human? Beating someone to near death, and crippling them for the rest of their life, or just ending it there, personally i'd rather be killed on the stop rather then endure the pain.

2. Sacrifice

I'd like to note that pro said "he will usually live" you see while superman really is powerless, like batman superman relies on his suit for most of his power. I'd like to note the move Superman I in which superman is just a mortal human. He only has his super powers when he has the super suit on. and you contest me by saying "he's immune to bullets" batman is to his suit allows him to withstand a missile strike, where as without his suit superman would be blown to bits.

3. Citizenship:

In your picture he says "It's not enough" because he's ready to handle the global scale, unlike batman who is to much of a wimp to even leave Gothem. Besides the dude live in the ARCTIC

4. Batmans one rule.

Okay it took me a while but I found him breaking his rule.

I prove my point Batman is a danger to the world he kills without even thinking. like a machine.

5. Because he's batman

Do you even read my arguments? I already conceded this point because all it proves is that batmans a pompous loser.

I've been at the NC Senate Page program and am going to Prom tonight so I don't have much time to write, but here it goes.

Let me point out that Pro has the Burden of Proof. Yet he stopped giving his own contentions and has pretty much just decided to attack my contentions. This means that he has failed in the BoP. After all, I don't have it.

Second, Relatability:

Batman is human. Not a cannibal, so my opponent's rebuttal is invalid.

Superman is an alien that can be affected by rocks. One rock can make him gay! (Supergirl #79) Also, his entire planet frickin' blew up. Can't relate there. Again, he is a bulletproof alien from another planet who can defy gravity.

In the comics, Superman gets his power from the sun. There is a lot of controversy there, but in both the new Superman movie (which is much more awesome looking, hence truer) and the comics, Superman gets his powers from the sun. This makes him a lot more invincible.

So... Superman doesn't want to be a US citizen, but then becomes a "UN citizen"... right. A UN citizen... technically making him a citizen of countries such as Iran, China, and Cambodia, where human rights abuses happen daily. So Superman would rather be connected to Communist, totalitarian states than the US... And this makes him better?

Batman's One Rule:

Really... CollegeHumor? Really? Anyways... if you look at the beginning of the video, it clearly states that this guy is "Badman," not Batman. Hence, this video is invalid as evidence.

He's Batman:

He's Batman! 'Nuff said.

Let me again say that my opponent failed in the Burden of Proof. Keep that in mind when voting.

Posted by Shazam 3 years ago
I'll never understand how Batman is more relatable than Superman. Because Batman is human......, So? Superman is much deeper character than a bullet proof alien. Superman is akin to a immigrant trying to find his place in a foreign land. But a rich kid who decides to dress up as a bat and beat the ever living crap out of criminals is easier to relate to? Riiiight.
Posted by Gaurdian_Rock 3 years ago
And was that an attack on me? China, North Korea, USSR, Vietnam, and Cuba have never been communist and never will be, they are totalitarian. Don't attack me on communism.
Posted by Gaurdian_Rock 3 years ago
Ummm, the title of the Video is "Batman VS. Penguin... And I made arguments your the one who skipped me.
Posted by justin.graves 3 years ago
I did not mean to "blow you off." I apologize for any misconception.
Posted by Gaurdian_Rock 3 years ago
then I would have liked to have been told that, instead of being blown off.
Posted by justin.graves 3 years ago
Exactly, danielawesome! I did not overlook my opponent's first round, I simply thought it fairly irrelevant to how much better Superman was compared to the Bat.
Posted by Gaurdian_Rock 3 years ago
So disappointed my opponent completely overlooked round one...
Posted by danielawesome12 3 years ago
Superman is better in combat, but Batman movies and comic books are better.
Posted by Ragnar 3 years ago
Please define terms in the first round. Otherwise semantics of "he has ice breath, and is thus COOLER" may prevail.
Vote Placed by Ragnar 3 years ago
Reasons for voting decision: This is too subjective without round 1 stating in what area the measurement would take place. I personally favor Batman on grounds of him having to had work for what he's got (except money), whereas superman is just born that muscular and has probably never felt pain.
Vote Placed by Magic8000 3 years ago
Reasons for voting decision: Countering GreeMatthew's VB
Vote Placed by Greematthew 3 years ago
Reasons for voting decision: Pro made tons of great points that con did not refute in any way. Con's arguments were weak and short.