Smileybubb27
tronix

THBT ipl should be conducted

Started: 1/26/2013 Category: Sports

Smileybubb27

Con

IPL is full of crap. It has become obvious that it is a money making machine. Cricket is a sport. It always had its spirit and respect in it and now, I doubt, the IPL could spoil it. There is no passion in IPL cricket, commitment is purely because of money. Players started playing extremely well because they want to be bought for a higher price for this September Auction.

In my opinion T20 should not be played at all. It should not be played at international level and in my opinion i think it should be played within the clubs without promoting and enhancing any international players. Should give chances to the local young players.

Many players will not play with their whole strength and if it will not improve then IPL will be a flop and the huge amount of money invested in it will be wasted like anything. Cricket fans will be reduced and many people will not have an interest in cricket and if the players won't play with their full strength then it will surely be a great flop the world will ever see. There will be less gaming and more money in it.

It seems so. If it is not going to improve then surely it will spoil the game. As there is a change in the taste of cricket and cricket among the millionaires, the game is going to be like WWF. There will be less gaming but more of entertainment. We will just get cricketers but not their performances as they did for their country. IPL is all about a bunch of billionaires betting. A lot of disturbance to school students during their exams, lack of power supply due to overuse of electricity in the stadium and a lot of traffic in the roads. So simply IPL makes use of people's ailments. Just for a five hour entertainment we would have to sacrifice our programs and our things and we are wasting a day.
It is not so advisable because it has done more harm to the youth. We have to care first for our being in this world and only then for our entertainment.IPL is only beneficial to the franchise owners and television channels and for the team members as they earn money out of it. Simple..??? I definitely know that cricket is an awesome game to see and play but that’s only till we don’t know their secret is what I feel.

Nowadays the cricket bat is swayed by the power of money and gets all the applauds from big shots and film stars. I wonder where the true game spirit is or is it just about money. It spoils the game spirit and seems so artificial. I am also very sad that other games are in an ignored state and players are so discouraged and disheartened. Instead of this going on… football, basketball and why not our national game hockey not being so popular? IPL was introduced as an entertainment for the viewers, now players have been trying to make as much as money as possible from it. Cricked used to be a gentlemen's game... But T-20 of today is just a vulgar display of money, power and sleaze"...
tronix

Pro

Well, i disagree with you, my friend. Ipl has been and is a great platform for the budding talents of India. The new breed of cricketers get the exposure of highest level which is great for the future of Indian cricket. Ipl is watched by all selectors and ex cricketers and is a great way to identify new talents and improve our bench strength. especially at the present time when Indian cricket is going through crisis. greats like Tendulkar, Dravid, Laxman have retired in the last year or so leaving huge voids in the team. and senior pros like Yuvraj, Harbhajan , Sehwag,Zaheer and Gambhir have been nowhere near their best. and observing the performance of team India in the last year or half, it becomes imperative to breed new talent. other than providing opportunities to young talent, it is also a great learning curve for cricketers.they can interact with international players , learn from them, become true professionals and disciplined like them. in the past, we have seen that players who have played exceptionally well at the ranji level have struggled at the international level. the ranji cricket of India is not up to the mark. but after the origin of Ipl, we have seen players doing well straight away at the highest level because they are already trained and tested in the high intense matches of ipl. players like Yusuf pathan, Ravindra jadeja, etc have been the finds of Ipl. so Ipl should continue and we should be proud that India has the potential, the resources, the ability to organize such a high profile and lavish event...
Smileybubb27

Con

Smileybubb27 forfeited this round.
tronix

Pro

tronix forfeited this round.
Smileybubb27

Con

Okay thank you, And I am sorry I had to forfeit the round 2. But will rebuttal in this round.
Firstly, Ipl might have been a platform for cricketers but note the fact that only "cricketers" play the game, not any ordinary person. You see, they keep playing right, so Ipl's money can be better used for something other purpose if I am not wrong. Well, to prove you wrong, I'd like to say that when they go to these Ipl's they are brought to a new exposure but they meet them during other matches too.

So, instead of just wasting money on these stuffs, poor people can at least be fed better.
Thank you, hoping for a better round.
tronix

Pro

tronix forfeited this round.
Smileybubb27

Con

Smileybubb27 forfeited this round.
tronix

Pro

tronix forfeited this round.
Smileybubb27

Con

Hey opponent? Escaped is it? I haven't got a reply for my round 3 arguments? So do I win?

Okay so, I am hoping for an answer soon.
tronix

Pro

tronix forfeited this round.
Posted by Smileybubb27 1 year ago
Smileybubb27
I am sry all. Just bear with me and come for the next debate I start. Lol xD And 72 hours is a suitable one dude!!
Posted by OhioGary 1 year ago
OhioGary
I agree. If you get this to 3 days, I'll debate you. Change the date and I'll take the debate.
Send me a message when/if you do reduce the voting period to 72 hours because I'm taking this debate off my watch list until we hear back from you.
Posted by Deadlykris 1 year ago
Deadlykris
It's sports, I think 72 hours is a suitable voting period.
Posted by OhioGary 1 year ago
OhioGary
3 months is an improvement over 6 months, but it's still a little long.

We're not debating global crisis issues where everyone needs to be immersed in data for weeks on end, and that it will take 3 months to make a decision... this is a debate about professional sports.

Let's just get the voting done and over with in a timely manner. 1-2 weeks or shorter?
Posted by Smileybubb27 1 year ago
Smileybubb27
yeah will try
Posted by OhioGary 1 year ago
OhioGary
I'm ready to go and would be happy to pitch a wicket regarding a debate about cricket. (That rhymed!)

A 6 month voting period is a little long. Any reason this couldn't be cut down to 2 weeks?
Posted by Smileybubb27 1 year ago
Smileybubb27
xxXChelseaXxx : Hmm.. just join and have fun .. :)
OhioGary : Dude, I am not an american. So, bye!
Posted by Deadlykris 1 year ago
Deadlykris
Fun fact: the terms "soccer" and "football" were interchangeable in England in the sport's infancy. I think non-Americans cling to the term "football" for soccer just to be contrary.
Posted by OhioGary 1 year ago
OhioGary
I'm an American; therefore, I say the following: 1) it's soccer and not football, 2) we'll probably never convert to Metric, 3) I don't understand how the Conservative party of Parliament can back the National Health Service when Conservatives here think Obamacare is socialism... the legacy of Margaret Thatcher is ruined by continuing to provide government paid for heathcare to all citizens, 4) I watch Law & Order: UK and am surprised that the detectives don't have guns in addition to almost all citizens not having guns, 5) it's cool that everyone in British court wears a cape & wig, 6) that they refer to the court judges as "My Lord" or "My Lady." (neato!), and 7) that the title of attorney is split between "barrister" (one who argues in court) and "solicitor" (one who drafts contracts.)

I wish I knew more about cricket, but I just don't.
If you have a debate about any of the other topics mentioned, I'm in! :)
Posted by xxXChelseaXxx 1 year ago
xxXChelseaXxx
I might take this debate if I get some free time and if you don't get a response soon, seeing as you really want to argue this (and playing the Devil's advocate is fun).