gr33k_fr33k5
1stLordofTheVenerability

Surviving a zombie apocalypse (part 2)

gr33k_fr33k5

Pro

sorry about all the mix up to both 1stlord and anyone reading, my life has been rather hectic with Christmas comming up. Needless to say I've missed my deadline and 1st Lord was kind enough to allow the debate to continue in a new argument.

Thanks and sorry. .. . hope the ed is worth it all and remember. . .. forgive and forget, vote pro
1stLordofTheVenerability

Con

Thanks for continuing GR.

Seeing that we have two rounds to debate, I will expound upon the events of the night after the zombie apocalypse. The night in which I and other survivors are prepared to survive. In the next round, I will negate my opponent's arguments as less likely or effective as my own.

~

We know that zombies are 1. Inexplicably fearful of fire and bright lights. 2. Zombies are killed by UV Rays (which may explain the bright lights phobia) and 3. If the cerebellum is destroyed/crippled, zombies cannot move or be coordinated.

Now with full stomachs. the last preparation that we make is to construct a small wooden breastworks situated directly behind the trenches.

All right, so we remain with half a drum of oil and the time ticks to 7:00.

The last plan before darkness is to take a segment or two of Mr. Crowley's rail fence and to place it over top of the oil line.

Once darkness falls, Joe tosses a lit match onto the oil line, which spans with width of the narrow sand bar. The entire thing lights with a whoosh of flames, catching the dry wooden rails and launching into a veritable wall.

Then, Mr. Crowley ('Easy Ed'), focuses the intense beam of light that emanates from the bulb upon the top of the lighthouse. He aims it beyond our fire wall, lighting up the entire area before and beyond.

Each of us arms ourselves with a sharp knife from the kitchen. I pick out a Pulaski axe, Joe utilizes a steel bar, Easy Ed picks out a regular double-headed axe and his wife settles with a switchblade, claiming that she confiscated her grandson's, since they are illegal.

Of course, each of us does not wish to have to use these close range weapons, but we leave them at hand, leaning them close at hand to our positions.

I take the M16A2 Assault rifle and every clip of ammunition that we hauled along, and stack it behind my breastworks fortification. I am going to shoot at the necks and heads of every zombie that braves the flames. Obviously, there won't be very many, as zombies are afraid of fire and capable of being disintegrated by such intense fire as our fire wall provides.

Those that do, somehow, pass my hail of 'inviting' bullets and the impenetrable flame wall will then fall straight into the four foot deep trench that we had previously dug behind the oil strip. The trench is two feet wide, so it is unlikely that a 'dumb' zombie would manage to conjure up the idea to jump it (or manage to successfully do so).

Once the zombies fall into the trench, I will stop shooting and Mr. Crowley will run up to the trench from beside me and riddle the zombies' heads full of buckshot with his Remington pump action shotgun.

Any that somehow pass this will be met by Joe with his flamethrower (and not quite to our breastworks) - which means instant incineration of the zombies.

To make things even better for our side, every fifteen minutes Mrs. Crowley will fire one grenade at the fire wall with the M203 Grenade Launcher.

This means that the zombies haven't even managed to approach within five feet of our fortified breastworks.

If they do, we have riddled the area with pits and holes covered by the nets. Zombies will fall aplenty to these holes, if they even get past the first bit of defense.

With half a drum of oil, we can slosh a cupful of oil onto the fire line if ever it wavers.

The night will be long, and this can only be the initial plan (five or six hours). After this, one person will sleep for an hour at a time, in which the other three will keep watch and fight, if necessary.

We have double-headed, close range weapons for close-range fighting, but it should not come to that.

We also have access to the two service revolvers, if we require them and their ammunition.

Lastly, we have a lighthouse to retreat to, with a door that can be barricaded. If that somehow was broken through, we could flee out the window with thick rope (used by Mr. Crowley when he fishes) and escape in the fishing trawler. The plan is foolproof and no error can be found. We shall survive.
gr33k_fr33k5

Pro

gr33k_fr33k5 forfeited this round.
1stLordofTheVenerability

Con

I think that it is rather difficult to proceed with negating my opponent's plan (as the last stages haven't been formulated), so I will just congradulate my opponent on an interesting series of debates. Well done.
Vote Placed by Lordknukle 5 years ago
Lordknukle
gr33k_fr33k51stLordofTheVenerabilityTied
Vote Placed by redbrave70 6 years ago
redbrave70
Vote Placed by Koopin 7 years ago
Koopin