adilmuhammad
lyokowarri0r

THW (This House Would) make all schools private

adilmuhammad

Pro

The first round is acceptance

Second round is points

Third round rebuttal

Fourth round conclusions
lyokowarri0r

Con

I accept. I am hoping for a good debate. I am very passionate in reform and improvement of public schools.
adilmuhammad

Pro

Hi.
Thank you for accepting to debate me.

Now, I'm going to tell everybody body why all schools should be made private.
My points are:

1 Educational point

2 Financial point

Before starting with my points, I would like to remind you that you're not allowed to refute now... Refuting is for the third round

Educational points:

The private schools make more efforts in education to keep its reputation safe..

The private schools are more keen on contacting guardians (Literally parnets) to keep its reputation safe, too..

The private schools try to get the most modernised and technology-based curriculum so that they get more students.

Financial points:

The private school will remove a heavy burden from the shoulders of the government, and the government can use it in the country's development

The average wages of all governmental employees will be raised.

To give evidence to all this, we all know that the current president of Turkey, Recep Tayyip Erdogan, immediately after becoming the minister of education, wanted to make the level of education in his country better, so he started that with private schools. WHY? And now we all know the level of education in Turkey.

The same thing with the minister of education in Malaysia.... Muhammad Mahateer started making the schools in his country better with private schools.. What about the quality of education in Malaysia? Don't you know that people from all around the world go there for education...

You CAN'T refute for NOW.

Thank you very much
lyokowarri0r

Con

Education is the great equalizer of life. No matter your race, gender, or social economic class, you will have a education. Private and charter schools demand money upfront from "consumers" and leave the poor behind. Without public education, generational poverty will never be solved and the nation will be become more divide on wealth.

As the burden of proof lies solely with the pro side I will rebuttal this round.

The main point of the pro side on educational benefits of private schools, is that their reputation must remain sound. This seem odd as public schools have reputation as well. The idea is to attract people to live near the school to gain the property tax dollars. So any benefit from private schools reputation can be matched by charter or public schools. The same goes for the technology. Many public schools do the same thing for the tax dollars that new students bring. All of the points the pro side has listed can be matched by public schools.

"The private school will remove a heavy burden from the shoulders of the government, and the government can use it in the country's development"
Public schools are paid by state property tax, not federal funds. There is no burden on the federal budget from public schools.

"The average wages of all governmental employees will be raised."
This cannot be proven and does not make private seem any better.

Both examples from the pro side are from countries ethnically and economically nowhere similar to America and cannot be used as a comparison for a action as making all schools private. Also Turkey and Malaysia have the worst income and wealth inequality in the world. Do we really want to be like them?

http://fpif.org...

http://www.hurriyetdailynews.com...
adilmuhammad

Pro

Welcome back.

Now's the time for rebuttal, and I'm going to rebut what con's said.

" Private and charter schools demand money upfront from "consumers" and leave the poor behind. Without public education, generational poverty will never be solved and the nation will be become more divide on wealth."
1 There are charitable organisations in all countries that would be encouraged by the government to give money to people who cant afford paying for education.
2 The money saved for the government by the private schools would go to the pockets of employees, part of which would be paid as school fees.

"The main point of the pro side on educational benefits of private schools, is that their reputation must remain sound. This seem odd as public schools have reputation as well"
I never said that! I said that private schools 'try' thier most to have a good reputation, to get more money from guardians of students. Please read my argument in the second round again..

"Public schools are paid by state property tax, not federal funds. There is no burden on the federal budget from public schools."
Well, and the money left in the state property tax? Doesn't it go straight to the federal funds?? (I'm talking as a Qatari citizen, NOT an American. I don't know much about U.S. finance.

"Both examples from the pro side are from countries ethnically and economically nowhere similar to America and cannot be used as a comparison for a action as making all schools private. "
I never said I'm talking about America. I'm talking about making schools private all around the globe.

"Also Turkey and Malaysia have the worst income and wealth inequality in the world." What about the quality of education in Turkey. Also, my respected opponent gave two links, both about Turkey. What about Malaysia? Isn't it ONE OF THE BEST PLACES FINANCIALLY IN THE WORLD??

I strongly call upon voters to vote by fact and power of debate, not by opinion.

Thanks.

Adil Muhammad,
Qatar
lyokowarri0r

Con

The burden of proof lies with the pro side. He has yet to come up with any real evidence to support why all schools should all be private. He has also not given any evidence on why private schools are better. So far, anything he has described as a positive for private schools, can be matched by public ones. The point of public education is to have education available for all people. The pro side has not rebutted my point on wealth inequality in countries that have installed this policy.

Overall the pro side has yet to really put up any argument with substance. I do not need to promote public schools, just counter private ones. Burden of proof lies with him. No proof is to be seen. I rest my case.
adilmuhammad

Pro

My opponent is saying that I haven't rebutted his 'financially inequality' argument whereas In paragraph 7 of 3rd round I said:
lyokowarri0r

Con

https://en.wikipedia.org...
There is Malaysia. One of the worst income and wealth inequalities in the world.

The pro side is not even promoting his case anymore. All points he has even have been rebutted. Everything a private school offers that are good can be replicated with public schools while all the negatives remain unattended too. We are talking about educational quality here. The quality is not up to my standard unless it applies to everyone. Private schools will cut out the poor and disadvantage and looks good on paper but we fail to see the generational poverty that we create. The pro side has failed to bring up anymore points for me to argue against. Please keep in mind that the burden of proof lies solely with him.
Posted by adilmuhammad 9 months ago
adilmuhammad
refute*
Posted by adilmuhammad 9 months ago
adilmuhammad
ok then, you can refure :)
Posted by lyokowarri0r 9 months ago
lyokowarri0r
Because you want to make all schools private, the burden of proof lies with you. What is my argument suppose to have if I cannot not refute your points?