TheConservativeSocialist
Teah13

TRUMP (PRO) vs KASICH (CON)

Teah13 has forfeited round #4.

TheConservativeSocialist

Con

I will be arguing that John Kasich was a superior alternative to Donald Trump for the Republican Party presidential nomination. My opponent, Teah13, will argue that Trump was indeed fit to receive the nomination.

Best of luck to my opponent!

(To My Opponent - You can either use this round as acceptance or an opening argument, whichever one you would prefer.)
Teah13

Pro

Thanks, and good luck to you too!

I believe that Donald Trump would make a better president then his former presidential running mate John Kasich for the following reasons...

1. Donald Trump is antiestablishment he can not be bought he is already a millionaire and has already proved that he will not be controlled by anyone which is exactly what we need in our Presidential Office.

2. Donald Trump has managment skills and he will be able to relenquish the powers to experts that he can place in specific places that will be smart and they will know about there specific jobs making Donald Trump an even stronger presidential candidate.

3. Donald Trump has more experience then Kasich with ecanomical issues he has already made plenty of jobs around the world. And he will do even more as president.
TheConservativeSocialist

Con

Opening Argument

1. Kasich would have boosted the economy if elected President, and he has the experience to back it up.

a. As governor, Kasich was/is extremely successful in job creation. When he took office, according to the Federal Reserve, the state of Ohio had an unemployment rate of 9.2%. In December of 2015, it was lowered to 4.7%. That's a difference of 4.5%. He was able to do this by utilizing "job-friendly policies" such as cutting income taxes as well as eliminating regulations, which he believes harms small businesses and jobs. Assuming Congress would allow it, which (I'm sure) a majority GOP Congress would, Kasich would apply these same policies as President [1].

b. Also as governor, Kasich made $5 billion worth of tax cuts. He eliminated the 'death tax', a tax applied to large inheritances, and saved taxpayers approximately $650 million. In regards to balancing the Federal budget as President and his experience in the House budget committee, Kasich (in the September CNN debate) said, "I'm the only person on this stage, and one of the few people in this country, that led the effort as the chief architect the last time we balanced the federal budget. When I left Washington, in 2000, we had a $5 trillion surplus and the economy was booming." [1].

c. When he was a member of the House Armed Services Committee, Kasich was called the "Cheap Hawk" because of his investigations regarding overspending. As President, Kasich would reduce healthcare, education, and transportation spending and increase military spending [1].

d. Now sixty-three years old, Kasich was only thirty when elected to public office for the first time. He served in the House of Representatives for 18 years, became the Chairman of the Budget Committee in 1994, and served multiple terms as governor of Ohio; he is apparently well-liked in Ohio as he won the state in the Republican primary [1].

2. Kasich was the only candidate who was projected to defeat Hillary Clinton.
On virtually every poll featured on Real Clear Politics projecting a Kasich vs Clinton general election, Kasich had a considerable lead. In fact, his average lead over her was +7.4%. The highest lead Trump ever held over Clinton was +1.1%, and that was with his convention bounce [2] [3].

3. Anti-Trump Contention
It's common knowledge that Trump has said and done some controversial things over his years in the public eye that do not equate to 'presidential behavior'. In the early 1970's, the Trump Organization was sued - twice - by the Justice Department for not renting to African Americans. In 1992, the Trump Plaza Hotel and Casino was fined $200,000 for removing African American card dealers "at the request of a certain big-spending gambler." A former 1980's Trump's Castle employee testified that all African American employees were ordered off the floor and into the back when Donald and Ivana came to the casino. A 1991 book written by former president of Trump Plaza Hotel and Casino recalled Donald referring to black casino employees as "lazy", and that he once said, "I've got black accountants at Trump Castle and Trump Plaza. Black guys counting my money! I hate it." He initially did not disavow David Duke's endorsement, and blamed this on a damaged earpiece. He claimed Gonzalo Curiel could not do his job effectively because of his 'Mexican heritage'. He accused Megyn Kelly of 'menstruating' at the first Republican debate (and called her a bimbo afterwards) and attributed this to how she questioned him. He insulted Carly Fiorina's appearance. He mocked a disabled reporter. This is not a man that is fit to be our president. Now I'll admit that Kasich has called people names in the past, however, he composes himself in a way that is far superior and far more professional than Trump.

SOURCES
[1] https://www.thestreet.com...
[2] http://www.realclearpolitics.com...
[3] http://www.realclearpolitics.com...
Teah13

Pro

1. Yes Trump is not as professional as some other Canadents but that's what we need right now! And clearly since Donald Trump is the Republican Nomination that's what the American people want!

2. Trump has already created jobs at Trump Shuttle that had about 1,000 employees. And has also hired at least 34,000 jobs and he isn't even president yet and by listening to his interviews he truly wants to help create jobs.

3. Mr. Trump"s plan would cut taxes by $11.98 trillion over the next decade on a static basis. However, the plan would end up reducing tax revenues by $10.14 trillion over the next decade when accounting for economic growth from increases in the supply of labor and capital.

https://www.donaldjtrump.com...
https://www.quora.com...
TheConservativeSocialist

Con

Rebuttal

ROUND ONE
1. Kasich, despite having years of political experience, rejects the establishment label. In his words, "I had a national reporter say, 'There's three lanes. There's the establishment lane, the anti-establishment lane, and then there's the Kasich lane.'" [1].

2. I see what my opponent is saying, but couldn't Kasich also put experts in "specific places", thus making him a stronger candidate? That's basically what the Cabinet is. Clinton, if elected will do the same. Sanders, if elected, would have done the same. Cruz, if elected, would have done the same. Every President has done this, and there is no guarantee that Trump's Cabinet would have been superior to Kasich's Cabinet, or Cruz's Cabinet, or Sander's Cabinet, or Clinton's Cabinet.

3. Kasich has been in politics for over thirty years. Over those years, he dramatically reduced unemployment in Ohio, balanced the Federal budget, cut taxes, eliminated overspending, and helped small businesses grow. Over Trump's years in business, he went bankrupt not four, but six times [2].

ROUND TWO
1. My opponent did not respond to my accusations of Trump's racism in the 20th century towards African-Americans, his sexist remarks towards Fiorina and especially Megyn Kelly, and his reaction to Gonzalo Curiel and the Trump University case. Instead, they responded to the last sentence of my anti-Trump contention regarding Kasich being more professional than Trump, and that we need an 'unprofessional' candidate. If the President is going to be dealing with Congress, the Supreme Court, the United Nations, world leaders, and foreign governments, they need to have some level of professionalism.

2. My opponent argues that Trump has created at least 34,000 jobs. As of right now, the population of Ohio is 11,594,163 [3]. Kasich, as governor, reduced unemployment by 4.5%. This means that under Kasich's policies, approximately half a million people became employed. He will use this same technique as President.

3. I am unaware of how much Kasich's plan would save taxpayers, I cannot find a source that discusses it. What I can say is that Trump has no experience with taxation, other than being on the receiving end (although I'm not too sure with the whole tax return story). Kasich, however, saved Ohioans $5 billion with tax cuts as governor.

SOURCES
[1] http://www.ontheissues.org...
[2] http://www.politifact.com...
[3] http://population2016.com...
Teah13

Pro

1.Yes so trump might not have experience in politics but since he was a regular citizen he has made thousands of jobs, and he isn't even president yet!

2.Also he has more people to put in the cabnit and he is defentily best at putting people in there strongest places since he did this many times growing the Trump name.

3. Trump is not racist Counter to the racism charge, Trump is actually telegraphing to the nation, through psychological projection, that he would most likely behave the same way as the judge given the same situation. This is not racism he just wants to win.
TheConservativeSocialist

Con

1. Trump has created thousands of jobs by hiring individuals. Unless he is looking to hire only for the government and its various agencies, he has no real experience with enacting policies that help small businesses, reducing the employment rate (there is no evidence that people hired by Trump would not have found a different job), and implementing taxes. Kasich has done all of this and he has been very successful.

2. While what you say is true about Trump putting people where they are strongest, he has only done this for business, not politics. Kasich has experience with putting together a Cabinet - he has one right now as governor of Ohio.

3. Here's a quote from PolitiFact regarding the Trump's comments on Gonzalo Curiel: "On June 2, 2016, Trump told the Wall Street Journal that Curiel had 'an absolute conflict' in presiding over the litigation given that he is 'of Mexican heritage' and a member of a Latino lawyers association." [1]. The same source then rated the claim that the group Curiel belongs to is 'pro-Mexican', as Trump later suggested, as "mostly false" [2]. I never said that the statements were 'racist' seeing as 'Mexican' is a nationality and not every Mexican is Hispanic. What I did bring up about racism was Trump's remarks and actions regarding African-Americans, which has no yet been rebuked, along with what I said about sexism towards Carly Fiorina and Megyn Kelly and Trump's refusal to immediately disavow David Duke's endorsement.

SOURCES
[1] http://www.politifact.com...
[2] http://www.politifact.com...