TheBunnyAssassin
Dynasty2468

Taiwan should NOT give in to the unconstitutional demands of President Ma.

TheBunnyAssassin

TheBunnyAssassin

Pro

Hello Spectators and Opponent, I am arguing for the pro side of Taiwan's dilemma.

As many of you may know, more than one hundred thousand students are currently protesting in Taiwan. What for? For their rights of liberty. Freedom. Democracy.
There are two major political parties in Taiwan, the Kuomingtang and the Mingzingtang. The first one, is supported by the powerful, big-name corporations in Taiwan. Who also urge unification with China. Well, what for? This party is the true TRAITORS of Taiwan. The reasons for their loyalty is based solely on their need for greater wealth and power. As George Washington, the first President of the United States once said, "No punishment, is too great for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin."
What does this quote mean? Washington meant that the ones who would ruin their country just for their gain of money or power showed just how unpatriotic they were to the place where they were born and raised. This applies to the Kuomingtang party, who elected their figurehead of a president, President Ma.
If such a president is controlled by a president, a president who was willing to open Taiwan to immigration from China, which would ultimately allow Taiwan to become taken over again, how is this CONSTITUTIONAL. In addition, what type of DEMOCRACY is this when the PEOPLE do were not even TOLD or even had a VOICE in this situation.
Now many of you are thinking, well why shouldn't we ask for change?
The protesters HAVE asked for change. But for 24 days now, President Ma has been hiding in his little home, not even peeking his head out (except for a few times to deliver speeches that have no benefit).
Therefore, Taiwan should NEVER give in to President Ma's unconstitutional requests of union with China.
Dynasty2468

Con

First off, I disagree that President Ma is trying to unite the 2 countries for wealth and power. President Ma is simply trying to trade with China to improve the economy. Also, unite the China was Dr. Sun (The founder of the Republic of China)'s wish. Those students who were protesting was ignorant and unwilling to improve the country.
TheBunnyAssassin

Pro

First of all, you state that "President Ma is simply trying to trade with China to improve the economy." The reason and result of his action would be "for businesses to set up offices and branches in the other territory and for large stakes in businesses to be sold to the other party"s investors." (ECFA 3-31-14)
What is the meaning of this quote and law that Ma was trying to pass? President Ma wanted to pass this pact that would allow China to "set up offices and branches... and for large stakes in businesses to be sold to the other party's investors." This would be a total invasion of Taiwan. The People's Republic of China (China) would be given the permission to bring their large-scale corporations into Taiwan. After a few years of this intrusion, is there going to be a country called Taiwan? No. China would opt the Taiwanese economy bit by bit until Taiwan is completely dependent on China. Would Taiwan be Taiwan anymore? The Chinese would soon bring their families and buy homes as they have done in the United States, and crowd into the country until their landowners despise of them.

My opponent's second rebuttal was that "unite the China was Dr. Sun's wish". This is historically inaccurate. The whole point of creating the new country Taiwan was to secede from China. "Dr." Sun or more accurately, Sun Yat-Sen, created Taiwan because he wanted to propagate a new democratic China. This "China" ultimately became Taiwan. Therefore, your contention is fallacious.

My opponent's last rebuttal was that "Those students who were protesting was ignorant and unwilling to improve the country." Again, this reasoning utilizes fallacy and has no real source or evidence. The whole REASON of protesting was to improve their country. These students did not want President Ma to meaninglessly open their country to invasion from China. They are the true patriots of Taiwan, not some wealth hungry man like President Ma. Remember, President Ma is part of the Kuomintang party, a party that seeks to UNIFY Taiwan with China.

I await my opponent's next argument.
I would also like to add that my opponent displays fallacious reasoning and incorrect grammar usage.

Source(s):
http://www.taipeitimes.com...
http://www.britannica.com...
a brain
Dynasty2468

Con

Dynasty2468 forfeited this round.
TheBunnyAssassin

Pro

It seems like my opponent has been overwhelmed.
Perhaps he shall forfeit the other rounds?
Dynasty2468

Con

Dynasty2468 forfeited this round.
TheBunnyAssassin

Pro

TheBunnyAssassin forfeited this round.
Dynasty2468

Con

I forfeit.
TheBunnyAssassin

Pro

Accepted.
Dynasty2468

Con

Dynasty2468 forfeited this round.
Posted by TheBunnyAssassin 3 years ago
TheBunnyAssassin
I apologize for the typo, due to my rush in posting my first argument. It will not happen again.
Posted by wrichcirw 3 years ago
wrichcirw
It's the Minzhu dang, not the "mingzingdang" which sounds like some sort of ethnic slur.

"Minzhu" means "democracy" in Chinese.

Given that you've butchered one of the main elements of this debate, I doubt this will be one of quality.
Vote Placed by Wylted 3 years ago
Wylted
TheBunnyAssassinDynasty2468Tied