patriots16-0
cailinalainn

THE EXSISTENCE OF GOD VS. ATHEISM

patriots16-0

Pro

To start off my debate i will say something an athiest will never probably ever agree to and that is if you are an atheist or a scientologist or whatever you are always admitting theres a God by excisting.

PART 1
Let me ask you these questions can you see love? no.
Can you see the IDEA of 2+2? no.
Can you see the end of the universe? no. But you still BELIEVE all these things or at least you should. You see if your an athiest none of these things exsist because if you cant see it, it dosent exsist. You know what atheism does the very idea of it crawls on Gods lap and then slaps him in the face. Well just because i told you this dosent mean you are going to stop beliving in love. Well now you know why I belive in God, the same reason an atheist belives in the universe is infanent.

Part2
If atheism were all true then the world would be at toatal chaos i mean who would tell us who is rite or wrong or the base for anything or even what is love. If the athiests were right about everything then Hitler would not be wrong about killing 6 million jews We would just obey the man who had control over the world at that time. That is a huge problem with athiest belif and thats why it cant and must not be true.
cailinalainn

Con

a�the�ism –noun
1. the doctrine or belief that there is no God.
2. disbelief in the existence of a supreme being or beings.

This is an excerpt from the dictionary itself, explaining that atheism is only contained to being the non-belief in God or a supreme being. Just because you don't believe in god doesn not mean you don't believe in love. I, Myself, is a prime example.

I do not believe there is a god, but overall, more than anything, I believe in love. Just beause one does not believe that there is a supreme being guiding them through their lives does not mean that they don't believe that 1+1=2, or in love itself. Atheism is just the simple non-believing in God or in theism.

People choose to have their own beliefs off of what they have learned and expirienced. Some just choose not to believe in God.
patriots16-0

Pro

You say that you dont belive that there is a God well actually there is and i will tell you why because it dosent make sence to have a world without a supreme being and this is why. How can we say what Hitler did was wrong if we dont have a supreme being i meane who do we obey the man who is in power at that time well the man who was in power at that time was Hitler and according to athiests there is no uther supreme being there is no Basis for anything. The reason why we have to have a basis is because what Hitler did he thought it was rite. Thats why there has to be a God To tell us what to base what is right and what is wrong. Thats why the world would be so chaotic thats why we need God and Thats why there is a God.

So please cailinalainn answere the folowing QUESTIONS in you response.

If there is no God to give us a basis on what is rite and wrong according to Atheism then is hitler rite for killing 6,000,000 jews or sence there is no supreme being according to atheism could he not be wrong.
cailinalainn

Con

IF I might add...

as i stated in my previous debate,
Atheism is the simple belief that there is no God or supreme being.
This does not have anything to do with havin no morals or having a sense of right & wrong.

A person, from when they are very young, knowledge of God or none, start learning a sense of right and wrong and start creating their own personal morals.

God is not needed to simply exisit as a being and make your own decisions. Hitler made very poor greedy decisions during his lifetime, which ended up in killing an excessive amount of people. God or no God, Hitler would have doe the same thing. It's only a part of history.

I'm still trying to figure out what you mean when you try to relate not having morals to atheism.

Just because I choose not to believe in God or a supreme being does not mean I ahve no morals or a sense of what is right or wrong. Just because I have no supreme being to guide my life, doesn't mean I can't guide ot for myself. Personally, I don't need to have faith in something superior to help me get through things, because I believe in myself, my friends, and my family. They are no superior to me as I am to myself.

Hilter may have grown up in a poor environment or have had bad expiriences in his lifetime that triggered his massacre of the jews.

This simply proves that just because you do not believe in God, does not mean you do not have morals or a sense of judgment for the right & the wrong.

I'm sorry, but you seem to be going on a few tangents.
Maybe try being a little more clear with your arguments next time. =)
patriots16-0

Pro

You say that there is no God well if there is no God then who determines what it is write and wrong who says murdering is WRONG. I mean if you atheists dont think murdering 6000000 people just because he had a bad past as a child gives him a free pass to doing that isnt wrong then i dont know what is wrong with you. DO YOU UNDRESTAND that there has to be a rite and a wrong or the world would be crazy. Because you no what I here atheists say all the time, or anybody that dosent belive in God they say "that guy needs to go to jail." Well, do you think we should get rid of all jails because if there is no rite and wrong then how can anyone go to jai maby we should just get rid of the JUDICERARY branch all together.

It does mean you have no morals because obviously you think that murdering is ok you think that stealing is ok and you think all these things are ok because you belive that there is no God. You belive that there is no rite and wrong so according to you what are morals because thats what morals are based off of rite and wrong I hope you are following me so far and UNDERSTANDING this. And please after reading this do not go off and say another one of your pointless debates stating that we have self justification... and blablabla. Please because it dosent make any sence at ALL!!!!

"Do you think that just because Hitler grew up in a bad inviroment that he is alowd to do what he did KILLING 6 MILLION JEWS he killed them and that was wrong that is something you have learned sence you were a kid and not just because it is wrong, but because every human being has a rite to live. But of course sence there is no rite or wrong answer to any given problem how do we even have the RITE to live. Couldnt every man just kill women children. And i do hope you see how this is connected to morals because if there is no God to set morals then where do we get morals. Well we cant get them from our selves because our morals change every day one day we could be a kid helping our mom in the kitchen then we could be in jail. I hope you see how unreliable humans would be in a world without God are morals would change all the time. Thats why there MUST be one rite and one wrong we cant say oh there isnt a God well lets just give everyone a free pass. If human morals change everyday which they do kids join gangs gentlemen become wife beaters, and good people become drug attics. That happens everyday thats why there must be a God to tell us what is wrong and what is rite. Because it cant be us because are morals change everyday we need to just have 1 thing to base everything off of and you no what that is its God the maker of heaven and earth.

PLEASE ANSWERE THE FALLOWING QUESTION UNLIKE LAST TIME: wasit rite for hitler to kill 6000000 jews if there is no rite and no wrong and does everyone have a write to live? Please tell us what judges us do we just get judged by society well socity judged black people and had them as slaves?
cailinalainn

Con

cailinalainn forfeited this round.
Posted by Pricetag 9 years ago
Pricetag
Catholicism was the first Christian church. Protestants don't believe in saints but they're both Christians. I don't know what Hitler personally believed, but I suspect he supported some kind of Christianity. However, I have never run across any of his words saying if he was Christian or not. That's my technicality.
Posted by Fabian 9 years ago
Fabian
ok catholic is no the same a chirtian.....catholic belives in saints.....chirtians dont.....and also theres other few believes that are different from crhistianity.
Posted by danicalifornia 9 years ago
danicalifornia
Catholic = Christian. I don't understand the point of your technicality but ok. :)
Posted by solo 9 years ago
solo
Ouch! Sorry patriots16-0! She didn't even show up for Round 3 and she destroyed you without even answering your final question. I'm going to vote for you because I hate it when folks forfeit rounds in debates.
Posted by Pricetag 9 years ago
Pricetag
Technically he was a Catholic but renounced his faith shortly after leaving home. He eventually went to set up the German Protestant Church which most of the country followed. He practiced astrology amongst other things and was addicted to amphetamines, as to his religion I would guess he was a Christian (looking at the fact that he erected a church); however, I don't know what he truly believed. So only speculation can tell.
Posted by danicalifornia 9 years ago
danicalifornia
Read a book about Hitler. That man was a "Christian." In fact, that was one of the reasons he did what he did. It's not as if Hitler was a psychotic Atheist for crying out loud, he was a psychotic Christian.

Maybe the OP would like to respond to that...
Posted by Pricetag 9 years ago
Pricetag
I'm in a debate with patriots right now over "Moral Relativism" if you all would like to observe. It's... interesting so far.
Posted by Fabian 9 years ago
Fabian
I'm agnostic, somewhat like atheist, I have morals and I have judgement from right and wronng patriots16-0 you are arguing with what you belief, you have to evidence at all, the bible may b written down and it may b in the antient scripts, but it does not show that is true and I for myself disproofed you ignorant comments toward atheists.
Posted by Keithinator 9 years ago
Keithinator
I cant stand it when people dont understand how atheist can have morals. Morals can be formed on our own they dont need to have religion by their side.
Posted by attrition 9 years ago
attrition
As far as I can tell, the only moral that can possibly exist is simply the right to exist. Every thing else is completely subjective. It's undeniable that by simply existing, I have been given that right. So it is immoral for someone like Hitler or anyone else for that matter to take away my right to exist. So killing another being is wrong, in as much as my very survival doesn't depend on it. We just resort back to the natural order. The very belief of god is so completely subjective its absurd to try to think a particular idea of a god that directly interferes with or affects the physical world exists.

The particular idea of god relates to geography, culture, and chronology. In other words, where you were born, how you were raised, and at what time period you live in, all dictate what particular kind of god(s) you believe. For instance, approx. 2000 yrs ago Christianity didn't exist. At that time, one would most likely be a pagan believing in multiple gods of every concievable event or thing you needed to explain..Love, War, Lightening, Death and even wine. OF course that's assuming you lived in what we call Europe today. Eastern religions have an entirely other set of beliefs that are older, way older than Christianity. And of course there are the various African and American tribal religions. So I guess I don't even understand the question, because which god are we talking about here? If it's the Christian god, that god absolutely can not exist..if he does, we're all fucked.
Vote Placed by JustCallMeTarzan 9 years ago
JustCallMeTarzan
patriots16-0cailinalainnTied
Vote Placed by Tatarize 9 years ago
Tatarize
patriots16-0cailinalainnTied
Vote Placed by kenicks 9 years ago
kenicks
patriots16-0cailinalainnTied
Vote Placed by Aagon 9 years ago
Aagon
patriots16-0cailinalainnTied
Vote Placed by persuasive 9 years ago
persuasive
patriots16-0cailinalainnTied
Vote Placed by vonschumann10 9 years ago
vonschumann10
patriots16-0cailinalainnTied
Vote Placed by Fabian 9 years ago
Fabian
patriots16-0cailinalainnTied
Vote Placed by johnwooding1 9 years ago
johnwooding1
patriots16-0cailinalainnTied
Vote Placed by solo 9 years ago
solo
patriots16-0cailinalainnTied
Vote Placed by patriots16-0 9 years ago
patriots16-0
patriots16-0cailinalainnTied