dave2655
Naisbitt_Iman

THW punish student bystanders for failing to stop bullying

dave2655

Con

please tell me some oposition points and propositoin points thanks.
Naisbitt_Iman

Pro

Bullying is described as the use of force, threat, or coercion to abuse, intimidate, or aggressively to impose domination over others, whereas the student bystander is described as a student whom knew that a bullying take place, but does not take any active stance to neither defend the victim nor report the incident to the school's office.

As the affirmative of the house, I'd like to point out that the status quo is not enough, we should not only punish the bully, but also the student bystander who also witness the bullying take place but decided to ignored the case.

I propose to this house to punish student bystanders for failing to stop school bullying.

This proposal would be exercised by socializing this proposed law to all of the school-age student. Where the first and second violation of this law would result in the punishment of a full-week of afterschool class and an mandatory essay about the harm of the bullying as well as the written and oral apology to the victim, where the third and further violation of this punishment would be several days to a week suspension from the school in accordance to the severity.

My proposal will be supported by three arguments:

1) Normalization of the Value and the Moral Obligation
2) Reducing the Bullying Frequency
3) Beneficence of the Student Bystanders

First, Normalization of the Value and the Moral Obligation
As we all know, school bullying is the well-known example of bullying, it's frequent portrayal in the media itself has supported enough basis to be viewed as true. School bully's exercise their behavior under the premise of "majority acceptance", where the bully thought that the act of bullying will raise their personal status in their peer group. As a majority of the school student is a teenager, peer-pressure is heavily affect their behavior. And where there are no protest from majority of their peers, they will think that the bullying is okay and it could be continued, because everyone is okay with that. Due to that reason, the student bystander is morally obliged, morally responsible by supporting the very act of bullying through their agreeing silence. Therefore, the student bystander could be said that him or her take an active part in supporting bullying culture to be continued and he or she is justified to be punished.

Second, Reducing the Bullying Frequency
Introducing a codex or law that will punish student bystanders will greatly reduce school bullying. A significant amount of punishment that needed to be taken by the student bystander will force them to interrupt the bullying or at least inform the school's office about the incident, this action will benefited the victim due to the punishment that will be enforced to the bully, will prevent future bullying.

Last, Beneficence of the Student Bystanders
Admitted or not. Apathetic stance to the bullying, whether its deliberate or forced would take a toll in the psychological state of the witness. The student bystander who choose to ignore the bullying to their peers will undoubtedly will be haunted by the guilt of him or her ignorance. The effect of the bullying to the victim is serious, most of them will suffer either physical or emotional deterrence throughout their life. It could make them less open to the people, traumatized, suffer permanent physical injury, or in the worst case ; death.

Suicide among the bullying victim is well-portrayed in the media, this action happen when the victim emotional state sunk to the lowest level. When this suicide happen to be the case it frequently because the bullying is constant. This accident, which I need to remind you, cost a human life, cost his or her future, which may be shining and bright of colour and possibility, could be prevented if one of his or her peers, classmates, fellow students, defend their friend from the bullies, interrupting them when it took place, reporting the bully to the school office and giving their friend emotional support.

Burden of the conscience of the failure to protect their friend will take a toll throughout their lives, make it them through the nightmarish night where they hope they could prevent it. Where they hope they could undo it. To make it never happen.

Therefore, due to all the reason stated above, I, once more, say, in the name of the children, our children, and our future. I proposed that this house to punish student bystander from failing to stop bullying
dave2655

Con

dave2655 forfeited this round.
Naisbitt_Iman

Pro

Naisbitt_Iman forfeited this round.
dave2655

Con

dave2655 forfeited this round.
Naisbitt_Iman

Pro

Naisbitt_Iman forfeited this round.
Posted by Legitdebater 3 years ago
Legitdebater
I'd probably use some of the points that were suggested to me in my debate.
Posted by Legitdebater 3 years ago
Legitdebater
I'm assuming your in beginner, but I'll give you some pointers first.
1. Make eye contact with each of the judges, this will be crucial to your speaking points.
2. Add definitions to your debate. If your proposition 1, include definitions.
3. Use up all your time, and remember to clash with your opponent's points.
4. If your nervous in the first round that's okay, you'll get comfortable as the rounds progress.
5. Good Luck! I'm assuming this is your first debate ever.