Greedyg25
medv4380

Superman vs Goku: superman winner

medv4380

Greedyg25

Pro

now im a huge dragonball fan and honestly never really got into to superman but it is clear that goku would not be able to beat superman without the greatest amount of luck i mean superman is the ultimate super hero for a reason his only weakness is a green rock that isent really all that accessible to most people, and you could argue that if they were to battle at night it would favor goku but even during the night i dont think goku could beat superman i mean goku has the destructive power to destroy a planet and perhaps even the sun but doing so would kill himself sooner than it would kill superman as goku can not breath in the vacuum of space whereas superman even without the sun should have enough charge in him to both survive the explosion and breath long enough to be named the winner
medv4380

Con

I'll just ask a few questions for my first round.

1) Which Superman are you arguing for? Your option aren't limited to which one, but Goku's only going to fight one. The most common options are Golden Age, Silver age, All-Star Superman, Bronze Age, Modern Age, Modern Age New 52, Superboy Prime, Red Sun, Injustice, and any others that you can think of. You must choose because each one has their own collection of strengths, and weaknesses when fighting someone like Goku.

2) Who has this Superman killed, and why did he kill them? For example, Injustice killed Shazam just for opposing him, and the Modern Age killed Alternate reality General Zod because he killed everyone on the Earth in his little pocket dimension.

3) What is the morals of this Superman? For example, the Modern Age Superman refused to kill the Elites even after they killed a large number of people because that Superman does not kill unless it is absolutely necessary as in the case of Zod.

4) Did this Superman fight Doomsday in The Death of Superman? It is entirely possible that all of them fought Doomsday in the same way since the DC Multiverse supports divergent timelines that remerge at a future point. If not, why not? Otherwise I have no reason to assume that the fight would occur any differently had a different Superman encountered it the way Modern Age did in The Death of Superman.

5) What fighting styles does Superman know, and how does he fight?

6) How smart is Superman?

7) Does the Laws of Physics apply? For example, Newton's formula for gravitational force g = Gm/r^2, or Einstein's e=mC^2? If not, why not? If you don't have a good reason I will argue that they do if you compare any raw speed, or weight formulas since those would only work if the Laws of Physics somehow applied.

8) Which version of Goku is he fighting? Manga, Anime, Anime English Dubbed, or DBZ Abridged.
Greedyg25

Pro

Greedyg25 forfeited this round.
medv4380

Con

I've waited as long as I can. I'll just do a small piece of the argument I have, and maybe my opponent will return.

P1) Ultimate hero Superman avoids killing.[Superman vs The Elites]
P2) In a rare situation Superman killed an alternate reality Zod because Zod had killed every human on the planet. [Superman Volume 2 Issue 22 October 1988]
P3) Goku avoids killing if at all possible so that he may fight his opponent again. [Freeza Saga, Saiyan Saga]
P4) Goku helped kill his brother only because his brother had made it clear he would destroy the Earth. [Raditz Saga]
P5) Goku would not kill enough people to be considered a danger like Zod.
P6) Hero Superman would never threaten the Earth.
C) Any fight between Goku and Superman would not result in the deliberate death of the other.
Greedyg25

Pro

Greedyg25 forfeited this round.
medv4380

Con

Argument 2
P1) Doomsday fought Superman [The Death of Superman]
P2) Doomsday adapts to whatever kills him.
P3) Superman could never defeat Doomsday again in combat.
C) Superman's powers can be meet, and exceeded though adaptation.

Argument 3
P1) All saiyans have an ability to adapt to whatever nearly kills them called Zenkai.[https://www.youtube.com...]
P2) Goku is a Saiyan.
P3) Round 2, Argument 1, Superman will not deliberately kill Goku.
P4) Zenkai is similar to Doomsday's ability to adapt from Argument 2.
C) If Goku is not as strong as Superman he will become stronger than Superman though Zenkai.
Greedyg25

Pro

Greedyg25 forfeited this round.
medv4380

Con

I'm attempted to drag this out as long as I can.

It should be clear where I'm heading with this, but just in case my opponent returns in the last second I'll give him one last chance to refute any part of my argument.
Greedyg25

Pro

Greedyg25 forfeited this round.
medv4380

Con

I'll leave this short since my opponent hasn't responded.

Based on the canon for an actual good Superman his victory against Goku is anything but certain.

Goku's power to adapt to whatever almost kills him is close to Doomsday's power to adapt to whatever kills him. We know that Doomsday was able to eventually meet Superman's power level, and then exceed it though a series of fights. We also know that due to the personalities of good Supermen, and Goku that a deliberate fight to the death is unlikely. Thus, the one weakness Goku has, death, wouldn't be exploited.

If we assume that Goku is weaker than Superman then view a series of nearly fatal rounds in a fight Goku eventually surpasses Superman.

Unfortunately for Superman, Goku is all the aspects of Doomsday, and Superman combined. With the exception that Goku can die. As long as Goku isn't a villain worthy of Superman killing him Goku will win.

This would not apply to evil Superman, but since this argument is about the Ultimate Hero Superman: Evil Superman Need Not Apply.
Posted by JJAY55D 3 years ago
JJAY55D
medv4380 you are a really good debator with a lot of valuable information I hope your future debates would turn out better than your others. You are a good person. :)
Posted by medv4380 3 years ago
medv4380
@JJAY55D It wouldn't matter actually. The only catch is which Superman, and maybe which Goku.

I'm about to give up on this debate actually becoming a debate. I'll give it till tomorrow at this time, but I have doubts since my opponent hasn't even logged in 4 days.

@Anyone who runs across this debate in the near future I'm open for any of these
Superman in the Screwattack Death Battle is not any of the Supermen they used as Sources
Goku vs Modern Age 1986 - 2011 Superman
Goku vs Superboy Prime
Goku vs Any Superman (Most Victories Wins) - You'll need to know a lot for this one. It is ill advised.
Superman MA(86 - 11) is an idiot savant

Or any other that someone can come up with. Though I probably wouldn't debate Goku vs Superman Prime 1,000,000 since that's just silly.
Posted by JJAY55D 3 years ago
JJAY55D
Oh I ment to ask should the battle be in deep space or a rouge planet without a moon or a sun because if I remember correctly GT goku was a kid and still had a tail giving him advantage if there was a full moon and would give superman an advantage if there was a sun so I believe that it should be at a place without those things to make a fair playing ground but that's just my opinion.
Posted by medv4380 3 years ago
medv4380
np, a lot of people make the mistake of thinking that pre-crisis was the strongest absurd superman. Superman has a lot of inconsistencies mostly due to multiple authors. Which is why I asked my opponent which one first. I suspect most of the people who are arguing for Superman aren't actual Superman comic fans, and have this vague idea that he's just one person.

This is the second time on this debate topic that my opponent start to forfeit. I hope this is just a poor timing issue so I'll wait a bit to give Greedyg25 time to come back. After that I'll just bounce the rounds back to him until he returns.
Posted by JJAY55D 3 years ago
JJAY55D
My bad I was going by the information of my cousin he knows more superman stuff than I do my mistake
Thank you for your correction. :)
Posted by medv4380 3 years ago
medv4380
There are several more fundamental reasons why Goku would win in a fight with Superman. It doesn't even require a whole lot of math. However, it requires knowing which Superman Goku is up against. Superboy Prime would appear to be the fun one. Winning wouldn't even require anything that would blow up the universe.

And for your knowledge @JJAY55D the Pre-Crisis Superman is actually Bronze Age(70's), and in the same power category as Modern Age give or take a few powers. Bronze Age had the main advantage of a lack of Kryptonite. Silver Age (60's) is the over-powered Superman and is why Kirby knocked him down a couple of pegs.
Posted by JJAY55D 3 years ago
JJAY55D
Hey guys if you could look at this website
http://www.screwattack.com...

It will clear things up a lot im not gonna tell you everything I've been researching but if you pre crisis Goku it would not be fair but if its goku in his new form (God Mode) It's not really a competition
You see when goku was at namik vegita said his power was obviously over 9000 but his most current power level is now 16,000,000 and god multiplies his power by 5,000 if you put that in a calculator it would be 8000000000 that is enough power to cause a demensional rip just by shouting it also multiplies his stats by 5,000 so speed, power, Kamehameha, and an over powed ridiculous Dragon fist that make a tear through space and time. If he did that with a kioken with God mode well lets just we'll need another universe. Goku would win.

just "SAYIN" :P
Posted by Greedyg25 3 years ago
Greedyg25
ok here it is, though i may refference pre-crisis supes the bulk of may argument will be using the post 86 superman as this when i feel his powers became sensible enough to put him in a fight with goku
Posted by medv4380 3 years ago
medv4380
Actually Earth Prime Superman powers are still ridiculous. That's why he was put in a bubble universe in 86. There is no sense in pretending you're not using pre-crisis if you're going to include Superman Prime. He was brought back in with Realty Punching powers, and all, in Infinite Crisis. I don't mind if you use him, but presenting it as not using pre-crisis when he is pre-crisis would be dishonest.
Posted by Greedyg25 3 years ago
Greedyg25
im using post 86 superman as his powers are less.. well... ridiculous. pre 86 stories but only the post 86 version of them as there a modified for the modern superman
Vote Placed by bladerunner060 3 years ago
bladerunner060
Greedyg25medv4380Tied
Reasons for voting decision: It's unfortunate that Pro decided to waste Con's time. Arguments for the unrebutted case, and conduct for the forfeits.