Superman is the most powerful superhero in comics overall
Debate Rounds (5)
I cant wait to see your response:
Ok so in order to determine if superman is the most powerful superhero spread over all comics we must look to a certain criteria:
Super man while powerful is unable to coexist with Irradiated pieces of krypton, When in its presence, ANYONE can beat him up.
Applied Abilities: Super man a ton of abilities HOWEVER, his lack of intelligence disallows their use most circumstances, people are in danger, superman faces them head on rather then using his enhanced sight and laser vision to eliminate threats. Its Cannon that superman kills criminals to protect innocents, but superman is unable to actually protecting people without endangering them.
He gets a 4/10
Silver Surfer: 10/10
Superman is not nearly the most powerful, his moral compass hinders his ability to cleverly outsmart enemies and thus he is not the most powerful super hero.
debater14 forfeited this round.
Ok, so I was in Chicago and couldn't get to the argument in time, Let's get on with it.
1. You proved my point exactly.
2. I don't see how speaking on Superman's moral compass is going to make him the most powerful in comics, I mean if anything wouldn't that just make him weaker against opponents because he wouldn't go all out on account he might seriously hurt or kill them?
3. I can't wait for your response explaining how, I'm intrigued.
Glad to see u didnt abandon:
1) Ok so this is where I play in the argumentation, In round 1, I show that other heros are powerful However they are not guaranteed heros, let me show you:
2) Supermans moral compass doesnt eliminate his ability to protect, in the new reboot he kills a child version of brainiac to save the world:
This means that Superman is the Most Powerful Super Individual who will always remain a hero, he doesnt bend to threats.
Thus Superman is the most powerful super hero.
3) Im glad your intriuged, I challange you to show me
Here I thought you had a valid argument.
1. You played with my words really trying to use the word superhero and mess with it when I originally just put that in their because that's what they are called.
2. No matter the casualties Aquaman is still a superhero because with war and battle their will be casualties, he fights for the greater good though and this makes him a superhero, he now can stand toe to toe with superman.
3. Even if we go your way, Superman can be taken over to, like you said with the Hulk. Superman is vulnerable to magic and red kryptonite turns him evil. This makes him just as much a risk.
4. About the part with the boy Braniac in Gods and Monsters, which I haven't seen yet, from what I understand this is an alternate universe Justice League that uses more brut force. Who knows if our Superman would have killed the boy Braniac or tried to help him. And this would just be a risk of Braniac killing more people.
- YOUR TURN -
1) Its important to differentiate the two, Deadpool while powerful, is not driven by a positive moral coumpass.
2) Aquaman destroying all human civilization because he is manipulated is not heroic, Aquaman is manipulated and loses his hand because his mobility is below that of supermans.
3) Red Kryptonite is not Cannon to the DC universe, its origins are in smallvile. This means in the actual DC universe, Superman will never encounter this kryptonite. Even if he did, It doesnt make him lose his abilities, and simply distancing himself from the material eliminates its effects, so this ficticious material would be less then temporary, thus not effecting his moral coumpass.
However in the comics this material isnt something that manipulates superman, it is something that removes his abilities for a short period of time, this means his moral compass is strait on.
4) If you watch this video, which is cannon, you will see braniac as a boy being killed by superman for the better good. His moral coumpass is not hindered.
Superman is essentaily a god who is morally sound, there is no other individual who has a moral compass that is as good as supermans.
You still have yet to show how any other hero matches the same moral compass as superman, and thus is more powerful.
Oh my god this is ridiculous , you have went off the track of the debate, GET OFF THE MORAL COMPASS ALREADY. I originally stated that Superman is not the most powerful Superhero in comics and movies, and could be beaten by others. Now your gonna tell me since Superman has the best moral compass that means no others are superheroes, that's ridiculous. Because if you look and anyone else does , that's all you have been trying to say. Is that no other can be qualified as a superhero because they don't have a pure moral compass and as strong a one as Superman. So you say therefore Superman is the strongest SUPERHERO their is, because you don't think no one else qualifies as a superhero, thats so ridiculous though, a moral compass is not the only thing that defines a superhero. Besides other beings have a moral compass to, so to argue about how strong Superman's is to try and prove a invaild point is petty, good luck in round 5 , you'll need it.
ahh its good to back at my desk:
Superman is the most powerful super being who will always be a super hero:
We know that superman is one of the most powerful characters in comics, however my opponent hasn't provided anyone who is more powerful then him, The examples I Provided are not heros and thus cause catastrophe for no reason, not following a moral compass as stringent as superman, intern showing they are not heros.
Once again the ability for red kryptonite to manipulate superman is not from the comics, it is from smallville, and the resolution states comics. Even in movies we don't see this red kryptonite manipulating superman, its only in a non cannon tv show.
In the comics red Kryptonite simply neutralizes superman's powers, this means his moral compass doesn't fluctuate in the comics.
No individual more powerful then him has been shown to always stick to their moral compass like superman:
As stated in previous rounds Superman always sticks to his moral compass, this means that superman will always be considered a superhero, while others, as stated above, fluctuate making them more super villains then superheros because of their destructive tendencies.
Why you vote Pro:
You vote Pro because Pro is the only person to provide you with examples of alternate individuals then shown how these individuals are not necessarily guaranteed to be superheros. Because they are not guaranteed to be superheros we cannot weight them as such. This means that superman is the most powerful superhero in comics overall. My opponent provides no rebuttal.
1 votes has been placed for this debate.
Vote Placed by sakskidz 1 year ago
|Agreed with before the debate:||-||-||0 points|
|Agreed with after the debate:||-||-||0 points|
|Who had better conduct:||-||-||1 point|
|Had better spelling and grammar:||-||-||1 point|
|Made more convincing arguments:||-||-||3 points|
|Used the most reliable sources:||-||-||2 points|
|Total points awarded:||0||7|
You are not eligible to vote on this debate
This debate has been configured to only allow voters who meet the requirements set by the debaters. This debate either has an Elo score requirement or is to be voted on by a select panel of judges.