RiieZism
I-am-a-panda

THBT student should learn the third language.

I-am-a-panda

RiieZism

Pro

- Only 2 languages aren't enough!
Everybody know that student have to learn their local language and English in school. But I think only 2 languages aren't enough. Suppose you are Thai ,and you want to find a good materials which are only in India. You have to contact someone but if he can't speak English and also Thai. How do you do? This is a problem that we have to solve it at the root cause from education in school. Student who learns third language E.G. Chinese ,Hindi ,Spanish , Japanese ,or Thai they will get more opportunities in real life!! You can easily find a job if you told the company that you can speak more than 2 or 3 languages. I strongly believe that If student learn third.. maybe forth language, they will gain more advantage.

- The advantages from learning many language!
Education is a social process. Education is growth. Education is, not a preparation for life; education is life itself. I'm very advocate to these opinions. Suppose again, If you want to know about chinese history. Nobody can tell you better than Chinese people or Chinese books. If you don't know chinese, you can't know it clear and sure! I confirm. And another advantage from learning many language is you will understand when foriegn people talking about you! If you don't know their language, they will gossip you and smile to you like they talk in another story. It good for you to know another people mind too!!

I strongly believe that student should learn the third language or more than this. There are many benefits as I have proved to you above! So, I think this debate should fall to Pro side!

Thank you for you guy's attention.
I-am-a-panda

Con

I thank my opponent for this debate.

"- Only 2 languages aren't enough!"

--> This is one hypothetical situation. If someone wants to learn Indian to become a business man there, it's their own business. Education should be tailored to what you think is useful to learn.

Let's also take the same situation.What if you have to get the said materials in Spain? Or China? Or South Korea? The possibilities are endless sand it isn't a valid argument for learning a third language.

Overall, most people won't move country and won't be in the said situation.

"- The advantages from learning many language!"

--> 1) If someone ant s to learn about Chinese history, it should be their own business to learn Chinese to figure out the history. Same with anything that requires a language. Besides, most history has been translated.

2) Any compulsory education should be preparation for life. Anything outside that is personal and should be learned on your own time.

3) Chinese has hieroglyphic like characters, not the English Latin characters you are reading. Languages like Greek and Russian are Cyrillic. The challenge of learning these is great and outweigh a possible advantage

===CON arguments:==

Learning another language is difficult, especially in languages which are not spoken natively. [http://ezinearticles.com...]

I quote the article in that:

"Lack of exposure is your greatest challenge. Attending a class once a week is not enough. You need to be exposed to the language on a daily basis"

If the language learned is not native, it is an uphill challenge to learn it.

Furthermore, what are the educational benefits of learning a language if a student is aiming for a college degree in Philosophy? Or History?
RiieZism

Pro

Thank you for Con's opinion.

But I have 3 rebuttals to make before go on.
- THBT student "should" learn the third language.
I dind't define that student "compulsory" learn. It means you can choose by yourself.
- Efficiency of student isn't their own bussiness.
I think there are no taking care too much about student's ability in another country. But Education in Thailand was covered by Thai government, so this is government responsibility to improve all students. The last treasure is the education. I think it's not bad to learn more; especially in language. I really believe that student can gain more benefits from education!
- Student shouldn't decrease their attempt because what they do is DIFFICULT!!
"Learning another language is difficult, especially in languages which are not spoken natively."
Who told you to learn unspoken language, I didn't tell that student have to learn Egyptian ,Khmer or something which not useful to their live. I just support about third language. And if they learn many language they will alive! Many people know; when you go to travel in foreign country and you can speak that language you will get more experiences. If you don't know verious languages same as you lock the door and live with yourself!

Let's come to my argument.
- Learn more isn't a problem!
Teenager is the most dangerous life span. If parent don't guide them to do good ,They will do what they want and they don't care about social. Students are teenager. They have to grow up to be adult. If they don't have good efficiency; how can they teach their child? So, I think parent should let them know which is good or bad because THEY CAN'T DECIDE WHAT TO DO BY THEMSELVES. It's not their own business. It's parent business to direct their child to be in the line. Education is the way to improve their children and I already elaborate in the first round about many advantages of learning third language!

wo jue de wo bi sai ying jia!

This is a benefit of education!!
I-am-a-panda

Con

I thank Pro for his swift response.

"I dind't define that student "compulsory" learn. It means you can choose by yourself."

--> Right, but learning another language, let alone a third language is hard, and by your definition, a student is a teenager (I'll come back to why this point is null). As you states, as student is a teenager Yet:

1) Student who aren't in University (High school) are training for what they want to do in university, if there is languages involved, sure, but they shouldn't take on just for the sake of it, as it would impede their studies.

2) Students in university are getting degrees for a profession, and, again, they shouldn't take a language and impede their studies for the sake of it.

"I really believe that student can gain more benefits from education!"

--> Of course they can, but a language can severely impede the education if they don't need it.

"Student shouldn't decrease their attempt because what they do is DIFFICULT!!"

--> They should if they don't need the language. It's an unnecessary burden.

"Many people know; when you go to travel in foreign country and you can speak that language you will get more experiences. If you don't know verious languages same as you lock the door and live with yourself!"

--> Many countries with tourists accommodate them with tourist regions where the general populace speak the same language.

"If parent don't guide them to do good ,They will do what they want and they don't care about social"

--> Agreed, but how does this imply a language = A morally good person?

"THEY CAN'T DECIDE WHAT TO DO BY THEMSELVES"

--> 18 year olds are teenagers. They can't look after themselves? You do realise that if parents constantly nanny their children their children can't look after themselves?

"Students are teenager"

--> This is wrong. Twenty year olds go to university, and they're not teenagers. Many people resit exams or go to college when they're older.
RiieZism

Pro

Thanks Sir, But sorry I'm a GIRL! ^-^

These are my argument :
- Only 2 languages aren't enough!
- Learn more isn't a problem!

Thanks for the con side for all those information. But, if you look exactly to the root of the point, you can see that those information all from the con side can't really prove his side to be better. How? Well, I am going to tell you now.

First of all, I would like to tell u about how con side fell all proves of his side.

Well, you can't make sure either that all students can get the job that they really want to be. So, to learn the third language also can't make sure but, we can make sure that they will have more salaries for their job and also have more choices to choose the job that they want.

Goal of learning isn't only going to the university. But learning is the thing to prove that you have a good efficiency in the real life. Every occupations should learn language because language is important for life!

And not all people in one country can speak the same languages! Even, we have a guide to take care but, what if we get lost from guide who will help us? We have to learn more languages to have more choices to understand those people and to communicate to them.

For our side, you can see here that I already prove all the points that why we want students to speak more than 3 languages. But, the con side always said that our side is bad without the reason why is pro side bad. Also he didn't prove why students should learn only 2 languages.

Therefore, my side proves better and this debate should fall for my side. Thank you.
I-am-a-panda

Con

Sorry about that gender mix up Con :S!

"Well, you can't make sure either that all students can get the job that they really want to be. So, to learn the third language also can't make sure but, we can make sure that they will have more salaries for their job and also have more choices to choose the job that they want."

--> A third language is only necessary for a few jobs: Language teaching, interpretation,etc. It is more beneficial for students to learn IT than a third language.

"Goal of learning isn't only going to the university. But learning is the thing to prove that you have a good efficiency in the real life. Every occupations should learn language because language is important for life!"

--> 1) You have proven how language is important for life. I could learn Spanish, but not use it once in my life with ease.

2) How is third language more beneficial than doing military assault courses, IT, electrical wiring, etc. They all have more important application in real life than a third language.

"And not all people in one country can speak the same languages! Even, we have a guide to take care but, what if we get lost from guide who will help us? We have to learn more languages to have more choices to understand those people and to communicate to them."

--> The majority of countries have 1 de facto language, maybe two. And en are you going to need another language to find a guide?

"For our side, you can see here that I already prove all the points that why we want students to speak more than 3 languages. But, the con side always said that our side is bad without the reason why is pro side bad. Also he didn't prove why students should learn only 2 languages."

--> And I have debunked all those points. I proved your side wrong, and you have not addressed my arguments. and I never had to advocate students should 2 languages.

VOTE CON
Posted by studentathletechristian8 7 years ago
studentathletechristian8
RFD:

B/A: Con/Con
Conduct: Both sides behaved properly, so this vote is a Tie.
S & G: Both sides were faulty, but Pro's incoherent sentence structure, lack of flow, and continual horrendous grammar usage tilts this point to Con.
C A: Pro did not reach her BoP. Con refuted Pro's arguments and was the clear winner in the end. Point goes to Con.
Sources: The only source provided in the debate was given by Con, so the point goes to Con.
Posted by RiieZism 7 years ago
RiieZism
What's a funny debating..
I love debate 55+

Thanks everyone
Posted by Ragnar_Rahl 7 years ago
Ragnar_Rahl
THBT students should learn the second language better first.
Posted by resolutionsmasher 7 years ago
resolutionsmasher
please clean up your grammer. You might not be able to help it, if so then try to get somebody to look it over before you post it.
Posted by JustCallMeTarzan 7 years ago
JustCallMeTarzan
Agreed. Though pro's English is pretty good...
Posted by Danielle 7 years ago
Danielle
"You cannot accept this challenge because you do not match the Instigator's age and/or rank criteria." LAME.
Vote Placed by World_through_my_eyes 7 years ago
World_through_my_eyes
RiieZismI-am-a-pandaTied
Vote Placed by studentathletechristian8 7 years ago
studentathletechristian8
RiieZismI-am-a-pandaTied