itmember
Koopin

TELANGANA State Formation

Con Tied Pro

itmember

Con

Even if TELANGANA STATE forms, its government collapses within a year and will want to hookup with HYDERABAD REGION & ANDHRA STATE to survive POLITICALLY AND FINANCIALLY

Video comments at:
http://apdebate.pixellar.com...
Koopin

Pro

Thank you for starting this... debate.
My opponent has failed to say exactly where he stands. I am assuming he is against the Telangana State Formation.

My opponent claims that if Telangana State forms its government will want to "hook up" with Hyderabad region & Andhra State to survive politically and financially.

My opponent has made an absolute statement when he said "will."

He has absolutely no solid proof that the government will want to do this, yet he still says they do.

He invites people to read other's video comments. There are two things wrong with that,

1.Comment can be made by anyone. Someone who knows what is happening, and someone who knows nothing on the matter.

2.His link is to an empty domain that says nothing on the matter of The Telangana State Formation.

My opponent's argument is weak and poorly structured.

(1). http://www.telangana.org...
(2). http://www.chompchomp.com...
itmember

Con

Thank you for starting this... debate.
- Thank you for you comments

- Assumed correctly. I am against Telangana State Formation (Off the Record: Sometimes, for selfish reasons, I dream that Telangana State formation can lead to get one of my friends get more political recognition and it might in turn do some personal good for me in future)

My opponent claims that if Telangana State forms its government will want to "hook up" with Hyderabad region & Andhra State to survive politically and financially. My opponent has made an absolute statement when he said "will."
- Other regions have went down this path in India before and formed their own states thinking that being an independent and a separate state can lead them to have more access to:
. funds from the Central government
. decentralized governance leading to prosperity within the region
. priority in employment / benefits for locals
. taking advantage of MULKI
. benefits for local political parties in central /state government
....
But, in the past, smaller states (2 - 3 states) have formed from bigger states in India, mostly due to political reasons.
Solid Proof?
. it is well known now that these smaller states are not in the path of financial freedom and prosperity they expected to have and most of them have succumbed to political bureaucracy
. the beneficiaries of this split are a few political, business & real estate families (..not the common man) and the GDP did not get any better for being a smaller state
. Having a smaller vote bank than before has led to them to have a smaller voice when it came to dealing with Central Government
. Smaller states become more dependent on central funds making the State and Central Government weaker
. Telangana state, if formed, need to depend on Andhra State for Water/Irrigation/fertile lands/... and more dependency of Telangana on those state than the other way around on the natural resources of Telangana like limestone, coal power,..
. Telangana state, if formed, still need to continue depending on Hyderabad which is one of the largest IT service providers in the world with all the major MNCs having offices there
. This political agitation is creating insecurity among some MNCs (local & foreign) and can affect projects that come to Hyderabad region. This will be a big setback for Telangana Region which is primarily counting on forming the 'Telangana state including Hyderabad', which I really do not think is possible, as all Andhra Pradesh State people who have put a lot of sweat and blood into Hyderabad development has business & property all over that region and will not let Hyderabad to be taken over by Telangana Politicians/People.
. It also leads to decrease in Real Estate value
. More State tax
. More expenditure to create/manage new Government and stabilize
. Coalition with other parties, and Hyderabad & Andhra State Regions/States becomes quite important to still maintain a voice and power at the Central Government

- I used the word 'WILL' because, it did happen this way with other smaller states which took this path in the past. However, arguing that 'it wont be that way in the future' has no Solid Proof.

- Hmm...lets see...I don't see myself or most people posting video comments about the pollination methods in a plant found in Iceland. Incidentally, I really don't expect someone without knowing at least a little bit what they are talking about would like to embarrass themselves with a video comment (or..do they?).

- may be the site is down
Koopin

Pro

Thank you for posting your next argument.

There is not much that I need say, so my argument will be brief.

My opponent has so far based his argument off of what has happened in the past.
This is very wrong. It is like saying that since the United States voted Republican last time that there will be a Republican voted next time.

My Opponent has also said,

"However, arguing that 'it wont be that way in the future' has no Solid Proof."

No where in my argument did I say that it won't be. I am not trying to prove that. My argument is that you have no proof that it will be, thereby negating your resolution.

Concerning what I said about comments, my argument still stands on that matter. If there were comments I could post one of me saying why it would not happen.

You should remember to check the websites that you are using as a source. As of this moment you have still failed to provide any real proof.

Even with all the things that you listed, you are still not 100% sure that if Telangana State forms its government will want to hook up with Hyderabad region & Andhra State to survive politically and financially.

You have failed to provide me with any sources. For all I know, the Hyderabad region could not exist. For example, I could make a debate like this,

"Resolved, Fillterian, and The Snosh Empire will start a war with the Belltors if the Belltor villagers continue to dig on Fillterrian property."

I could then list reasons why,

"1. In 1837 The Snosh agreed to The Belltors peace treaty if the Belltors would stay off the Snosh's land.

2. The Fillterians are allies with the Snosh.

3. The Snosh would greatly profit from the Belltors treasures if the Belltors were overthrown.

4. Fillterians have an agreement with the Snosh that they will split what ever land is conquered. (This treaty is similar to the Fillterian's and Sletic's treaty.)
"

I could then give a link that does not work
"If you want to see how everything will play out, here is the site:
http://www.Fillterianswarzone.com....
"

I am not saying that everything you say is a lie, but what I am saying is that you need to provide me with some proof of everything you are saying. Thank you, I look forward to your next argument.

(1). http://dictionary.reference.com...
itmember

Con

- Thank you for the arguments and examples. It seems that my opponent has completely abandoned the debate about why he/she is a Pro ( Sources: 1. http://dictionary.reference.com... 2. http://www.debate.org...) for the topic being debated.

Argument From Above:

My opponent has so far based his argument off of what has happened in the past. This is very wrong. It is like saying that since the United States voted Republican last time that there will be a Republican voted next time.
- My contender's example (..even though i like it ) is quite misleading. A better example would be, what are the chances of a 5' / 100lb guy being drafted to play in NFL in 2010 ?
With no offense, I would agree with most people in saying that it is 0% (...you are free to quote a %, but, I feel that it would still be negligible). I seriously would think that it is a BIG Miracle if it can happen in my lifetime.
- My opponent seems to assume that past actions does not impact future reactions. Looking into the history of United States elections, it is not wrong to assume that "If the United States voted Republican last time & if they did a terrific job at serving thier country & people,and got them out of recession, boost the economy, increase employment, strengthened US$ value, etc, then, there will be a Republican voted next time as well" (..Rarely a fruit may fall far off from the tree..something like, if people's sentiments change on the Republican Party President Elect).

My Opponent has also said,

- My contender has abandoned the rules of this debate. Reminder: Contender has accepted the terms as "Pro"

- So far the Contender has never came up with any information in favor of 'Telangana State Formation' and continues to not do so. Quoting other websites is not necessarily the solution to the debate at hand. The debate is about the events that did not happen yet, but, the statements that have been made are based on past events that already happened in the same scenarios and predictions are being drawn here.

- There is no 100% surety that a person will live the next second of his life, because death can strike any second. But, we still 100% expect that we'll live the next second of the life. So, there are no 100% guarantee for anything. All I am saying is based on the history of states like Chhattisgarh, Jharkhand, Uttarakhand, even 'Telangana State' if formed, will more than than not fall into the rabbit hole.
- Looking into recent India History would reveal that, the breaking up of states did not help. The events I felt will happen are a result of information available online and offline. Here are examples of the kind of events that lead to a decision for more dependency on other states/center for Financial & Political Governance/Stability:
http://www.telegraphindia.com...
http://economictimes.indiatimes.com...
http://www.business-standard.com...

- I wish you do the research as well and provide your comments on why you are "Pro" for the topic being discussed, since your role here is a "debater" as well.
- The burden needs to be shared in a debate by both the contenders. You are not only to challenge, but also need to provide arguments & proof as well per accepted terms of a debate, why you are Pro / In Fovor
http://dictionary.reference.com...

Looking forward ( I hope my Opponent has much to say this time) to your proofs as well.
Koopin

Pro

What I have been arguing the whole time has been that you made an absolute statement.

In your first argument all you said was,

"Even if TELANGANA STATE forms, its government collapses within a year and will want to hookup with HYDERABAD REGION & ANDHRA STATE to survive POLITICALLY AND FINANCIALLY"

That was your opinion; you gave me nothing to debate off of.

It was, and still is, a little hard to understand what your resolution is.

You should have said,

‘The Telangana State Formation is a bad idea.'

Or,

‘If the Telangana State Formation happens, then the government will most likely collapse within a year.'

Realizing that you did not clarify where you stood and what you meant, I had to find something I could debate off of.

I have already said my argument, though I shall say it again.

The point of a debate is to negate the other persons resolution.

So here is your resolution,

"If Telangana State forms, its government collapses within a year and …WILL… want to hookup with Hyderabad Region & Andhra State to survive politically and financially."

You made an absolute statement. That means you know 100% that the government will collapse within a year and join the Hyderabad region & Andhra State.

You do not know for sure that this will happen, there are so many things that could happen that would prevent this.
You, being a human, can not know everything there is to know in the world.

Your resolution has already been negated.

(1). http://dictionary.reference.com...
itmember

Con

Thank you for clarifications.

At this point, I invite my Opponent to submit statements/dialog about the topic being debated rather than the meaning of word "will" and its absoluteness
Koopin

Pro

My opponent has, forfeited his round and is trying to start another topic. If he would like to debate if the Telgana state formation is a good idea, I encourage him to start a new debate clarifying this.

Thank you for this debate.
itmember

Con

itmember forfeited this round.
Koopin

Pro

My opponent must have seen his mistake. He has given up. enjoy some music.
Posted by Koopin 7 years ago
Koopin
I should have looked at how many rounds there were before I took this.
Posted by Koopin 7 years ago
Koopin
uggg...Two more rounds of this.
Posted by Puck 7 years ago
Puck
Also, your link is dud.
Posted by Puck 7 years ago
Puck
Eh, the situation is not so different from East Timor before independence, though India seems more pacifistic than Indonesia. While it may not be largely economically successful, one doesn't need a strong economy per se to maintain statehood.
Vote Placed by lliwill 7 years ago
lliwill
itmemberKoopinTied
Vote Placed by ExplodingNoob 7 years ago
ExplodingNoob
itmemberKoopinTied
Vote Placed by Koopin 7 years ago
Koopin
itmemberKoopinTied