terrorizedorphan1
alanli713

THW reinstate Corporal Punishment in schools

terrorizedorphan1

Con

We see that at the moment most punishment systems at schools simply DO NOT work, my teacher fully agrees with this idea. And believes in the fact that it is good "conditioning" for pupils I (being a pupil) beg to differ
alanli713

Pro

Hello, this is a very interesting topic to debate about, I will be delighted to accept this debate as PRO.
terrorizedorphan1

Con

Thank you for accepting.
What we see in today's society child abuse is shunned upon and i personally believe that this must have some backing behind it after all if a person simply hits a child because they get an answer wrong or do not do their homework or misbehave is simply wrong.
I shall be looking at the two role players in this argument namely the teachers and pupils:
The teachers
I see this as the teachers easy way out, rather than just trying to find out why this child is misbehaving,not doing his homework and trying to find out his problems the teacher just hits the child and solves his troubles. This will ruin the child teacher relationship and ruin the child's trust in the teacher and hinder creative thinking
alanli713

Pro

First I agree with Corporal Punishment should not be the only way to "encourage" pupils..

In my point of view, physical punishment should not only include hitting but should also include other kinds of physical actives; e.g running laps.

In the modern society, as in more developed countries, Teachers will get in deep trouble for any corporal punishment towards their pupils, however, in many family, they still believe corporal punishment is the quickest way to punishment misbehaving child.

If a child is about to preform a dangerous move, enforcing corporal punishment will make them remember better not to perform a certain activities in the future. Secondly, if verbal warning or shouting cannot stop the pupil misbehaving, physical punishment should take place.
To argue your point on ruining the child teacher relationship, I believe as long as the reason of punishment was correct, it should not be any problem because there is a good purpose for the punishment.
terrorizedorphan1

Con

So we see that con has also brought into this scene that corporal punishment is physical use so i simply see that this would not work because it hardly benefits the student being punished and it also doesn't teach him that what he was doing was wrong.
Secondly we see that this is a mistrust issue thus far and i see that the child would resent the teacher for and we cannot deny this fact because we are talking about teenagers at the moment and they are at a stage of mistrust and hatred to most figures in their lives.
Now onto how I believe it will affect the child.
I see that this entire idea of corporal punishment revolves around the fact that it creates a strict environment but i see that you cant create a safe learning environment out of fear children wont seek to do their best, learn what they can and wont try to be creative because of the fact that they will be scared that these ideas will result in corporal punishment.
It oppresses the children and creates an environment where they can as parents think it is fine to do something similar to their children if they had it done to them.
Rather i see that by giving them positive reactions to their positive behavior over punishing their negative behavior they will strive to be better and do positive things thank you
alanli713

Pro

alanli713 forfeited this round.