MRAAJ
Maryam_mosawy

Superstitions: Plausible?

Maryam_mosawy has forfeited round #2.
Updated: 3 weeks ago Status: Debating Period

MRAAJ

Pro

I say yes, to an extent, because everyone has their Superstitions from sportsmen to your grandma. I understand some are outrageous, but i do have a few, eg don't walk under signposts, similar to ladders. I did research on that, its basically a stigma because it represents the holy trinity. Now even though I'm not Christian, i still avoid it. Anyway enough rambling, I'm looking for an opponent who can challenge the notion of Superstitions.
Maryam_mosawy

Con

Superstitions can rule your life if you keep believing in them, and you might begin to make decisions based on these superstitions, which is not a good way to live your life. Once a person starts to constantly believe in them, it will lead to unnecessary anxiety and panic attacks. Picking up a lucky penny or a horseshoe may brighten someone's day but who said that it will actually bring you good luck for the rest of the day? It's complete nonsense. Walking under a ladder or breaking a mirror, will cause one to become worried and anxious, thinking that they have are suffering from bad luck, but really they're just making themselves feel like bad luck when they're not. There isn't any scientific evidence that superstitions are real, they're inconvenient and just a waste of time. People need to understand what is behind all these superstitions, it may have made sense back in the old times, like for example in ancient times, people said that spilling salt on the floor was bad luck simply because slat was so rare and costly.
MRAAJ

Pro

You have good points, can't refute it. Sort of made this debate out of mistake, meant to be a forum.
Posted by missmedic 3 weeks ago
missmedic
Every one know that it is bad luck to believe in superstitions.
Posted by MRAAJ 3 weeks ago
MRAAJ
More of an opinion type debate, as impossible to prove or disprove.
Posted by MRAAJ 3 weeks ago
MRAAJ
As in does believing in superstitions have an effect on an outcome, eg will walking under a ladder bring bad luck, again I don't believe in all of them, just a few.
Posted by KostasT.1526 3 weeks ago
KostasT.1526
What do you mean by, are superstitions plausible? As the Pro, do you claim that it is possible that superstitions are true or that superstitions are true?