Tmurdock
Vedney

Tablets should replace textbooks

Tmurdock

Pro

R1 is acceptance, thanks, what you aim to prove
R2 is value, value criterion, definitions, and opening arguments
R3 is rebuttal
R4 is closing statements

I would like to thank my opponent for accepting, my commentators for helping, and my judges for showing us what to work on. As the pro I aim to prove that tablets should replace textbooks. With that let the debate begin!
Vedney

Con

Thank you, Pro. I accept and in this debate I am to argue how textbooks should remain to be used (and to brush up my debating).
Tmurdock

Pro

I would like to begin with a quote. Now that digital lifestyle devices, tablets, wireless phones, and other Internet appliances are beginning to come of age, we need to worry about presenting our content to these devices so that it is optimized for their display capabilities."
Mike Davidson who is the vice president of design at twitter said this.
It is for this reason and the following I believe that tablets should replace textbooks.
My value shall be that of knowledge with my value criterion being that of social progress. Knowledge is defined by http://www.oxforddictionaries.com... as "Facts, information, and skills acquired by a person through experience or education; the theoretical or practical understanding of a subject." My value criterion is defined by http://www.angelfire.com... as "The value which holds that any practice or belief which promotes progress is good."

Contention 1: Why we need tablets in schools. http://neatoday.org... This link is to a news website. To make a long story short here is the just of what they say. The story has a small section where they say, "The devices also allow students to get up-to-the-minute information, unlike textbooks that quickly become outdated. "I can call our technology director in the evening and have her push out the latest version of material and within ten minutes my kids have a new application" on their devices, Widhalm explained." This best explains this point. The world is ever changing and these devices can help them keep up.

Contention 2: How we are going to pay for it. http://www.nytimes.com... This is another news website. The New York Times. They mainly talk about giving grants and so forth. It is a great idea.

Contention 3: What these tablets will bring to the classroom. This is from my own knowledge. Tablets connects us to the internet. They help us do calculations. They help us learn. Today we use google classroom a lot. We also use emails, remind101, and other useful tools. It helps us a ton. You can also ask any other student with a tablet or chromebook how well these help us.

Conclusion: In conclusion I leave you with one more quote. "I think we built the right future. If it's a choice between the flying car or the Internet, tablets and smartphones, I'll take what we've got."
David Gerrold who is an actor said that. I know open myself up for questions and comments.
Vedney

Con

Vedney forfeited this round.
Tmurdock

Pro

"Speak only if it improves upon the silence."
R13; Mahatma Gandhi

They agree with me. Silence is ievitable. It is key. My case stands. My opponent has given up. Vote for me
Vedney

Con

Vedney forfeited this round.
Tmurdock

Pro

Tmurdock forfeited this round.
Vedney

Con

Vedney forfeited this round.
Posted by GoOrDin 1 year ago
GoOrDin
trees grow back, your brain doesn't.

paper uses very small amounts of Renewable resources form text books. which can be used when your BATTERY dies, which is ironic concerning tying to be Green is one of your primary debate point.
Posted by GoOrDin 1 year ago
GoOrDin
I do not like the idea.
I am generation X for quality video games, and I have watched the development of the MODERN computer.
Textbooks for computers would impose on progress,

children:
-hiding their activities;
- and being distracted.
-gossiping,
-social injustice and neglect regarding friends circles, bullying and sexual deviancy

apart from that obvious reason to say NO

there is a potential brain problem that would create a natural attachment to being disconnected from the physical world making them incompetent workers, family men, and people.

Japan has a huge huge huge population of depressed people. because they are so caught up by their computers and cannot rationalize their existence.

I win.
I always win.