TheDebateBehemoth
Spark221

Superman is stronger than Goku.

TheDebateBehemoth

Pro

To whoever that accepts, I would like to that Superman is way stronger than Goku. State all your reasons, and I will them wrong in round 2.
Spark221

Con

Due to the slight ambiguity of the question, I am going to argue as 'who would win in a fight' and I'm going to base my argument on Goku and Superman only and not their friend's, allies, objects or motives.

In the early days of Superman a lot of his powers weren't there, they were later invented to make him seem more impressive as well as fitting as a quick way of getting out of a situation (flight for example). In the Dragonball Series if it is not clear on the rules and limitations of powers it is hinted or alluded to. After post-crises Superman, writers re-evaluated his power and powers and stuck to them. They have been like that ever since.
My point here is that Superman, in his current state, is known as the 'strongest being in the universe'. This is a fair statement but he can never improve himself now, in a legitimately believable way.
Meanwhile Goku through intense and dedicated training is already the universes greatest defender. Whole races attempt to damage the Earth and/or those he cares about and fail. This is down to Goku already being the world"s single mightiest warrior through training and experience. On top of this through sheer concentration and willpower Goku is constantly breaking through boundaries and bettering himself. A regular move for Goku is the spirit bomb; he gathers energy from the world and uses it as an immense force to destroy his foe. Very few have survived this attack from him. He has not only become a Super Saiyen when so very few achieved this he has reached Super Saiyen levels 2, 3 and 4. If this is not enough he can use the fusion technique. He can combine himself with another powerful warrior to (for a short time) become a single overpowering being.

Superman possesses incredible speed that could outrun pretty much anyone. On the other hand if Goku's speed is said to surpass millionths of a second. Not only this but if he is in a hurry he uses instant transmition (which is basically teleportation). He can occupy any space in the universe, use instant transmition, and literally occupy another space of his choice in no time at all.

Superman obtains his powers from the sun, without this he would simply be just like any other human. As it is, if he is anywhere near green kryptonite it renders him immediately and completely incapacited. Superman not only has to worry about green kryptonite but also has to be concerned about other forms that have negative effects on him. Depending on the colour of the kryptonite (which I may add is broken parts of his OWN planet) Superman can lose his inhibitions and become violently bipolar or lose his powers permanently.
Goku's powers are his own, he doesn't need anything to have or keep them and so has no such limitations. Granted at the beginning Goku was born with a tail that caused him extreme pain if pulled however, he had his tail removed that weakness is obviously eliminated.

It's common knowledge that Goku learns from experience, meaning if Superman does happen to have the upper hand, Goku's tactically superior mind and higher level of combat experience would soon give him the upper hand.

So, I think it's clear that Goku would win in any competion between these (or any) pair.
TheDebateBehemoth

Pro

TheDebateBehemoth forfeited this round.
Spark221

Con

As I previously mentioned, in a fight between Goku and Superman, Goku would surely triumph.
My opponent has not replied in the previous round, I shall recap on my previous points.

Goku has immense strength, often parrying and defeating his enemies despite being severely injured.
He can run at speeds of a millionths of a second in comparison to Superman's thousandths of a second.
While Superman is an immense opponent, he is as good as he is going to get. Goku is constantly bettering himself through hard work, a series of fighting styles and raising his Super Saiyen level.
Goku's powers cannot be taken away or lessened while Superman relies heavily on the sun and absents of Kryptonite, Goku no longer has a fatal physical weakness.

In addition to this (for the sake of presenting a new argument), I would like to add that if Goku happened to get into more than he could handle, there is no shortage of those who would step in to help him (Gohan, Picollo, Vegeta etc.) As well as this, in the very extreme and highly unlikely case of Goku dying (for circumstantial reasons and little to do with the fight) he would soon be brought back to life with the Dragon Balls.

Please respond to this post as I would enjoy this debate
TheDebateBehemoth

Pro

Contrary to your belief, Superman is in fact stronger. His strength, speed, and endurance far surpasses Goku's. If you use the "gravity formula", "snake way formula", and "Dr. Gero's bomb formula", it will show that Goku's stats are FAR below superman's stats. I've posted a video that covers their stats more in depth. And furthermore, it's 99.999% impossible for Goku to determine Superman's weakness, which is kryptonite and red sun. And if goku DID find out about superman using the sun, he would misinterpret how superman uses the sun. The video I posted also covers that in depth. So after you watch that video, it'll be impossible for you to argue that Goku is stronger.
Spark221

Con

Firstly, I am very impressed with the in-depth analysis of these two hero's it is good for looking at their pros and cons, however it cannot be taken too seriously as the fight was a somewhat vague simulation of certain circumstances.

Furthermore, in rebuttal of your previous statement, there is no evidence to your claim of Goku's impossibility to determine or misinterpret Superman's weaknesses. Goku proves time and time again his resourceful intuition and strategic cleverness. One example of such is in his fight against Frieza. He easily notices early on that Frieza cannot sense his opponent, Goku uses this to his advantage tactically which ultimately leads to Frieza's downfall. There should be absolutely no doubt whatsoever that Goku would analyse his opponent and find a weakness. It might take some time considering it is Superman he's up against but he will definitely find it and a lot easier than most I might add)

At the end of the day (as I have previously mentioned) Superman's power is defined by his distance to the sun. Goku's by his intense training concentration and will. In addition to this (as your video has shown) Goku himself can draw power from the sun. This, combined with the instant transmition to give Goku the time and space he could need in the fight ensures his superiority over Superman.

Also on a side note, as it states in the video, there is no real way to determine the real extent of Goku's or Superman's power, and trying to is a futile attempt.
TheDebateBehemoth

Pro

TheDebateBehemoth forfeited this round.
Spark221

Con

I have declared my previous arguments and submitted my few rebuttals.
Nothing new has been added and so I have nothing else to say.
TheDebateBehemoth

Pro

TheDebateBehemoth forfeited this round.
Spark221

Con

Spark221 forfeited this round.
Posted by Spark221 4 years ago
Spark221
Seriously
Posted by Spark221 4 years ago
Spark221
I would love to get into this debate with you to prove to you how wrong you are but I cant accept. It says I dont match your age/criteria, what does that mean.
Posted by Maikuru 4 years ago
Maikuru
I have never heard of this topic before.
Posted by TheDebateBehemoth 4 years ago
TheDebateBehemoth
Accept this debate and I will completely destroy your point.
Posted by Connoisseur 4 years ago
Connoisseur
Considering that unlike superman, Goku is literally invincible even to red sun and kryptonite your argument will fail from the start.