Likeuhboss
machiavellian

TV Ratings should be Federally Standardized and Legally Enforced.

Likeuhboss

Con

This is how the order of speeches will go. Since the opponent is affirmative, he/she will have the first actual speech.

MY SPEECHES(Negative)
Round 1: Rules.
Round 2: Opening argument.
Round 3: Cross examination of opponent's round 2.
Round 4: Rebuttals.

OPPONENT'S SPEECHES(Affirmative)
Round 1: Opening argument.
Round 2: Cross examination of opponent's round 2.
Round 3: Rebuttals.
Round 4: You will post nothing here.
machiavellian

Pro

If you were to legally enforce television ratings, the parent would have no power over what their child can and cannot watch. This would not only mean that they could not show their child(ren) shows that they (but not the federal government) believed to be appropriate for their age, but it would also become frowned upon to disallow your child to veiw programs that you see as inapporopriate. The government should not be allowed to say what people are and are not allowed to see. This type of standardization as you see as correct is akin to the recent Egyptian uprising over closed internet policies.
Likeuhboss

Con

Sorry! This is my first debate, and I was still editing. I didn't think anyone would accept that fast! I was going to add this:

ATTENTION! If you accept this debate, it means you want the government to federally stadardize and legally inforce TV ratings. Read the topic title carefully!

Because, you see, I am negative, which means I do NOT want the government to do this! I agree with you totally, and that was one of my main points, as well!

It's a stupid way to word it, but it is the debate I am doing in school right now, so I just wanted to get some practice with everything exactly the same. Sorry for the confusion!
machiavellian

Pro

Ah! Apologies, I see that I have misread it. Well good luck on your future debate for this topic!
Likeuhboss

Con

Likeuhboss forfeited this round.
Likeuhboss

Con

Likeuhboss forfeited this round.
machiavellian

Pro

And that concludes this "Debate"