JustVotingTiedDebates
KGNine

THW arm the police.

KGNine has forfeited round #2.

JustVotingTiedDebates

Pro

I AM WITH ARMING THE POLICE

Terms

1. THW: This House Would

2. This House: The government.

3. Arm: give weapons to.

4. Police: The people who control (something) by making sure that rules and regulations are being followed

Structure

R1. Rules for Pro, Acceptance.

R2. Arguments.

R3. Rebuttals.

Rules

1. No forfeiting unless there are a same number of forfeits

2. No trolling

3. No plagiarism, or you have to quote it.

4. Cite sources in 'Sources' Category

5. No new arguments in the beginning round.

6. BoP is shared in this debate.

7. Not following rules is an automatic loss.

I thank my opponent. Let's have a wonderful debate!

I STRONGLY CALL UPON VOTERS TO VOTE BY FACT AND POWER OF DEBATE, NOT BY OPINION.
KGNine

Con

During the course of this single round, I will be countering one of my opponent's definitions, while still agreeing to participate in the debate. I feel that my opponent's definition of the police failed on a single account, that will hurt the atmosphere of the debate. Simply defining police as: "The people who control (something) by making sure that rules and regulations are being followed." My opponent made no comment about whether or not they would have to go through the same courses and tests police officers do, in order to receive their positions. I strongly doubt that my opponent desired to count an average citizen, who might enforce the law in certain situations as a police officer. Nevertheless, in the spirit of debate, I will argue my position regardless. I proudly accept the government's challenge, and I am looking forward to this debate.
JustVotingTiedDebates

Pro

Rule 5. No new arguments in the beginning round.
Rule 7. Not following rules is an automatic loss.
Posted by That1User 4 months ago
That1User
You should join as con here: http://www.debate.org...
Posted by DavidMancke 4 months ago
DavidMancke
If this is going to speak to giving cops guns, I would suggest that you exclude the US in this debate. The reason is just debate structure and rules

If this were to be specific to the US, the Pro/Gov side is arguing for status quo9 cops already have guns) typically the burden on the proposition side of a policy topic like this is expected to advocate change. If your advocacy turns out to be the status quo, or your opponent can show your advocacy to be provided by status quo already; pro automatically loses.

Also, all governments could get muddy, since this is a policy that cannot be uniformly enacted by any government agency on the planet. I would suggest narrowing to something like the UK, when cops typically don't carry guns of weapons at all.
Posted by JustVotingTiedDebates 4 months ago
JustVotingTiedDebates
Self defense+ law enforcement weapons
JustVotingTiedDebates
All governments.
Posted by DavidMancke 4 months ago
DavidMancke
Does weapons includes or is it specific to fire arms? To which government does your topic refer.