Gaming_Debater
9spaceking

TROLL DEBATE: Wreck-it Ralph is a bad movie.

Gaming_Debater
Started: 10/17/2014 Category: Funny

Gaming_Debater

Pro

First round acceptance.
9spaceking

Con

This scene posted in the video almost made me cry, it's so good. I dare you to counter it.
Gaming_Debater

Pro

Thanks for accepting.

Ralph hates the movie

Ralph says "[he's] going to wreck it!" But he is not specific about what he's gonna wreck. I assure you he isn't talking about the penthouse. He clearly specifies that he wants to live in it, so why would he wreck it? We know he isn't happy until the movie ends. Bad movies make people unhappy, so he must be talking about the movie.

We also have evidence of this from the Bad Guy Affirmation, a mantra that video game antagonists say in the movie. The mantra goes:

“I’m bad, and that’s good. I will never be good, and that’s not bad. There’s noone I’d rather be than me

Right after the bad guys are done saying it, the title of the movie pops up under Ralph. *long gasp* They have the same name! that means the MOVIE was talking! The movie is trying to warn you about how awful it is!

The Cy-Bugs Hate the Movie

Most of the movie takes place inside the arcade, so there would be no movie without an arcade. From the following quotes in the movie, we can tell that they want to and can eat the arcade.

"Menacing creatures known as Cy-Bugs are a deadly threat to not only their game, Hero's Duty, but to the entire arcade. They know just three things: Eat, destroy and multiply. Cy-Bugs can morph into anything they eat-from an attack buggy to an assault rifle. They do have one weakness: an attraction to bright light. (They are bugs, after all.)" [1]

If they want to eat the whole arcade, then the movie must be awful! They started with Sugar Rush for two very obvious reasons: 1) It’s defenseless and 2) to get on a sugar high! This is their logic:

A: If we start with Sugar Rush, we’ll eat it quickly AND get on a sugar high.

B: If we get on a sugar high, we’ll get through the better defended games faster by eating and moving faster

C: If we get through better defended games faster, the easiest ones will be there for last.

D: By getting through the hard ones faster, we increase our chances of eating the whole arcade.

CONCLUSION: If we eat Sugar Rush first, we’re more likely to manage to eat the whole arcade.

If they started with Sugar Rush, then with that logic, they must have wanted the movie to end. If they wanted the movie to end, it must be terrible!

Your turn.

[1]- http://wreckitralph.wikia.com...

9spaceking

Con

My god....how silly.

Ralph hates the movie, so it's bad?
No no no, Ralph doesn't hate the movie. He only wants to wreck GOOD things.

Look at the house. It's perfect.
Ralph WANTS TO MAKE THINGS BAD, which is why he wants to wreck the movie. The movie looks too good for Ralph, and Ralph only wants to wrecks things that are too awesome for his taste. Your evidence is insufficient. Ralph is a weird bad guy, he wants to destroy good things, not bad things.

Now, as for the Bad Guy Affirmation, the movie isn't actually bad. If it's good then the statement doesn't really apply to the movie. But for people who think the movie is bad, the Bad Guy Affirmation statement actually twists peoples' minds around so that they actually think it's good. Because being bad looks like the movie's purpose, everyone will think the movie is good; therefore the movie is good. People who think the movie is neutral won't think of it as "Bad" either, since "Being not good is not bad" according to the affirmation. Therefore, no matter who you are, you will think the movie good, and therefore the movie will be good.

Now, as for the Cybugs, they only wanted the movie to end because Cybugs are stupid and they're like viruses. Good people can be inflicted with virus and be killed as well! The famous Marie Curie died from....exactly what she was trying to work out....cancer. -.-
As you can see viruses can infect good people/movies too, not just bad people/movies. Besides, the sugar tastes awesome, so they must only want to eat good things. Because they only want to eat good things, and they want to eat the arcade, the arcade must be good, therefore the movie must be good.

Sorry if my round's not funny as my opponent's. I don't really have any trolling juice in me right now.
Back to you, Gaming-debater.
Gaming_Debater

Pro

Ralph hating the Movie

Wrecking the building

Ralph can't possibly want to wreck the penthouse and the movie just to make them look bad. He's content with a shirt and a pair of one-strap overalls for clothing, so why would he be jealous about how someone or something looks?

He's even got huge muscles, so why would he care about having the latest clothes?

He is only wrecking the building for two reasons:

1) His logic is that he will shatter it, fall off, die, and reincarnate as a good guy. Remember how he clearly states he doesn't want to be the bad guy?

2) His boredom is turning into rage and he's taking it out on the building to be strategic about how he gets what he wants.

He hates the movie because it left him with a role he isn't happy with.

Bad Guy Affirmation

"Now, as for the Bad Guy Affirmation, the movie isn't actually bad. If it's good then the statement doesn't really apply to the movie. But for people who think the movie is bad, the Bad Guy Affirmation statement actually twists peoples' minds around so that they actually think it's good. Because being bad looks like the movie's purpose, everyone will think the movie is good; therefore the movie is good. People who think the movie is neutral won't think of it as "Bad" either, since "Being not good is not bad" according to the affirmation. Therefore, no matter who you are, you will think the movie good, and therefore the movie will be good."

It is a contradiction to say that the statement doesn't apply to the movie and then say that people will think the movie is good because they hear the same statement. Also, that is actually the movie admitting and accepting to itself that it sucks. It's ready to move on and be content with its inability to entertain anyone (even hardcore gamers.) It was initially depressed about all of its negative criticism and it let that go.

Cy-Bugs

"Now, as for the Cybugs, they only wanted the movie to end because Cybugs are stupid and they're like viruses. Good people can be inflicted with virus and be killed as well! The famous Marie Curie died from....exactly what she was trying to work out....cancer. -.-As you can see viruses can affect good people/movies too, not just bad people/movies."

Cancer does not pertain to this debate.

Stupid: If you cannot disprove what I said was their logic in starting with Sugar Rush, then you have no proof of that claim. A virus would have to be intelligent for that logic.

Also, they are NOT viruses for the following reasons:

1. Cy-Bugs can reproduce independently. Viruses need a host. This is 7th grade biology. The reason why they eat so much is to survive and lay their eggs.

2. Cy-bugs cause mass destruction. viruses take it one cell at a time.

"Besides, the sugar tastes awesome, so they must only want to eat good things. Because they only want to eat good things, and they want to eat the arcade, the arcade must be good, therefore the movie must be good."

Not everything in the whole arcade tastes good, but everything in Sugar Rush tastes good. It's so good that it is literally magical and will protect their tongues from any and all bad tastes for an hour if they eat enough of it. A lot of things in the arcade taste terrible, and if they have to taste a lot of terrible stuff, they will slow down A LOT in disgust, making it much harder to eat, thus harder to reproduce AND easier for Calhoun and her army of warriors from Hero's Duty to stop them all. Penthouses taste bad, brick piles taste bad, a punch in the mouth from Ryu tastes bad, a gunshot tastes bad, Zangief's speedo tastes bad, golden magic hammers taste bad, lots of things in the arcade taste bad. They NEED that magical tongue protection to eat the whole arcade to end the movie. Like you said: "... the arcade must be good, therefore the movie must be good." That means that the more of the arcade tastes bad, the more of the movie is bad. If they're eating Sugar Rush first for the magic tongue protection, then a lot of the stuff must taste awful.

Your turn.
9spaceking

Con

I should have thought the resolution through before accepting this debate. It seems that I cannot argue against the fact that Wreck it Ralph is a bad movie. I concede. I agree that it is, indeed, hilariously, the "Bad" movie by my opponent's definition.
Gaming_Debater

Pro

how disappointing
9spaceking

Con

I concede. Vote my opponent.
Posted by Gaming_Debater 2 years ago
Gaming_Debater
heh. i guess im lucky u didnt think to redefine "bad"
Posted by 9spaceking 2 years ago
9spaceking
bad can mean horrible quality but can also mean villain. :P
Posted by VelCrow 2 years ago
VelCrow
@9spaceking

what do you mean the other meaning of "bad"?
Posted by 9spaceking 2 years ago
9spaceking
dammit I fell into his trap...not until I remembered the amazing scene do I now remember the other meaning of "bad".
Vote Placed by VelCrow 2 years ago
VelCrow
Gaming_Debater9spacekingTied
Reasons for voting decision: ff