Teash
Itsallovernow

Supporting Space Exploration

Reasons for your voting decision - Required
Started: 5/14/2011 Category: Technology

Teash

Pro

This is my first debate and I'd like to see where it goes. 3 Rounds, I'm Pro, your Con, I'm passionate about astronomy and outer space.

With all respect, good luck.

Through the early twentieth century there were devestating wars using mainly the technology created at the end of the nineteenth century. At the end of two massive scale wars humanity discovered the realms of where our future technology will take us eg. "atomic bomb". At this point the objective of a majority of the worlds most developed nations was to peacekeep and create inspiration for future generations. After WW2 an entire generation got to witness man walk on the moon rather then experience a bloody war. This is what makes space exploration amazing, to capture the eyes of the whole world while mankind changes the limits of our potential. This is good for future generations, it makes us realize what all our hard work can become, what it all adds up to.

Yes space exploration is for the inspiration of the future generations and the ones who inherit the dreams of tomorrow.
Itsallovernow

Con

Thank you for this debate.

My opponent gave us an inspirational dialog of the amazing advances in technology, leading to equipment to make reaching space possible. However, my opponent has only provided one valid point in support in space exploration.

"space exploration is for the inspiration of the future generations and the ones who inherit the dreams of tomorrow."

This is a fallacy. My opponent can not logically say that space exploration is the only inspiration for those who inherit the dreams of tomorrow. As a matter of fact, not everyone has "dreams of tomorrow". Some are content to live day-to-day lives.

In negation of the resolution I will simply say that it is not appropriate with our national deficit and recession to have luxurious expedentures of space travel. If the inspiration of the youth is sufficent for providing a "better tomorrow", then we should work on our educational system. Inspiration doesn't last as long as an education, and education is what builds tomorrow.

Teash

Pro

As the list of advances in technology continue, I would like to express my regards for the future inventions that will bring inspiration to the world. Not only did the assassination of President J F Kennedy and the fatal car crash of Princess Diana bring the same media attention of 9/11 but also did the moon landing's beggining in 1969. Not only was the moon landing's an inspirational event but it was also a hopeful event as the Soviet-Russian Communist's lauchened the Sputnik in 1957. Not only did the United States, representing democracy, succeed in defeating communist succession but it also paved a way towards greatness in mankind. Soon enough the world realized it was not a space race between nations, yet a globalized effort to succeed in future scientific engagments to irradicate peace and sublety.

Without the past efforts in the "Space Race", the world would have never yet to known what such a colossal international space endeavour would lead up to. The International Space Station is the greatest creation by man to date. Not only does it represent a global effort to work together through differences but it also represents a future goal to sustain peace and subtlety through growing irrational international concerns and hostility in an ever increasing world population. Without goals for the future the nations have nothing more then work to catch up on our future events. A better tomorrow means a wakeful day without global catastrophe.
Itsallovernow

Con

Itsallovernow forfeited this round.
Teash

Pro

Teash forfeited this round.
Itsallovernow

Con

Itsallovernow forfeited this round.
Posted by Teash 5 years ago
Teash
I get along with gay people, no offense. I really like lesbians.
Posted by Itsallovernow 5 years ago
Itsallovernow
ty :)
Posted by Teash 5 years ago
Teash
I love this topic I'm very excited to see what you will bring to the table.
Posted by Teash 5 years ago
Teash
no rush its alot of research
Posted by Itsallovernow 5 years ago
Itsallovernow
U set the time, not me. I'd respond faster to 24 hours
Posted by Teash 5 years ago
Teash
Is this gonna pick up any time soon?
Vote Placed by Ron-Paul 4 years ago
Ron-Paul
TeashItsallovernowTied
Reasons for voting decision: Better arguments, fewer FFs by pro.