Juris
Toharu

THBT Mining is advantageous

Juris

Juris

Pro

Round 1 is acceptance.

Toharu

Con

I accept the chalenge.
Let me intriduce my self, my name is Toharu and I from Indonesia
I believe mining is give us alot of disadvantages
Juris

Pro

Introduction

Mining is the process or industry of obtaining coal or other minerals from a mine. (this debate covers all types of mining)

Clarification: I am not here to prove that Mining is environmental friendly because obviously it is not; however, I assert that it gives us a lot of benefits and that as long as there is no alternative to it, it’s very advantageous still.

I will present only one point each round.

Point 1

With mining, we can obtain minerals which in turn are used to support and create the technology that we have. No alternative to mining can be given, as without mining we cannot extract necessary minerals.

Minerals are extremely important to many things. According to The National Mining Association, Gold is used in dentistry and medicine; in jewelry and arts; in medallions and coins; in ingots as a store of value; for scientific and electronic instruments; as an electrolyte in the electroplating industry. Similarly, Lead is used in lead batteries, gasoline additives and tanks, and solders, seals or bearing; used in electrical and electronic applications; TV tubes and glass, construction, communications and protective coatings. Further, Silica is used in manufacture of computer chips. Lastly, Uranium is used in More than 20 percent of America's electricity. It is also used for nuclear medicine, atomic dating, powering nuclear submarines and other uses in the U.S. defense system[1].These are just to name a few minerals that are necessary for many things.

Now tell me, Is there other way we can get the minerals without relying to mining?

Or you want to tell that we should go to ancient time where technologies are not important?

Whichever it is, mining is very essential to everyone and its damage to environment can be minimized.

thank you!

[1] http://www.nma.org...

Toharu

Con

Toharu forfeited this round.
Toharu

Con

Toharu forfeited this round.
Juris

Pro

Can anyone do something about players who forfeit a match?
Toharu

Con

Toharu forfeited this round.
Posted by Juris 3 years ago
Juris
It's up for debaters to do that.. many college use this kind of proposition....

everything is perfectly normal.. well anyway, thanks!
Posted by drafterman 3 years ago
drafterman
I don't think you're going to get any hits on this if you are unwilling to define the terms and goals. You're essentially asking people to commit to a debate before knowing what the debate will be about.
Posted by Juris 3 years ago
Juris
Of course it will be made later during the definition of terms and the parameters of debate.
Posted by drafterman 3 years ago
drafterman
You're going to have to be more speciifc, I think. Mining as in the mining of the Earth's crust for ores and other valuable materials, or mining as in the placement of explosive devices to deny an area to an enemy combatant?
Vote Placed by bsh1 3 years ago
bsh1
JurisToharuTied