d-baiter
JimShady

Superman will beat Batman.

JimShady

d-baiter

Pro

He stopped a bullet for God's sake. Who the heck is Batman??
JimShady

Con

It's only a one round debate, so I think the Pro might be in a bit of a bind here.

First, I'll address Pro's arguments, however small they are.

"He stopped a bullet for God's sake." Yes, bullets have been known to bounce off of him. He is the "Man of Steel". However, bullets have also been known to bounce off of Batman. In the Tim Burton "Batman" film, the Joker shoots a revolver at Bruce Wayne (Batman), but it bounces off of a metal tray he had hid in his shirt as armor. In "The Dark Knight", Batman is shot by Two-Face, but his body armor once again spares him from any permanent damage. I will admit that he won't take a bullet to the face and survive, but he is still capable of stopping bullets, like Superman. Plus, Superman doesn't use guns, so it doesn't matter anyway.

Pro says: "Who the heck is Batman??" Nobody knows. We do know that he is definitely NOT Bruce Wayne, eccentric billionaire.

As for my arguments, I will refer to a movie that actually pits these two against each other, Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice. Batman engages Superman in a battle to the death in this movie. Obviously, Superman in his normal state far outmatches Batman, as he can fly faster than the speed of sound, is incapable of being damaged, and has laser eyes and freeze breath. This is why Batman utilizes a Krypton grenade launcher to weaken Superman. Krypton is the one thing that can kill Superman, and Batman shoots it right at him. He then proceeds to viciously beat the Man of Steel like he is beating the Man of Butter, and eventually he bests him and stands over him with a Krypton spear. Of course if you watched the movie, you would know that he doesn't kill him, but he is capable of doing so.

However, killing Superman is not even necessary. The debate is titled Superman will beat Batman, and I have cited a DC canon movie in which Batman officially beats Superman.

The debate is already over, now I hope I get some elo.
Posted by Mharman 11 months ago
Mharman
Yup, you got it. Thanks!
Posted by JimShady 11 months ago
JimShady
OK fixed it and p.s. good job
Posted by Mharman 11 months ago
Mharman
No just go back to it and refill the circles in, except this time in my column, then press "Cast My Vote."
Posted by JimShady 11 months ago
JimShady
Wait how do I fix it, just report the vote?
Posted by JimShady 11 months ago
JimShady
My bad, I will
Posted by Mharman 11 months ago
Mharman
You said that I won in your RFD, but you gave him all of the points. You need to fix that, please. I assume that that was a mistake.

http://www.debate.org...
Posted by JimShady 11 months ago
JimShady
That vote's gonna be gone by tomorrow... sigh... the admins are too tough on this site.
Vote Placed by Mharman 11 months ago
Mharman
d-baiterJimShadyTied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro had one short argument w/out backing it up, while con rebutted that argument and came up w/ some of his own arguments, with even a DC comix issue in which Batman beats Superman.
Vote Placed by 9spaceking 11 months ago
9spaceking
d-baiterJimShadyTied
Reasons for voting decision: noob snipe but con wins