bobert_435
JoelChil

Swimming SHOULD be considered a sport

Started: 11/6/2014 Category: Sports

bobert_435

Pro

I feel that swimming should be considered a sport.
JoelChil

Con

Swimming should not be considered a sport. Why not? Because a sport is a activity of physical exertion where you can stop your opponent. In the COMPETITION that swimming is, you can not stop your opponent from beating you. Just like track isn't a sport because you can't stop your opponent. Swimming is a in the category of golf, competitive cheer, track and field. You can't stop the person/people you are going up against. You just have to get a better score or be faster than them, whether it is running or swimming. It isn't sport but it is a competition.
bobert_435

Pro

Dude seriously? Ever heard of Micheal Phelps? Think about how hard he practices and works to be good. Also, think about this. Swimming is harder than all other sports. Why? Because you have to hold your breath while working out. Try doing that and tell me how it goes and if you can do it then I'll believe you its not a sport.
JoelChil

Con

JoelChil forfeited this round.
bobert_435

Pro

bobert_435 forfeited this round.
JoelChil

Con

JoelChil forfeited this round.
Posted by bobert_435 2 years ago
bobert_435
If you guys agree with me, could you please cast a vote?
Posted by FaustianJustice 2 years ago
FaustianJustice
Bob, you might be better served offering that individual a challenge, then.
Posted by bobert_435 2 years ago
bobert_435
yeah I know it's a sport it's just that I saw an argument that someone thought it wasn't a sport and I found that offending so I decided to make a debate about it for someone like him/her to join so I could prove a point that in fact swimming is a sport.
Posted by wampe 2 years ago
wampe
good luck finding a con. as others have posted swimming is a sport, compete with Olympics and everything.
Posted by welliott 2 years ago
welliott
Have you ever heard of the Summer Olympics? Or Michael Phelps? Michael Phelps has been talked about because of his accomplishments in the Olympics. Micheal swam in the Olympics. Do you know why he swam in the Olympics? Because SWIMMING is a sport and he is one of the best swimmers ever
Posted by Reeseroni 2 years ago
Reeseroni
It IS a sport...
Posted by DaPro7822 2 years ago
DaPro7822
It is already a sport! They have it in the Olympics...
Posted by 9spaceking 2 years ago
9spaceking
it is a sport dude