TheMolestacher
InVinoVeritas

THB Abortion is ok.

TheMolestacher

TheMolestacher

Pro

I will be the proposition and will set the movement:
The mechanism
This house believes that the abortion of fetuses before the 12th week is moral and should be legal.
I know that it is legal. I would love it if somebody who knew what they were talking about would take the case of the opposition.

The rounds will be
:Round 1 = Prop mechanism and op opening
Round 2 = prop main arguments and op rebuttal
Round 3 = Extension on any points previously made
Round 4 = summary speech
InVinoVeritas

Con

Your Youtube videos are extremely strange and unentertaining.

Your move.
TheMolestacher

Pro

The mechanism

The rounds will be
Round 4 = summary speech

Ok round 2, my main argument (PS screw you, my youtube videos are amazing, I hate you! I hate you! aaaaaaaaaaahuhuhu!:( Sorry, sorry about that, I just, I just really love my youtube videos.) Anyway, some arguments!

Sentience
Right, so this is the main argument the proposition will be using. Up until the 12th week of pregnancy, the fetus remains and non-sentient (not alive or conscious) extension of the mother. The fetus is not alive up until this point and as such there is no wrong in removing it from the mother. If the mother wants this extra bit of flesh removed from her body, fine. Let her. It is a woman's right to have control over her pregnancy. 9 times out of 10 the reason a woman will go through with the abortion procedure for 1 of 2 reasons.
1 the woman did not get pregnant on purpose and does not wish or is not ready to bring up a child.

2, there is serious medical conditions with the baby which will make it's life a worse thing than not having that life to begin with.

So a sub-point :

Up bringing.
So what do you think the chances are of the non aborted child having a good life? Well, let's look at the evidence. In 2011 91% of abortions in the UK were carried out before the 13th week of gestation. And 78% before the 10th week. Medical abortions accounted for up to 47% of the total. And 1% were carried out because of fear that the child would be handicapped. ( This means handicapped to the point where they could still live a happy life, not something like downs syndrome.) So looking at these stats do you really think women who get abortions are baby killing monsters, or just women who got pregnant accidentally or who's child would be seriously disabled? The latter? I thought so. So let's think of a woman who did not get a child aborted. She got pregnant accidentally ( because who would abort a child they tried for?) and doesn't have the money or time to bring up a child. What do you think the chances are that the child will be put up for adoption. They are actually 1 in 5000. And with 69000 children in the UK born every year, that is a high chance. If they aren't adopted, how do you think they will live. They will put strain on their mothers for food and money. Ultimately, they will drag the family into debt. I am not saying you should value money over life, but if a woman doesn't think she can bring up a child happily then she probably didn't get pregnant on purpose and should be able to get that child adopted.

Remember the mechanism
I can't stress this enough, we are talking about abortion up to the 12th week of gestation. No later. Do not ignore the mechanism. You are trying to prove that it is immoral and should be illegal.

I'd like to thank you for taking the side of the opposition, and wish you luck in the rounds ensuing.
InVinoVeritas

Con

InVinoVeritas forfeited this round.
TheMolestacher

Pro

I noticed you quit the debate, as I quote "InVinoVeritas forfeited this round."
I will take this to be your way of conceding defeat.
VOTE PROP
InVinoVeritas

Con

The opponent made it twp (2) days between rounds instead of the standard three (3) days. Had I known that there was no third day, I would have not accepted the debate.

TheMolestacher

Pro

TheMolestacher forfeited this round.
InVinoVeritas

Con

Whatever.
Posted by wiploc 4 years ago
wiploc
: THB is this house believes.

Thanks. I was imagining it was a kind of abortion. "THB abortion is ok." :)
Posted by TheMolestacher 4 years ago
TheMolestacher
THB is this house believes.
And I don't think anyone would have an acronym in lower case letters.
Posted by Muted 4 years ago
Muted
No definitions. What if I defined "ok" as an acronym for "only killing"?
Posted by wiploc 4 years ago
wiploc
What is "THB"?
Posted by adontimasu 4 years ago
adontimasu
His profile says male, Rational. :P
Posted by RationalMadman 4 years ago
RationalMadman
I am very pro on the matter, I hope he wins. (or she)
Vote Placed by Muted 4 years ago
Muted
TheMolestacherInVinoVeritasTied
Reasons for voting decision: FF both sides and only Pro made an argument