govitz147
burciaga33

Swimming is a sport

Started: 11/3/2015 Category: Sports

govitz147

Pro

Hello, thanks for joining the debate! I believe that swimming is indeed a sport. Many people have told me (A professional swimmer) that my sport is not easy/not a sport. First of all, the argument we have all heard: It's in the olympics. A non-sport wouldn't be in the olympics! And if you look it up, many main sports channels say that it is indeed, a sport. Not only that, but it's one of the hardest. Performing against someone else is all swimmers do. It's called a "swim meet" and at one of these events you swim against many other swimmers of all ages. Doing this requires a huge amount of skill and mental stability and focus. On the website "http://www.mindbodygreen.com...;, they state how swimmers see more sunrises than anyone else. This is true because we are dedicated to our sport and wake up at 4:30 AM. This proves that it is a sport because of the amount of dedication. Thank you, and please explain to me why you don't agree with me!
burciaga33

Con

Swimming is not a sport because it doesn't have a professional teams its just an Olympic sport. and you can only say Michel Phelps is a professional swimmer but he's not he just competed in the Olympics.
govitz147

Pro

My opponent stated that swimming doesn't have professional teams. This is not true. Each country has a different team, for example the professional team for the USA is called USA Swimming. In the UK the team is called the UK Wildcats. My opponent also stated "you can only say Michel Phelps is a professional swimmer but he's not he just competed in the Olympics." When in fact, Michael Phelps is a professional swimmer because he trains everyday to swim. He is an athlete. Take me, Everyday I wake up at 4:30 AM to go swim for 2 hours. After school, I go back at 4:15 and train for another 2 hours. My team is a part of USA Swimming and if someone qualifies in my team, then they move to the olympics.
burciaga33

Con

burciaga33 forfeited this round.
govitz147

Pro

It seems that my opponent has forfeited. Please vote for pro then
burciaga33

Con

burciaga33 forfeited this round.
govitz147

Pro

govitz147 forfeited this round.
burciaga33

Con

burciaga33 forfeited this round.
govitz147

Pro

govitz147 forfeited this round.
burciaga33

Con

burciaga33 forfeited this round.
Posted by 130075 1 year ago
130075
Totally agree. A sport is any activity that involves competition. Swimmers compete against other swimmers to see who is the fastest, making it a sport. I've taken up swimming recently to rehab from an injury and it is, by golly, the hardest sport out there.
Posted by govitz147 1 year ago
govitz147
JernHenrik, Please elaborate on why swimming is gay. It is 1. The hardest sport -- and if you don't believe this, than you try swimming 4,500 to the upper 6,000 yards a day. It requires a huge amount of skill and technique unlike baseball or football or soccer.

2. Just because we wear speedos/jammers, it doesn't mean we are gay. You wear tight pants as well you know. In football, soccer, swimming, etc.
Posted by JernHenrik 1 year ago
JernHenrik
Swimming is gay!