JustVotingTiedDebates
joshuar1996

THW arm the police.

JustVotingTiedDebates has forfeited round #2.

JustVotingTiedDebates

Pro

I AM WITH ARMING THE POLICE

Terms

1. THW: This House Would

2. This House: The government.

3. Arm: give weapons to.

4. Police: The people who control (something) by making sure that rules and regulations are being followed

Structure

1. Rules for Pro, Acceptance.

2. Arguments.

3. Rebuttals.

We cannot have arguments in the first round. We cannot have new arguments in the final round.

Rules

1. No forfeiting unless there are a same number of forfeits

2. No trolling

3. No plagiarism, or you have to quote it.

4. Cite sources in 'Sources' Category

5. No new arguments in final and beginning round.

8. BoP is shared in this debate.

9. Not following rules is an automatic loss.

I thank my opponent. Let's have a wonderful debate!

I STRONGLY CALL UPON VOTERS TO VOTE BY FACT AND POWER OF DEBATE, NOT BY OPINION.
joshuar1996

Con

Hello and I gladly accept your challenge and it'll be a hard one for me because I don't completely oppose the ban of guns from police officers, but I chose it .

Cops are in the line of fire everyday from criminals , people who are psychotic and downright evil but at the same time cops encounter law abiding citizens , normal people like getting caught for speeding and traffic infractions . But that's no reason on why to draw your weapon . I do understand sometimes especially at night it's a lot harder to identify what the person you pulled over or the person who apprehended on what they may have or have but that's why you search them instead of straight up aim a gun and threaten and perhaps even go as far tackling , pepper spraying, taserinh or throwing the person down because you feel they did wrong . Police officers are here to serve and protect not shoot on sight . Not even soldiers in Iraq do that because shooting a person atleast for a normal person is scarring and could change a person mentally and emotionally .

Honestly a police officer can't just point a weapon because they're "scarred" or feel that the person is suspect. Police officer should approach a more peaceful approach such as maybe talk to the person and from there on as the situation escalates gets more physically but a gun is a last resort .