qwertys
pryd

THBT same sex marriage is not appropriate

qwertys

Con

I believe that same sex marriage should be held because there are rights of the same sex couples. People now these days argue about "human rights". Allowing people to marry with a same sex is also included in human rights. There are lots of different people around the world who have different characteristics and how they live. Same sex couples are just different not wrong. Also, Barack Obama, the president of United States supported same sex marriage and this means that we should now allow and understand people who want to do same sex marriages. This is why I oppose to this motion.
pryd

Pro

I accept the challenge on the basis that i strongly believe that same sex marriage is inappropriate. Gay rights are human rights i agree, but some human rights such as gay rights are giving people unnecesary freedoms. Please note: we are not debating on whether gay marriages should be made acceptible or should be legalised universally,but on the morality of these marriages. I expect my opponent to comply to the restrictions of the debate. I stand to defend the notion,same sex marriages are inappropriate,unnatural,immoral and by no means the right way to go.
qwertys

Con

qwertys forfeited this round.
pryd

Pro

pryd forfeited this round.
Posted by Ike-Jin-Park 3 years ago
Ike-Jin-Park
I will point it out for you if I do host a debate on that. I honestly think there is not much to say on anti-gay marriage argument.

By the way qwertys, human rights does not mention homosexuals having right to marry each other.

The Article 16 of The Universal Declaration of Human Rights is as follows:

Article 16.

(1) Men and women of full age, without any limitation due to race, nationality or religion, have the right to marry and to found a family. They are entitled to equal rights as to marriage, during marriage and at its dissolution.
(2) Marriage shall be entered into only with the free and full consent of the intending spouses.
(3) The family is the natural and fundamental group unit of society and is entitled to protection by society and the State.

Article 16 deals with marriage and in that, we can see it states "Men and women". Regardless, I am a very strong advocate of gay rights.
Posted by Ragnar 3 years ago
Ragnar
Ike-Jin-Park, that is one of two anti-gay marriage arguments I've heard which is not based on fallacy. The other is based on a form of slavery... Anyway, please point it out to me if you start a debate on that. if it stays as banning marriage I'll for sure accept, ceasing government support of marriage is a whole other ballgame. :)
Posted by Ike-Jin-Park 3 years ago
Ike-Jin-Park
Just to be more clear, I am bascially Pro-ing the topic by saying "Yes, same sex marriage is not appropriate, in fact all marriage should be banned".
Posted by Ike-Jin-Park 3 years ago
Ike-Jin-Park
I am interested in playing hardball in this debate and actually arguing that including homosexuals and hetrerosexuals, marriage should be banned. How do you think?
Posted by Ragnar 3 years ago
Ragnar
THBT means "This House Believes that." Correct?

If so I'd accept this debate, and win it without difficulty. I suggest refining the question, also please knock the reply time down to a single day, or two at the most (in case anyone drops out).